Volcano Finally Releases Lavabox M DNA75

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by ChrisL, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the kind words my friend. I'm glad you liked the file. :cheers:

Cheers,
    Steve

skt239 likes this.
  2. HaileStorm

HaileStorm Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hi steve,

Been running the case analyzer for awhile now. Just a few more questions:

1. At the beginning of the test, is it an absolute must to get an accurate reading of the room temp?

And

2. Say i use your settings with the case analyzer set, would it matter say if you live in a colder climate and i apply the same settings and im in a warmer climate?

Just my ocd kicking in but i think i misread the reading on the mod screen (it read 86°f and i put in 88°f).

3. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    1. The more accurate you set the room temperature, the more accurate the test will be. .
    2. That won't matter. The case thermals are just seeing how long it takes the case to heat up and cool down. I ran mine when it was around 70F here.

If it was me, I would load my ecig file and you can then run the test, if you want to. That way you would have all the profiles, mod resistance, custom screens, custom theme, etc.

Cheers,
    Steve

HaileStorm likes this.
  4. HaileStorm

HaileStorm Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    All right, thanks steve! I've already downloaded your profile, will just load it when i get home and start the test over again tomorrow. Another 4hrs of my life im not getting back i guess

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  5. Chris Peltz

Chris Peltz Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    For the Case Analyzer -- am I just supposed to click the "START" button when it comes up and let it run?

6. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    Put in the room temperature and then click on the Start button. You don't need to click on record. I like to have the mod at room temperature when I start the test. I've found it takes 3-4 hours to run it. When it's finished, click on Accept. After that don't forget to click on Upload Settings to Device to save your results to the mod.

PS Have the battery between 1/4 to 1/2 charged before starting the test.

Cheers,
    Steve

7. Chris Peltz

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. I didn't have a thermometer right next to where the mod was running the case analyzer, so I just used the upstairs temp which was at 70. Hoping that doesn't make much of a difference if the temp downstairs was different. I will post an image of the results once done (it is still running, in the cooling stage).

8. BoostAddict

BoostAddict Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    This is where i get my temp from when running the case analyzer:cheers:

Capture1.JPG

9. Chris Peltz

Blog Posts:
    Kind of odd then for the tool to ask for room temperature if it can determine that from the mod itself.

10. BoostAddict

BoostAddict Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I agree 99.5% :p

11. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    Running the test helps the mod to be able to determine what the temperature of the room is. I wouldn't necessarily trust that temp number before I ran the test. I use the actual temp of the room. I make sure the mod hasn't been used for awhile (I like to run mine before the mod has been used that day if possible). I also try to have it in a stable area (not in front of a heat vent, fan, etc)

Cheers,
    Steve

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  12. Nevweezy

Nevweezy VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Volcano has these on sale for 59.99 if anyone is intrested.

CashNVape and Foggz like this.
  13. Johnnytraveler

Johnnytraveler Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

Down to $48 using the coupon winter25 from vaporworld

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

CashNVape likes this.
  14. gobbly

gobbly New Member

Blog Posts:
    At one time or another I've owned every device Volcano has made. Been using them almost exclusively since late 2010. With the exception of the Inferno, I have never had to replace one. I have a lavatube that has gone swimming in at least 10 different rivers (accidents while fishing and rafting), covered several thousand trail miles, and skied uncountable mountains, along with all the other stuff that life has thrown at it. It's been replaced by lavaboxes, but still works like a champ. Their design, materials, and build quality are quite high.

Johnnytraveler likes this.
  15. Bigjack

Bigjack Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    On sale at Volcano for $42.99 and free Ship through tomorrow. Had to pick up a blood red for that price!

ej1024, ChrisL, Eskie and 1 other person like this.
  16. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    That's dirt cheap. The Blood Red is the only DNA75 I own. I prefer the DNA200/250 chips, but couldn't resist the BR LB75. I think you will like it! :cheers:

Cheers,
    Steve

Eskie likes this.
  17. ChrisL

ChrisL VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I could not find it at that price. Is there a coupon code? It's $56.00 free ship at volcanoecigs.com

18. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    I receive E-Mails from them and $56 is the price the E-Mail says it's on sale for as well. That's still a great price imo (I paid more for mine :eek: :teehee:)

upload_2017-2-13_18-22-3.png

Cheers,
    Steve

ccbflo and ChrisL like this.
  19. Bigjack

Blog Posts:
    Try putting it in your cart it should show up at 42.99 it did for me . I got the same Email as Steve

20. Bigjack

Blog Posts:
    Never mind just tried it it was 56 They must of had a glich when i bought it this morning.

