Vision Spinner Dead?

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dammit Jim! I've only had it a couple weeks, got it on eBay.

Today when I put it on the charger, the charger light just stays green.. But it's not charged. If I leave it on there a couple hours & take it off, I get one hit & the blinking "I'm not charged, you idiot" button.

a6atured.jpg

Stupid lying green light!

gynequzy.jpg

Also, the button doesn't stay lit up whilst on the charger like before.

Charger has a red light for my other batteries, so I'm assuming it's not the charger..

Aren't they supposed to last longer than a couple weeks? What coulda caused this? I use Kanger mini Protank 2 & 3 on it, and Kanger Evod bottom coil clearo tank thingies if that was the wrong thing to do, can someone tell me?

It's my only nice battery, and my very favest. Is it hopeless? Should I pour out a 40oz of e-juice in it's memory? :'(
Guess I'll contact the seller now.

Last edited:

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine last at least a year . A few weeks ......got to be something wrong with it .

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine last at least a year . A few weeks ......got to be something wrong with it .

I'm so wicked bummed. This is just NOT my week. I hope the seller will be cool about it somehow. :/

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awesome seller wrote me and said I can either have a refund or send it back for a replacement. :)
I'll scrounge up some change for postage and mail it out Monday hopefully. Yay!

Any idea why this happened tho? Or is it just a bad luck once in a while kinda thing with batteries?

I'm such a n00000b :/

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Awesome seller wrote me and said I can either have a refund or send it back for a replacement. :)
I'll scrounge up some change for postage and mail it out Monday hopefully. Yay!

Any idea why this happened tho? Or is it just a bad luck once in a while kinda thing with batteries?

I'm such a n00000b :/

Has nothing to do with being a noob.

You just ended up with a bad one and the seller is taking care of it.

This kind of stuff happens all the time.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has nothing to do with being a noob.

You just ended up with a bad one and the seller is taking care of it.

This kind of stuff happens all the time.

See tho? I'm such a n00b I didn't even know that HAHA! Thanks Unc. <3

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes if you screw them in too tight it pushes the pos. Pin of the battery down which can cause it to not make contact. Not sure really the light part, but just throwing it out there.

also LOL

Ok, lemme try lightly screwing it....

.......Why is everyone staring at me now?? LOOK AWAY!!!

Yeah nah, just as I suspected. Lightly screwing never helps anything. :p

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

.......Why is everyone staring at me now?? LOOK AWAY!!!

Yeah nah, just as I suspected. Lightly screwing never helps anything. :p

This post… Is awesome!!!

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok just to be clear. Once the pin is pushed down it stays there. I just mean when you putit on ddon't crank down. Now moving on.. lightly screwing gets things lined up for the more forceful screwing. You don't want a cockeyed screw do ya?
And I'm with gar, awesome post.

ps absolutely NOT looking away:rolleyes:

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes if you screw them in too tight it pushes the pos. Pin of the battery down which can cause it to not make contact. Not sure really the light part, but just throwing it out there.
@[user]Ace[/user] beat me to it before I could reply.
....Yeah nah, just as I suspected. Lightly screwing never helps anything. :p
While I am generally inclined to agree with you, eGo batteries are mostly an exception in this area. Imagine old people sex. Screwing too hard can break stuff there, too. ;) LoL

Last edited:

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha I wasn't meaning to insinuate that I always screw my batteries really hard or anything...
Egads, what has this turned into!?

Yannow, when I met @VaporJoes one of the first things he said to me was how anything vape related can turn into a sexual innuendo.. He weren't lyin'!!

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ewpz double post

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

also LOL

OMG GUESS WHAT?? It was this!!
My new hero @KREAM sent me a PM with detailed simple instructions for prying it back up, and on my first shot I pulled the pin OUT derp*... but I put it back in and tried again, put it on the charger and it's charging now! YAAAAAAAAAY!

*did my pulling it out completely make it unsafe/b0rked forever or anything bad like that?

Last edited:

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dammit Jim! I've only had it a couple weeks, got it on eBay.

