Become a Patron!

VGOD PRO 200 TC Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the PRO 200 TC Kit from VGOD. The VGOD PRO 200 TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vgod-pro-200-kit.html

Introduction

VGOD are known for their high build quality and mech mods but do also manufacture regulated devices from time to time and here we have a kit that has been out for a while but still worth a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x VGODPRO 200 MOD
1x VGOD PRO SubTank
2x 0.2ohm Shotgun Coil
1x Extra Glass Tube
2x User Manual
1x Accessories Pack

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Pro 200 Kit comes in cardboard box packaging and on opening the box we see device only lying proudly in the top tray with tank and all other accessories in the tier below. I received the Red version which is paired with the Black Pro Subtank, the other versions are Black and Grey, all versions come with a Black tank. The device is made of Zinc Alloy and feels quite heavy in the hand, it has a really nice textured finish and Rubber tread sections on both sides of the device giving it quite a unique look. One side has two rubber tread sections and dummy venting slots in the bottom corner, the opposite side is the battery panel and has the same rubber sections and venting slots only on this side they are not dummies, we also have a nice VGOD badge positioned in the bottom rubber section. The face of the device has a central rectangular screen and lower down small round Black navigational buttons, finally right at the bottom is the micro USB port. The spine of the device has "VGOD" branding, then on the base we have more branding and safety stamps. Up top to one side we have a Stainless Steel 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510, it has quite a long throw. To the opposite side on a slight slope we have a large square Black fire button that protrudes ever so slightly. The build quality is excellent and we have no rattles whatsoever, although with having small hands i found it quite awkward in the hand.

Pro Subtank Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 24mm x 53.1mm
24mm Diameter
Large 5.0ml E-liquid Capacity
Convenient Twist-Off Filling System
Dual Adjustable Bottom Airflow
Distinctive VGOD Shields
Food-Grade Pyrex Glass Tube
High Quality Stainless Steel Construction
0.2ohm Shotgun Quad Coil (30 - 100W, Best at 60W)
Intensified Flavor and Massive Clouds
Excellent Sub-Ohm Vaping
510 Threaded
Colours: Black

Assembling and Disassembling

The Pro Subtank separates into it's various parts and reassembles again very easily. The base screws off with coil (if fitted) leaving the rest of the tank which comprises of a glass tube fitted over an inner cage and top-cap with drip tip, the top-cap has a protruding thread on the top which the drip tip screws onto which means you can't use your own but have to use the one that comes with the tank.
The top-cap screws off the top of the inner cage allowing for easy removal of the glass, and that's it; the tank is now in it's various parts. When reassembling (which is just as straightforward) if you wish you can fit the spare tinted glass which although tinted still allows you to see the juice clearly through the glass.

Top-fill System

The Pro Subtank has a top-fill method, simply unscrew the top-cap which reveals a solid section as the juice ports appear blocked because they have self sealing membranes, pushing the nozzle of your juice bottle downwards through one of the juice ports pushes the membrane downwards and allows you to fill. When you remove your nozzle the port reseals itself and you can screw back on the top-cap.

The Coils

The Pro Subtank comes with a pre-installed 0.2ohm Dual parallel Quad Coil which has a rating between 30w to 100w with VGOD's best recommendation being 60w. There is also a 0.4ohm Dual parallel Quad Coil available which is more up my street and gives superior flavour compared the 0.2ohm coil (i have had the Pro Subtank a while and used it quite a lot in the past), this coil is rated 30w to 70w with a best at 45w. The coils are beasts in size with huge wicking holes and a perforated spit shield, they have been given the name Shotgun Coils and the material is SS316. Although the Pro Subtank doesn't come with the 0.4ohm coil it does come with a spare 0.2ohm SS316 coil, their is also an RBA deck available which will be a big pro for many.

The RBA Deck

Although you don't get the RBA deck included i do have one as the Pro Subtank i already have and have used it quite a bit in the past so i will do a quick overview of it:

The single build RBA deck is the most spacious and easy to build on RBA deck i have used, i estimate it's about 20mm in diameter but seems far more spacious. The deck has dual posts opposite each other so your legs need to go in opposite directions. There is a side post hole in each post, each post hole has a large lip so your coil legs slot down into place staying put while you tighten up the large flathead grub screws. Wicking is straight forward just putting your cotton ends into the 2 juice wells without over stuffing and the cotton gets wicked from below. From the airflow slots the air enters the deck in 3 places, there is a large central air outlet for hitting the bottom of the coil plus on both posts on the opposite sides to where you fit your wire there are air outlets also giving side airflow to your coil.

VGOD Pro 200 Specs and Features:

Dimension: 85 x 57.5 x 25mm
Wattage: 7-200W
Cell Type: Dual high-rate 18650 cells(not included)
Output Voltage: 0-8.5V
Max Current: 40A
Working Modes: VW/TC(NI/TI/SS316/SS304)/MECH/PRO
Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F
Resistant Range: 0.06ohm-5ohm
Material: Zinc Alloy
Comfortable rubber side panels & distinctive VGOD shields
Convenient top fire button and the advanced menu
Unique MECH and PRO modes
Colours: Black, Red, Grey

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Fitting Your Batteries

There is a notch on the bottom of one of the side panels to allow you to use your fingernail to help get the panel off which is fitted very securely kept in place by two large, very strong magnets. Once off it reveals the battery compartment which accommodates dual 18650 batteries and we also have a battery ribbon fitted which is needed to remove the batteries as they sit deep in the tray. As i have already mentioned the panel is very secure and we have no rattle or movement with my only complaint being the usual Black on Black labelled battery orientation, please White!

