Become a Patron!

Goonkiller123

Member For 1 Year
im wondering what type of grease can I use to lubricate the switch “just the switch”of my kennedy vindicator, because I tried to do some research about it but anything clear enough some people said do (dielectric grease like super lube) and other comments said don’t do anything to the switch or just put some baseline the only reason I’m asking this is because the switch already comes with grease on it but the time has come to clean that dirty greasy and put some new but I don’t know what can I use.

Thanks for any inputs.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My vindicator didn't have anything on it. The switch is butter smooth. Are you having problems with yours?

Goonkiller123

Member For 1 Year
My vindicator didn't have anything on it. The switch is butter smooth. Are you having problems with yours?
Its dirty but nothing wrong with it, I know that some didn’t come with grease on the switch, I checked some YouTube reviewers like ambitionz vaper or vaping bogan and the mod have grease on the switch but have no clue what type it is.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its dirty but anything wrong with it, I know that some didn’t come with grease on the switch, I checked some YouTube reviewers like ambitionz vaper or vaping bogan and the mod have grease on the switch but have no clue what type it is.

Interesting. As I said, There's nothing on my switch and it works flawlessly. Best switch out off all of my tubes. I know there are many here with much more knowledge of Kennedy mods so hopefully one of them will come along soon. Good luck and welcome to VU.

Goonkiller123

Member For 1 Year
Interesting. As I said, There's nothing on my switch and it works flawlessly. Best switch out off all of my tubes. I know there are many here with much more knowledge of Kennedy mods so hopefully one of them will come along soon. Good luck and welcome to VU.
Thanks, I know it’s a really nice mod and the switch works amazing as you said hopefully will get more info about that grease.

Goonkiller123

Member For 1 Year
3392A117-BDB1-481D-8B1F-0F7AFECA5944.jpeg I’m not i mean I wanna keep the mod in the best condition possible, I have some other tubes and they didn’t come with anything on the switch and they work nice but I’m really curious about this grease and at least on mine it did come with it so I’m assuming it’s for a reason or maybe not I’m not sure to be honest.

I’m not looking into this to improve conductivity or anything like I said just want to keep my mod perfect.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotcha! Sorry I'm a little slow in the head and was having trouble fully comprehending.

Goonkiller123

Member For 1 Year
Gotcha! Sorry I'm a little slow in the head and was having trouble fully comprehending.
It’s totally fine I’m not a native English speaker so I know that I might be the one not using the proper words to explain my self but I think you got my point and my question so thanks!!!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My vindicator switch can be not so smooth when dry. I’ve just been using silicon greese. Doesn’t help conductivity, but keeps the switch smooth.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After cleaning with all the contacts and threads I use Deoxit Gold. With SS threads though I use Noalox. It will make a difference

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After cleaning with all the contacts and threads I use Deoxit Gold. With SS threads though I use Noalox. It will make a difference

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I may try that although I can't imagine the switch being any better.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I may try that although I can't imagine the switch being any better.
On screw threads, using the kind of contact cleaner that contains an electric lube or electric grease will speed up corrosion thereby it gradually worsens the problem over time, eventually resulting in permanently degraded screw threads. Use only the kind of contact spray that completely evaporates (usually it will be a mixture of propene and isopropyl) so that it leaves no residue nor a "protective" layer.

Air gets squeezed out as you tighten the screw threads so not much oxidation should occur from the oxygen in the air if you don't store the parts unscrewed for a long period. What little oxidation will creep in from exposure to air as you unscrew parts to change out the battery or remove an atomizer etc. will be polished away by the friction of screwing the parts together, if the screw threads are kept clean. Due to machining tolerances and natural (very small) imperfections in the smoothness of polished metal surfaces, in multiple small areas the two screw threads surfaces won't touch. The microscopically thin layer of air that results from this in these areas causes a bit more oxidation in these areas which won't matter because the two metal surfaces don't touch, there's no contact so no electric conductance in these areas. The polishing effect of screwing/unscrewing parts moves metal dust and oxidised metal dust to the sides of these areas where dust sits and causes no ill effect, and gets cleaned out regularly with normal maintenance. Frequent polishing of screw threads removes metal until eventually they will have worn out too much to still provide good contact. Polishing of screw threads (with Mothers or similar) should normally only be done to remove oxidation if parts were left unscrewed for a long period or to remove corrosion buildup that occurs if mishandling the screw threads like applying protective coatings that break down due to micro-arcing (not to be confused with arcing) after which these broken-down protective coatings cause more harm than good........

VU Sponsors