Become a Patron!

Views on the smok priv v8?

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Newish to vaping. Ordered the priv v8. Talked with one guy at a shop who loved his. I love how simple it is. I smoked for almost 15 years but not anymore as of 10 days ago. What do yall think of this little mod? Any suggestions of a better similar one? I want no screens or controls or settings. Easy is good lol. But also want somesome that cant/wont blow up. Also something pocket friendly.

Thanks
Kc

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oddly enough I handled one today and it was the biggest piece of shit that I've seen in some time. My gf's friend handed it to me after the tank pulled the 510 out of the mod. What is with people btw... The air flow on the tank was absolutely stuffed solid with what appeared to be lipstick or other makeup. Disgusting!

Anyway, I had to look up the device because I couldn't believe that Smok put out such a piece of garbage. Silly me, of course they did.

Anyway, I would pass on that steaming pile. I refused to fix it because I didn't want her to use it fixed or not. I have plenty of mods that I can give out when this kind of thing happens. I'm grateful for all of the quality regulated boxes that I picked up when I was new. My friends will keep their fingers if I can help it.

Speaking of regulated... Your question would have been a better fit in the regulated sub forum. This, being the unregulated/mech sub forum, is better suited to questions regarding devices without a brain. Doesn't bother me, just wanted to mention that you might get better results in the other forum. :)

Good luck with whichever mod you decide to pick up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Well ok. Pretty new. I've now talked with a couple people that use this dayly. No complaints. But I'm sure based on price it won't last long. Any suggestions with something the same but much better??

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Srtigamort- gfy. Please kill yourself before replying again. Thanks but no thanks. Just wanna quit smoking, that's it.
Thanks
Bye
Please gfy. No joke.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well you're a pleasant little boy. Must be awesome living such a miserable existence. Next time you kiss your mother with those lips (or touch her with those fingers? Gross! You get what I'm saying, I believe in you) think of me. ;)

rollersk4te

Member For 1 Year
Sigelei and Vaporesso both make solid mods that will last you a lot longer than most of Smok's mods will. It's fine if you like the Priv V8, just know that it may not last you very long because Smok tends to go with the cheapest components possible and QA is a bit of a problem for them. The Eleaf Pico is a very popular, simple mod that you may like, too.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oddly enough I handled one today and it was the biggest piece of shit that I've seen in some time. My gf's friend handed it to me after the tank pulled the 510 out of the mod. What is with people btw... The air flow on the tank was absolutely stuffed solid with what appeared to be lipstick or other makeup. Disgusting!

Anyway, I had to look up the device because I couldn't believe that Smok put out such a piece of garbage. Silly me, of course they did.

Anyway, I would pass on that steaming pile. I refused to fix it because I didn't want her to use it fixed or not. I have plenty of mods that I can give out when this kind of thing happens. I'm grateful for all of the quality regulated boxes that I picked up when I was new. My friends will keep their fingers if I can help it.

Speaking of regulated... Your question would have been a better fit in the regulated sub forum. This, being the unregulated/mech sub forum, is better suited to questions regarding devices without a brain. Doesn't bother me, just wanted to mention that you might get better results in the other forum. :)

Good luck with whichever mod you decide to pick up.

Smok strikes again!
A friend of mine just today had a GPriv shit the bed on her.
Asked if I could fix it, Yes I can. Threw it in the trash.
Gave her a Drag to use while she grabs something else

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Since you asked what someone’s opinion of smok is:

I’ve had one start sparking on me, it flew away and then started smoking.

After mod of the general consssus, I’ve deemed them not worth the money.

My go to, have always been dna;
But, lately I’ve been getting into simpler less complicated gear. My latest edition was a squid double barrel, before that was a minikin.
Asmodus, joyetech, Siegeli, vaporshark, hcigar and smoant are brands that have personally served me well over the years

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Glad I looked up again. I had a big reply going here :huh:

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Already ditched the priv v8. Very shitty as far as durability went. It worked but felt that i could crush it by gripping too hard. I gotta go with everyone that bad mouths smok. Cheap plastic...
If thats all you can afford, so be it. Last week my aegis legend showed up and its amazing. And tho im not a fan of tons of settings and a screen this baby is dope and user friendly. Plus the aero mesh coils are 5x better than smok coils. Win win win win in my book. I will recommend to all! Plus it wasnt spendy. Another win!

Oh yeah the batt door broke after 3 weeks (thank god for ducttape)

VU Sponsors