Today when I put it on the charger, the charger light just stays green.. But it's not charged. If I leave it on there a couple hours & take it off, I get one hit & the blinking "I'm not charged, you idiot" button.

a6atured.jpg

Stupid lying green light!

gynequzy.jpg

Also, the button doesn't stay lit up whilst on the charger like before.

Charger has a red light for my other batteries, so I'm assuming it's not the charger..

Aren't they supposed to last longer than a couple weeks? What coulda caused this? I use Kanger mini Protank 2 & 3 on it, and Kanger Evod bottom coil clearo tank thingies if that was the wrong thing to do, can someone tell me?

It's my only nice battery, and my very favest. Is it hopeless? Should I pour out a 40oz of e-juice in it's memory? :'(
Guess I'll contact the seller now.
Glad you got it fixed!!! I bought a purple v2 from then I loved it!!!! I was going to give it to my cousin even though I loved it to help her quit smoking then I dropped it on the sidewalk and deformed the top of it. I was going to try the sale at cigabuy's the other day and get a v1 for her and I for the 1 cent deal and even screwed that up!!! Thankfully @pearlzeng started a contest for me.

There are really great people on here!

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My new hero @KREAM sent me a PM with detailed simple instructions for prying it back up, and on my first shot I pulled the pin OUT derp*... but I put it back in and tried again, put it on the charger and it's charging now! YAAAAAAAAAY!

*did my pulling it out completely make it unsafe/b0rked forever or anything bad like that?

And you mocked me..

Doubt any borking occurred by you pulling out:rolleyes:

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And you mocked me..

Doubt any borking occurred.
I wasn't trying to mock you, just had no clue what you meant. :p

Reactions: Ace

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wait wait wait....
Does this mean no more screwing? So disappointed.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From @KREAM:
"....If your center pin has been pushed down, it won't make the necessary connection on your charger, your atty, etc. But you can actually raise it back up. If you have a small flat head screwdriver, or something similar, stick it next to the center pin on your battery and gently pry the pin up on one side. Don't pry too hard though because you can disconnect the wire that is soldered to the pin underneath. If the battery is not truly dead, prying up that center pin just a smidge should work for you.

Good luck."

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I am not thinking about Vaping ,Coffee or money then----------------------Food.. There is a # 5------------Advocacy

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The truth be told I wake up in the morning thinking in this order Vaping -Coffee-Advocacy-Food- Money

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's how I start my day Have a Vape -pour a cup of coffee - think about what I can do for Vapers Rights Advocacy today- eat- go to work

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yissssss! It works! So happy! Shitty week, and finally something went right! This place is awesome! Explanation points!!!!!!111oneeleven

I gotta say too, I didn't realize just how much I loved this thing until I lost it for a bit. I mean, yeah it's pretty, but all day today using my little ego styles I felt something was "missing" when I vaped. All my hits just felt so "off".

Ahhhhh, all good now. I think I better get a couple more as backup.

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for the shout out m3rma1d. :D

Just as a follow up, found an old madvapes video that shows/explains raising the center pin too. Hopefully it will help others.

www.youtube.com/embed/o5EUkdVnWXQ?feature=player_embedded

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bad news, it seems to have taken its final dirt nap last night. :'(
Prying the pin up doesn't work anymore. Putting it on the charger there's just no connection, like.
It lights up when I press the button (off the charger) but then starts blinking 'cos the batts dead.

Just gonna chalk this one up to "shit happens" and thankfully my other 2 are arriving later today. (one pink, one rainbow, best of both worlds!)

From @KREAM:
"....If your center pin has been pushed down, it won't make the necessary connection on your charger, your atty, etc. But you can actually raise it back up. If you have a small flat head screwdriver, or something similar, stick it next to the center pin on your battery and gently pry the pin up on one side. Don't pry too hard though because you can disconnect the wire that is soldered to the pin underneath. If the battery is not truly dead, prying up that center pin just a smidge should work for you.

Good luck."

[/QUOTE thus thread just saved me money & my pen is charging again thank you

VU Sponsors