Become a Patron!

Viva Kita Solo2 Starter Kit review by KingPin!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

I received the Solo 2 Starter Kit directly from Viva Kita. This is available to buy now. I will convey my thoughts and do my very best to provide you with enough information so you can reach your own conclusion on the product, so no recommendations from me, just a final conclusion of my personal experience with it. Please ask questions in the below if I've missed anything you want to know.

5tgvNmI.jpg

Product Overview

· Capacity 4ml
· Diameter: 24.5mm
· Height: 121mm
· Weight: 144g (when full)
· Leak proof top fill tank
· 510 Drip tip
· Output Wattage: 30W (Red), 40W (Blue), 50W (White max)
· Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
· Coils: PW41129A 0.25ohm Kanthal (Threaded)
· Charge type: USB (use only 5V 1A external wall plug; approx. 4 hours.)
· Airflow Slots: 2
· Pass through (vape whilst charging)
· 10 second cut off
· Low Resistance Protection: (0.15ohm cut off)
· Short Circuit Protection
· Low Voltage Protection

Solo 2 All in One Vape Pen product info ($38.90): https://vivakita.com/catalogue/solo-ii_15/

Available Colours;
Rainbow, Stainless Steel, Black, Green, White

What’s included?

· Assembled Solo 2
· USB Charge Cable
· 2 x 0.25 Kanthal coils
· User Manual

lhmuciG.jpg

The box has an outer sleeve, when removed leaves you a plain white box which is decent quality. Upon opening you are presented with the Solo 2, with the bits and pieces underneath. This is very much a no frills affair, would like to have seen a spare glass section as well as a vape band to protect it.

7xz7Dch.jpg

Looks and Initial impressions

The Solo 2 “all in one” vape pen is latest starter kit in Viva Kita’s Solo vape pen line offering advances in battery capacity, power output and tank capacity, with an overhaul in the design which in my opinion leaves it looking uncannily similar to the Smok Vape Pen Plus albeit marginally taller.

The tapered stock drip is decent but will take a standard 510 drip tip should you wish to use your own.

Svoa376.jpg

The tank capacity is really very good at 4ml considering the wattage output on this device. With the tanks low profile its deceiving as to how much juice this can hold. My E-juice lasts plenty of time between refills unlike some of my 2ml TPD friendly capacity tanks.

The pen feels solid and it’s certainly pocket/bag friendly. It has a great finish on the rainbow and machining is good throughout apart from a couple of small burrs left on top ring of threading inside the refill assembly (where the top cap screws into). Unfortunately the threading on the top cap is plastic so over time these threads will wear, causing me problems when screwing it in.

I’m not typically fan of non-adjustable airflow slots. I like being able to dial in my draw as I like a fairly restricted lung hit, so will have to let Viva Kita take the driving seat on this one. Something else to note, since they are non-adjustable you will not be able to get a mouth to lung vape experience.

The LED lights around the side of the fire button cannot be clearly seen in daylight, find myself cupping my hand to see what I’m selecting outside.

The kit does come with a USB lead although just be wary of using wall plug that have a greater output than 5v and 1A as it will damage the battery when charging.

Feel

For me I’d say the Solo 2 is a little on the short side, I guess if you have smaller hands it’s not so much an issue. I find I have to place at least my pinkie underneath the base, and the rest of my fingers either get in the way of the air vents or sit across the USB port. So I keep having to re-adjust my hold position.

G58lJul.jpg

YlJ9KXm.jpg

The fire button has a nice click to it, takes almost no effort to push. I have noticed a very minor delay when firing but it’s not irritating. They have added the delay so users can change the wattage output without cooking the coil unnecessarily.

For its size it has a good weight to it at 144g (when full with liquid), I noticed the same with the Viva Kita Fusion 2 in that they are both solid for their small size.

Functionality

The Solo 2 has the ability to adjust the power output using 3 clicks of the fire button; low 30W (Red), medium 40W (Blue) and high 50W (White max). Other than that it’s 5 Clicks to turn on and off.

The tank uses a metal refill assembly ensuring the glass section is held in place when unscrewing the top cap.

There is a gasket sitting under the fill holes which will stop any juice from running out from the tank when held upside down avoiding both messy refills or juice finding its way inside the down chimney.

The Solo 2 is very slightly taller than the Smok Vape Pen plus sitting at 121mm instead of 118.4mm

I like that there is a guide on the pen itself as to what the fire button LED lights mean since my short term memory isn’t great at the best of times, yeah I’m looking at you Simon Said!

LR93nwU.jpg

Refilling and Cleaning

I found a needle nose or a PET dropper bottle was the best way to refill this, both of which move the gasket and fit through holes absolutely fine. Refilling can be a mission if you try and use the twist nozzle type bottles, in fact forget trying altogether with the gasket in place you will have to take that it out entirely, also due to the refill holes being small it’s going to be messy either way at least it was for me when I tried

aybnP1V.jpg

The gasket works a treat! It completely seals the tank and keeps the area under the top cap free from juice overspill. Should you wish to remove it don’t worry you can there is another gasket under the top cap which seals the tank off as well. They are definitely going for the non-leaking aspect on this tank. Which I have to say, turning it upside down, leaving it on its side, even leaving it a full day without use haven’t noticed any leaking what-so-ever.

3gB3iWE.jpg

Whilst you can disassemble the tank and clean it up no problem, the coil is actually attached to the battery section itself. The only way to access that area is through the small hole the coils screws into, something to bear in mind

A3PfDHN.jpg

How’s the Vape

For a starter kit it’s a decent option. The draw on this is pretty much where I like it so I’m happy with that although I still prefer to dial it in myself. I’ve used the Smok Vape Pen 22 before (but not the plus) and this is better than that for sure.

The coils Viva Kita use are transferable between a number of their product range and I’ve always liked them a lot, they tend to last me a week on average. I find them to be fresh tasting bringing through the sweet, bold notes in my flavours really well.

This is not a stealth vape device as it does create a decent cloud, also because of the inability to adjust airflow will not be suitable to people who like a cigarette style mouth to lung vape.

Things I feel could be improved

· Lack of spare glass and/or vape band
· Lack of airflow adjustment could put people off
· Difficult to clean inside where the coil screws to the Pen itself.
· Provide larger refills holes to accommodate larger refill bottles
· Threading finish could have been a bit better on the refill assembly
· Plastic threading on the top cap will be problematic over time.
· Hard to see the LED lights in Daylight

Things I feel it does well

· Good finish overall
· Simple one button control with basic Wattage adjustment
· Can use your own 510 drip tips
· More than adequate battery life for its wattage output
· Draw is great if you like a fairly restricted lung hit
· Top cap doesn’t get hot
· Satisfying vapour and flavour when coil gets to temp
· Silicone gasket does stop messy refills and leaking
· Charge whilst you vape
· Pocket Friendly

Final Conclusion

The pen market has proved very popular for new vapers looking to get away from the “stinkies”. They are easy to set up and there really isn’t much to learn in terms of using them. So I’m very much taking all of this into consideration with my final conclusion on this. I think it does a good job as a starter kit, it has good amount of pros vs cons going which will suit new entrants well.

Thanks very much for putting up with my ramblings, I hope I covered everything you wanted to know until next time KingPin!

VU Sponsors