Views on FA Ylang, Ozone and Royal please

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks folks , didn't see those reviewed .

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ozone is like sweet hay scented wannabe tobacco flavor.
Honestly it is like maple syrup sweet cloying artifical syrup stuff people put on pancakes, and someone dragged wet green hay through. While a stand alone batch would most likely make you vomit I use it to round out the sweeter note on some tobacco blends.

I have not touched or played with the others.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
FA Ylang-ylang is just like the floral incense with that name. It leaves a vapor trail that smells like that, too.

I could have sworn I wrote a detailed description of Royal, but I see I have not. It's a mild and smooth tobacco, a little on the sweet side, more cig-like than cigar or pipe. At 1% I didn't get much flavor from it. Around 1.5% was okay for me, and I clearly tasted some sweet mint in it. At 2% that began to taste like menthol to me. I think not all people would detect that mint/menthol. It's very light, and I'm sensitive to that flavor. Royal doesn't remind me of any American cigarette I know, but I could believe it's the flavor of some actual, mild cigarette.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
my friend used to mix ozone royal and ylang ylang with other stuff
you probably wouldn't wanna vape it on it's own

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I like all 3.. :)

I agree with HIC on ylang ylang.. but I like to mix it with some neroli, and ozone.. varying around 1-3%
it's different.. it might fit in with your tastes, too VH..

Royal.. still have not had a chance to play with it, lately.. but i don't pick up a mint/menthol.. it's more of a cooling effect to me..
light cig, prob from around the border of France.. my impression.. and stretching it to call cig..
I might break it out tomorrow afternoon.. will keep you posted.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA Ylang-ylang is just like the floral incense with that name. It leaves a vapor trail that smells like that, too.

I could have sworn I wrote a detailed description of Royal, but I see I have not. It's a mild and smooth tobacco, a little on the sweet side, more cig-like than cigar or pipe. At 1% I didn't get much flavor from it. Around 1.5% was okay for me, and I clearly tasted some sweet mint in it. At 2% that began to taste like menthol to me. I think not all people would detect that mint/menthol. It's very light, and I'm sensitive to that flavor. Royal doesn't remind me of any American cigarette I know, but I could believe it's the flavor of some actual, mild cigarette.

I got that menthol/cooling thing from Royal. It's not bad, I'm just not sure I'll find a good use for it.

I have a bottle of ylang-ylang that I haven't tried yet. I'm a little intimidated by it. I look at it every time I open my flavors drawer... It's just in there. Looking back at me.

Ozone is kinda weird. Almost a pancake syrup tobacco. I find it slightly unpleasant.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have to giggle to see what we all think of the flavors.. Jason, I am..:p
and I am sooo! sore from the gym, holly smackeroos!! :confused:

Try the Ozone with some mad fruit (red bull/enengery drink) :)
for the royal, you can add Oba oba for a creamier tobacco,

I use my ylang ylang in my Ocean Spray recipe.. and hate to say I can't pass that one out..
it will put an interesting spin on things.. I add only .5-.75%, if that helps. :oops:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks , can anyone let me know what Oba oba, Tobacco extract or Absolute , and what about the Vape Wizard .

Thank you

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks , can anyone let me know what Oba oba, Tobacco extract or Absolute , and what about the Vape Wizard .

Thank you
You will get a nutty hay like note with absolute it is dark and you will not use more than 2-3 drops max or it will take on an interesting puke inducing nastiness.
Vape wiz is sweeter, coconut note, have not done a stand alone but have added to several mixes to put a twist on what I am vaping. MTS vape wizard, bitter wizard and magic mask should have a place in your flavor arsenal they all have their place.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thank you

I like Oba Oba, when fresh, it's really good marshmallow with a sort of "thick" cloudy vapor. As it ages it turns into a kind of marshmallow tobacco, IMO it's just... okay, but that takes about six weeks.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah thats another one i was curious about , Bitter Wizard .

Thanks everybody

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah thats another one i was curious about , Bitter Wizard .

Thanks everybody
I use bitter wiz to kill the cloying overly sweet asstertaste you get with some flavors. Think of it as bitters in beer, it rounds off the hop punch.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like Oba Oba, when fresh, it's really good marshmallow with a sort of "thick" cloudy vapor. As it ages it turns into a kind of marshmallow tobacco, IMO it's just... okay, but that takes about six weeks.

I mix it equal parts with shade (about 1% each iirc). Makes a good, not to sweet vape. A teeny swirl of menthol lifts it and makes it different. I do crockpot it for at least 4 hours - before then it's not cooked to my taste!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do a blend for mom which is tuscan, virgina 7 leaf and latakia with a few drops of black fire. If the BF is to high I roll a few drops of ozone or vape wiz into it.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have new impressions about ylang ylang. Just tried a recipie with lemon Sicily FA and ylang as the base ingredients and I just can't put my finger on it. I thought it would be more like a lemon candy'ish flavor based on smell but was just on odd flavor I can't put my finger on.

Malvada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ylang-Ylang is an Aisian floral flavor that goes well with cherry blossom, vanillas, and rose. Maybe a drop or two of red oak wouldn't hurt either. Wish me luck, I'm in the middle of mixing now! Tee-Hee! I'd say the closest it comes to is lavender. Tho not the same by any stretch, they just remind me of each other.

Last edited:

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@BigNasty um er there are different Tobacco Absolutes and they all seem to be pretty concentrated - so I can suppose if the %s were too high they would be nasty tasting.:confused: They are also usually made using PGA Pure Grain Alcohol and in my honest opinion need a day or 2 with caps off to air that taste out. YMMV;)

VU Sponsors