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  21. ccbflo

ccbflo Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the heads up guys, order placed!! I've been waiting for a sale:)

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  22. 2c5000

2c5000 Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    i just ordered this device for $51.90 shipped! these are still available out there and from what i understand this is a great deal.

VapeNW - Lava Box mini DNA75

now are the dif color battery doors still available?

ChrisL likes this.
  23. ChrisL

ChrisL VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    volcanoecigs.com enter lavabox in seach bar. Blue, black, white, and red grips still in stock.

2c5000 likes this.
  24. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    whats the material on the grips? i think read it was a rubber texture...? is the grip plastic or aluminum like the mod?

i may get a couple of grips and refinsh them myself.

25. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    The battery door is Aluminum like the mod. The grip on the door feels like some type of plastic/rubber.

Cheers,
    Steve

Edit I was thinking about my Lavabox DNA200's. On the 75, the battery door is just the rubber/plastic grip with a possible second layer of some type in the inside middle where the label is as illustrated in a later post. Sorry for the mix-up/faulty information.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    ChrisL and 2c5000 like this.
  26. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    i was hoping so! thanks

just ordered the red and blue. only $2.99 each. im gonna sand one down to bare aluminum and refinish it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 5:07 PM
    skt239 likes this.
  27. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I did not know it was aluminum underneath, good to know. I love my Lava box 75 but I have had some magnet trouble. They tend to pop out but nothing a little glue won't fix. This happened on all three that I have owned. The first two had board related problems but volcano replaced them, all have / had the magnet problem.

Wingsfan0310 and 2c5000 like this.
  28. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    ive got one of those needle application bottles of super glue. ill run it along the outside of each magnet as soon as i get them.

or... if they can be pryed out maybe a dab of jb weld is in order.

skt239 likes this.
  29. skt239

Blog Posts:
    I'd like to see how that turns out. I do really like the feel of the rubber though.

Wingsfan0310 and 2c5000 like this.
  30. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    well ill have three covers now so ill still have that option. also maybe a new rubber finish could be applied. or powder coated. or cerakoted... lol

skt239 likes this.
  31. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    Well I have to take that back about it being Aluminum. I was thinking about my Lavabox DNA200's. The grip screws onto the Aluminum. On the 75 it seems like the battery door is just the grip. Although it may have some sort of second layer on the inside middle where the writing /label is. Sorry about the mix up :facepalm:. TBH I don't use the 75 much. I mostly use my dual 18650 DNA mods and the Lipos every once in a while.

As for the magnet on the 75, I must be lucky because my Blood Red's magnet is holding up fine. Then again it doesn't get heavy use.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    ChrisL, 2c5000 and skt239 like this.
  32. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
  33. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    This is what I was thinking about when I first answered the question. On the Lavabox DNA200"s (3s Lipo) mods there is a battery door made out of the same Aluminum as the mod. The rubber /plastic grip then screws on the mod. You can see the back piece on the two 1300mah extender kits I have that are still unopened. I just finished getting my stuff unpacked on Monday. Again sorry for the mix up.

IMG_20171206_174021.jpg

2c5000 likes this.
  34. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    no worries partner. honestly the grips were $3 each and i would have gotten them anyway. thanks for the info. im going to refinish one of the grips even if its plastic. i sorta like the idea of slimming the device down a mm or two. seems the grip is the widest point on all three sides it covers. got the red and blue grips. ill probably modify both of them. or just make a mess. either way it should be fun.

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  35. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    so the mod should arrive saturday and the extra grips on monday. more to come on the modifications to the grips.

i guess i need to DL escribe for mac. can you get into escribe and check out the interface before attaching a device? id like to familiarize myself with escribe before my mod arrives. ive got a feeling that ill be creating a bunch of profiles.

where can one fine profiles from other users that are DLable online?