The Display

I like the display on the Pro 200, its bright, sharp, well laid out and uses colour well to give it an aesthetically pleasing look. The top left area of the display we have the Wattage or temperature depending which mode you are in, underneath this is the mode. Top right we have the unit so watts or whichever temperature unit you are using, underneath this is seconds vaped which displays watts instead when using temp control. Underneath still on the right of the display we have resistance followed by voltage, bottom left of the screen we have the 2 battery status bars but wish the battery status could also be shown as a percentage.

Navigating The Pro 200

The Pro 200 can be turned on and off with the usual 5 clicks of the fire button and once on you are met by the already mentioned sharp, bright colour display. + and - together locks and unlocks the navigational buttons but the device will still fire and to enter the menu is + and fire together.
When you enter the menu (settings) we get a list of options which are Advanced, Screen Colour, Temp Unit, Brightness, Rotate Screen, Factory Reset and Exit. I will skip Advanced for now and go through the other options, Screen colour allows you to use the navigational buttons to cycle through all the screen colour options to customise the display, Temp unit allows you to choose whether the device displays temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Next we have brightness which you will probably want to adjust as the display is insanely bright, then we have rotate screen, factory settings and Exit all of which are obvious.
Going back to Advance, this brings up the list of modes which are Wattage, Ti, Ni, SS304, SS316, Pro (this is the curves feature) and Mech which makes the device work like a mechanical mod while still keeping the benefit of all the safety features a regulated device offers. Finally when using temp control on the right of the screen where we had seconds vaped displayed in wattage mode we now have watts instead, pressing + and - together very quickly causes this to blink and it allows you to set wattage for temp control up to 100W.

My Experience Using The Pro 200 Kit

First i need to state i do not vape using temp control or have access to data so simply review devices as i experience them.
I will start with the Pro Subtank as in the past i have used it quite a lot but mainly with the RBA head which sadly isn't included in the kit. The coil that is included is my least favourite of the available coils and takes an age to break in but once it has it gives very good flavour and they have decent longevity. The reason i use it with the RBA deck only now is because the coils are expensive which needs pointing out and are not a mainstream fit so their are not cheaper alternatives, at least unlike when this kit was first released you do now get 2 of the 0.2ohm coils included rather than just the one although listings on vendors sites haven't updated this information. I don't like the proprietary drip tip/top cap as i much prefer the choice of using my own drip tip but i do like the leakproof filling method , 5ml capacity and smooth airflow, the Pro Subtank gives bags of air and i need to close it down to only a third open for the restriction i like.
The Pro 200 feels and looks a quality device and i love the large square fire button positioned on the top and rubber tread sections both sides but with having small hands i don't find it very ergonomic and it feels awkward in the hand. The fire button is nice and clicky as are the navigational buttons and as already mentioned i love the display. The firing and ramp up is instant and while testing i found it to work solidly in power mode at all sorts of wattage's. The Pro (curves) feature works well and although i don't use temp control i have heard temp control is fine on the device, i didn't use the device in mech mode but it's their if it interests you. The device is easy enough to navigate but i feel the menu system could be slicker and also over 24mm atty's start to give overhang so not for those that like their big atty's. Another pro for the device is that it adjusts in 1w increments and the scrolling speed is about perfect, only being able to adjust wattage up to 100W i'm sure will be a con for temp control users but not personally being a temp control user i'm not sure if that's a big deal or just minor. The device does support on-board charging and shows the percentage of each battery as they charge but their is nothing in the specs about charge rate or whether the device is firmware upgradeable, although it probably is if it doesn't say i have to assume it isn't for the purpose of this review.

Excellent build quality
Textured Finish
Unique looking Rubber tread sections
Nice VGOD badge
Very large fire button positioned on top slope
Large, bright, sharp colour display
Display customisation
Instant firing and ramp up
Pro (curves) worked well
TC (not tested but have heard it works fine)
Mech mode (not used)
Adjusts in 1 watt increments at nice speed
Very secure battery panel
Pro Subtank - Good flavour from supplied coils when broken-in
Pro Subtank - 5ml Capacity
Pro Subtank - Leakproof topfill
Pro Subtank - RBA head available
Pro Subtank - Spare glass
Supports on-board charging (Rate?)

Cons

Not very ergonomic (might be better if you have big hands)
Atty's over 24mm will give overhang
Feel menu system could flow better
Black on Black labelled orientation
Coils for Pro Subtank expensive
Can't fit own drip tip
long break-in period
RBA head not included
No Specs regarding charge rate or if the device is firmware upgradeable

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the VGOD PRO 200 TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vgod-pro-200-kit.html

VU Sponsors