Become a Patron!

Vintage e-juice?????

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So when i got my Innokin MPV4 back in June 2017 they gave me a free bottle of juice; Melt, by SQN.
Tried it, didnt like it, and tossed it into a desk drawer and forgot about it.
So today, I am going through my desk to find one of my baby screwdrivers, and see it rolling around.
It had turned a slightly darker color (I think, maybe imagination).
So I decided to drip some into my RDA.. It was awesome!!! I love the stuff!!!!

So maybe ejuice is like fine red wine? LOL

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes it depends on if it was opened. I had a few bottles sitting around that were half full and they turned so dark I am hesitant to try them. Darker I would never think was a problem but this dark is concerning. I will let you know if and when I decide to try them.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes it depends on if it was opened. I had a few bottles sitting around that were half full and they turned so dark I am hesitant to try them. Darker I would never think was a problem but this dark is concerning. I will let you know if and when I decide to try them.

Oh, I guess they can go bad... yeah, like i said, i had opened and tried it, and didnt like it...
It's only a few months old, what if it was a few years?
How old was your dark bottle?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my experience unopened can last years although I have had some open and it did not change radically because there was just a small amount used that stood for many months. I think a lot has to do with the amount of air in the bottle and the quality of the ingredients.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Juice does not technically expire as in it's gone bad and will hurt you. What happens with juice over a long period of time is the flavors and nic start to degrade. (Most strawberries start to degrade at about 6 months.) Some juices will turn almost black the older they get... it won't harm you to vape it... but they probably won't taste good anymore. Here's the standard I go by... from the time I receive the juice... if it's unopened in plastic bottles I'll keep it for 1 year... if it's unopened in glass I'll keep it for 2-3 years.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I've found juices I forgotten I had, come across them & vape. Usually better than when I bought them. The really dark ones gross me out, might drip them. Usually toss them.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've found juices I forgotten I had, come across them & vape. Usually better than when I bought them. The really dark ones gross me out, might drip them. Usually toss them.

I just noticed this bottle actually has a 'exp.' date of 03-2017.. never seen one of those before.. seen lots of "born on" dates
but never a exp date... so it expired 6 months ago... lol..
Some juices, i dont really like, but i can tell they have potential.. so i keep them and let them age..
if they still suck after, say, a month (i figure thats plenty of time) i toss them...

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Ignore exp. date. Month is not long enough time, one of the best orange juices I've had takes 3m to really shine. I wish all juices required born on date.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only vape old juice. The older the better. So, I make big batches. :)

ditto, I like lots of diff flavors during the day so I make a couple 100 - 200ml batches per month. Everything I am vaping right now was mixed between January and March.

You make your own juice?

Many do as it is far cheaper. I can make 120ml for about $2 versus the 30 - 40 dollars per bottle I used to pay:

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ignore exp. date. Month is not long enough time, one of the best orange juices I've had takes 3m to really shine. I wish all juices required born on date.

I do too.. actually been sending out emails asking them to put a 'born on' date on their bottles..
Everything you buy in a grocery store that you consume has a date somewhere, so why not e-liquid, esp
since we all know it needs to steep a while....

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ditto, I like lots of diff flavors during the day so I make a couple 100 - 200ml batches per month. Everything I am vaping right now was mixed between January and March.

Many do as it is far cheaper. I can make 120ml for about $2 versus the 30 - 40 dollars per bottle I used to pay:

Wow!!! where do you find all the flavors for mixing?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow!!! where do you find all the flavors for mixing?
I only use Real Flavors now (the ones on the bottom left) as I can get a good recipe using very low flavor percents. The stuff on the bottom right is various other vendors I am trying to use up. Nicotine I bought from a few different vendors (Nude, MFS and RTS) last year when stocking up and the PG and VG I got from Essential Depot.

I ordered the more popular TFA/FW/FA flavors from Bull City Flavors and One Stop DIY Shop but there are lots of places to buy flavors and some places where you can get everything (flavors, nic and pg/vg) all at the same place. Wizard Labs is one of the places I have seen mentioned where I think you can get everything you need in one order. If you search the DIY forum you can probably find threads from others asking where to buy flavors, nic and PG/VG.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm the same way... screw expirations... I'LL DECIDE when I think it's no good anymore... just tell me when it was made.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only use Real Flavors now (the ones on the bottom left) as I can get a good recipe using very low flavor percents. The stuff on the bottom right is various other vendors I am trying to use up. Nicotine I bought from a few different vendors (Nude, MFS and RTS) last year when stocking up and the PG and VG I got from Essential Depot.

I ordered the more popular TFA/FW/FA flavors from Bull City Flavors and One Stop DIY Shop but there are lots of places to buy flavors and some places where you can get everything (flavors, nic and pg/vg) all at the same place. Wizard Labs is one of the places I have seen mentioned where I think you can get everything you need in one order. If you search the DIY forum you can probably find threads from others asking where to buy flavors, nic and PG/VG.

Awesome... thanks :)

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just noticed this bottle actually has a 'exp.' date of 03-2017.. never seen one of those before.. seen lots of "born on" dates
but never a exp date... so it expired 6 months ago... lol..
Some juices, i dont really like, but i can tell they have potential.. so i keep them and let them age..
if they still suck after, say, a month (i figure thats plenty of time) i toss them...
I've got a bottle of Cuttwood Bird Brains with a USE BY 5/17 label on it. Got it from West Coast Vape on 3/17.Still tastes ok. Flavor is a little low. Some reviewers say it doesn't have enough flavor also. So I don't know if it's losing it's flavor because it's old, or because that's the way it's made. I mixed in some Cereal Trip and now it's all good.

VU Sponsors