Wingsfan0310 likes this.
  36. skt239

Blog Posts:
    I don't have it in front of me but I'm pretty sure you have to have your mod plugged in. As far as files go, I've been using @Wingsfan0310 on all my DNA's and they work perfectly. If it's ok with Steve, I can send them over to you.

Check the evolv forums for a tutorial.

2c5000 and Wingsfan0310 like this.
  37. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Yes, you can run it and you'll see a 'Edit New Settings' section. Choose the 75 and have at it. Make sure you set Options>User Interface to Manufacturer so you get all the options.

2c5000, Wingsfan0310 and skt239 like this.
  38. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure about the Mac version (My PC is a Windows machine), but on the Windows version you can check out Escribe without a mod hooked up. As a matter of fact you can load an Ecig file and check out all the settings, screens, etc.

I have no problem with you sharing the Ecig file my friend. For that matter, I think I have it posted here. I have no problem sharing with fellow vapers. If it helps someone out, it's all good with me. :cheers:
    Link to my Therion 166, Triade250, VT133, Lavabox M DNA 75, and VF133 ECIG Files

Cheers,
    Steve

PS I have to change the file extension here to .pdf from .ecig because .ecig files aren't supported here. If you can't figure out how to change it back either @skt239 or I can Email it to you with the .ecig file extension. Just PM one of us your Email address.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 1:00 PM
    skt239 and 2c5000 like this.
  39. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    looking like my lavabox mini will arrive today sometime. really looking forward to setting up some custom curves in escribe.

oh and for those offering their profiles via email... ill be in touch!

Wingsfan0310 and ShowerHead like this.
  40. skt239

Blog Posts:
    Check out the post right before yours, it's got everything you'll need.

Edit to add - still happy to email them if you prefer. Just shoots me a pm.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 8:01 PM
    2c5000, Wingsfan0310 and ShowerHead like this.
  41. 2c5000

Blog Posts:
    my lavabox m arrived last night and first impressions are very good. the mod itself is pretty damn nice. i do see why some may say it feels cheap. i believe this is because the battery door/grip is plastic. BUT it does not seem cheap to me. yes the grip being aluminum also would be nice, but this device is solid. does not feel cheap to me at all.

now about the chip... it took me a min to understand navigating the menus. probably because im used to the joyetech menus. took me a min to to understand that you dont turn this chip off like with other devices. you just simply lock it. it turns itself to an off state after so much time of no use. this is ok, but i have a feeling it will activate in my pocket a lot. yes itll be locked, but even coming on in a locked state uses the battery.

so i got it into SS316 mode and i gotta say... i could tell how much nicer of a chip this was over the joyetech stuff the first second i fired it. instant power. not much ramp up at all and this was at 20watts. i have not DL’d escribe yet, but plan on doing so today hopefully. i am quite busy, but will try to work it in. so for now im getting quite a nice vape. you can just feel the quality here and i love it. cant wait to really set up some curves and dial this chip in.

oh questions about adding logos and stuff to the display... how hard is it? lol. what type of file is needed for this? im a graphic designer and want to get creative here.

EDIT: Another question... my lavabox m came with a decent user manual, but i feel like it only explains the minimum in regard to the chip. is there a downloadable manual available from Evolv on their chips? one that explains all functions in detail?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 11:55 AM
  42. Wingsfan0310

Blog Posts:
    EScribe Interactive Training Course
    EScribe User Manual
    DNA 75 Datasheet

The display is 128 x 32 (that's the size you want to make your custom screens).
    The display is in monochrome so you want to make your screens in Black and White. You can cut and paste color screen with varying degrees of success (it will turn dark colors into black and light colors into white). On my Ecig profile I set up 7 different TC profiles, 1 for Power Mode (each with it's own custom screen), custom theme, etc. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Steve

Edit: IIRC You are using a Mac. Here's the thread on the Mac version of Escribe
    Mac EScribe Suite Beta Thread

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 2:24 PM
    ChrisL likes this.