Become a Patron!

Via Reddit: Top 3 PG manufacturers, including Dow, bailing out of the vaping market.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, talk about scary. Couple this with the news about Sony discontinuing the VTC5's and pretty much saying "these were laptop batteries and were never meant to make it into consumer hands". Looks like we are being abandoned. And here we were worried about the government doing it to us. The full on assault may be starting much sooner than we expected and coming at us from angles we never thought about. Still, not time to overreact yet. But damn..this makes you think.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont read that response from Dow like that at all..... (unless Ive missed something here).

I do read they have to responded to someone that requested info on PG for use in electronic cigs........ Dow resonded by saying that they dont support the use of their product for e cigs any longer. They are not saying they are going to stop making it and selling it.....and I seriously doubt they will with the amount of world wide usage for PG for other things.

I can understsand why they would say something like that. They are just covering their ass due to the unknown long term effect of PG and vaping. They dont know the effects and neither do we for that matter. They just dont want to get sued in possible a class action lawsuit down the road.

My thoughts anyway

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Man Thunderball, I really hope you're right. It just smells of Big Pharma flexing some muscle and making some threats to take their business elsewhere. All we can do is wait and see how much more of this kind of info pops up. For now, I'll leave my tin foil had in the corner...LOL Like I've said in all my posts over the last few days. Most important thing...ESPECIALLY TODAY is to make sure that ALLLLLLLLLL VAPERS get their comments into the FDA! Who knows if it'll make any difference at all, but we gotta try!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man Thunderball, I really hope you're right. It just smells of Big Pharma flexing some muscle and making some threats to take their business elsewhere. All we can do is wait and see how much more of this kind of info pops up. For now, I'll leave my tin foil had in the corner...LOL Like I've said in all my posts over the last few days. Most important thing...ESPECIALLY TODAY is to make sure that ALLLLLLLLLL VAPERS get their comments into the FDA! Who knows if it'll make any difference at all, but we gotta try!

Wel........., ONTHE OTHER HAND.....lol.....You make me think of the next logical step......... Now that you bring the FDA into this, I recon they would logically use statements like that one from Dow to exclaim "look, even then manufacturors must think it is unsafe to vape, therefore it must be banned"

Alwasy alot to think about whith these issues.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL...I have an extra tin foil hat. If you need it..let me know :)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This Just In: A recent study completed by the FDA shows that wearing tin foil hats causes cancer. :::DAMMIT!!!!:::::LOL

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
okies peepz... if you like your vape.. we are going to have some things to figure out.. :(

I do not use pg.. it makes me cough too bad.
I can do my powdered additives with 151 rum.. don't need pg to make me happy.

but guess I need to stock up on batteries for my 26650 now. :confused:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
okies peepz... if you like your vape.. we are going to have some things to figure out.. :(

I do not use pg.. it makes me cough too bad.
I can do my powdered additives with 151 rum.. don't need pg to make me happy.

but guess I need to stock up on batteries for my 26650 now. :confused:

What kind of powdered additives ?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
menthol, sweetener, vanillin..
some use caffeine.. but that is just a waste.
You em, sour... all of these normally are mixed with pg, but can be mixed with vg and half alcohol.. <the later is what I use.

VU Sponsors