r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These fit and fire good.... 4mm ss316... Ohming at .13 ohms
View attachment 76774View attachment 76775
21e91075f5ed8d4f2e0b9c8567027d24.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Leave it to Manny to take a giant 28mm build deck and stuff it tight!
a946ebb8.gif

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rocco... this cuts some air flow down due to the amount of cotton and bigger coils...
C360_2017-03-13-16-47-39-172.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
To any of you guys who ordered 3FVape HoG V3 clones, when you first got it and opened the battery door, was there a bag of extra parts inside? As I said, none of my last three came with these parts, and they were stuffed INSIDE the HoG V3 JUST LIKE THE AUTHENTICS, which I liked a lot. This one is also MUCH, MUCH better made. It actually FEELS solid, the other three feel.. cheap. No sticky button, the 510 screw is bigger, the contacts look more solid.. all that with the bag of parts made me quite happy.

This newest HoG V3 clone is so good it JUST ALMOST ties with my authentic, customized HoG V2.. but not quite. Nothing will ever beat my customized authentic HoG V2 in terms of parallel series 18650 boxes. I have crowned it king in that area. .32 ohm dual coil build with Sony VTC6's, full charge, nearly 7.4V going to the atomizer. ONLY ONE VOLT lost after sag and drop. THAT is a hard hitting box.. not to mention this thing is made like a tank and made to last.

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Second attempt at the fused clapton. 9 wraps 5mm @ .48ohm. Hits really nice.
This daedalus coil jig is awesome.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1489524018616.jpg
    FB_IMG_1489524018616.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 17

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I tried quads in the 41mm, didn't like it. Unless they're smaller and centered, the airflow isn't efficiently hitting them. Big ass duals seem to work best.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried quads in the 41mm, didn't like it. Unless they're smaller and centered, the airflow isn't efficiently hitting them. Big ass duals seem to work best.
I was trying to cut airflow down..... But it remains the same..... Huge air.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a size comparison .... This way you can get a better idea on "The King Dong"......
C360_2017-03-17-15-04-43-581.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
My best guess is a bunch of lipos in parallel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why even bother with lipos in a box that big?

As a modder, that thing makes me cringe because I think about how long it would take to bridge that many contacts for a lithium ion battery setup, be it series, parallel or parallel series. That thing, if NOT lipo powered, would've taken DAYS to make. After 30 minutes with a soldering iron I start getting shaky and frustrated, I couldn't imagine a project that big.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Why even bother with lipos in a box that big?

As a modder, that thing makes me cringe because I think about how long it would take to bridge that many contacts for a lithium ion battery setup, be it series, parallel or parallel series. That thing, if NOT lipo powered, would've taken DAYS to make. After 30 minutes with a soldering iron I start getting shaky and frustrated, I couldn't imagine a project that big.
Some people enjoy spending hours building. Stuff.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Some people enjoy spending hours building. Stuff.

Burn yourself with a soldering iron three times in a row and see if you still feel like sitting there making shit. LOL

In all seriousness, good on them for making that box. I about threw my station across the room wiring up that 26650 parallel series mod because I accidentally wired the Mosfet backwards because after heat shrinking it I couldn't see the orientation properly. I have a short fuse (big news I'm sure) so that kind of stuff gets me fucking flaming.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Burn yourself with a soldering iron three times in a row and see if you still feel like sitting there making shit. LOL

In all seriousness, good on them for making that box. I about threw my station across the room wiring up that 26650 parallel series mod because I accidentally wired the Mosfet backwards because after heat shrinking it I couldn't see the orientation properly. I have a short fuse (big news I'm sure) so that kind of stuff gets me fucking flaming.
Working with electronics takes patience. Plus with that and being married having kids and pets I have the patience of a saint lol

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Aromamizer Supreme plus deck versus The Voltrove Deck.....C360_2017-03-19-10-16-50-323.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
C360_2017-03-19-14-05-37-574.jpgC360_2017-03-19-13-21-53-924.jpg
(4)Core and (8)wraps 316L 5mm diameter.....And still looks small.....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm running dual 4.2mm framed staples (12 thin pieces sandwiched ribbon, one piece of 22 gauge 316L SS on each side of it and 36 gauge Ni80 spun around them all.) in the Voltrove right now, 8-wraps each, .21. Amazing and flavorful vape, these are the first framed staples I've made in probably a year. Well worth it, only downside is it takes nearly an entire spool of ribbon wire to make huge framed staples.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Just got my last HoG V3 clone in along with my HoG V2 clone (wanted a V2 backup for parts and such) and I must say, this V3 clone is fantastic. Just like the last black one, this came with the parts bag and VC instructions on the inside.. wow. Works great, built great, looks great.

Performance wise, the HoG V2 authentic wins.. aesthetics wise..

This wins:

b8v6hc.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the way to work today.... Took these out the passenger window riding with Inspects as a pilot...
C360_2017-03-23-08-05-52-922.jpg

From the roof of job site...
6a427d37d25b707585c3b6bd7fc6cc63.jpg
89911a3d855201b8c14e82c722e75f18.jpg
abb7054006f48a46e72e652f68b21156.jpg

Done with the job heading home the last shot is of Boulders For Sale........
0473c0742a842178b058943218d83e0e.jpg
711e350d7db55de88233790dfad7747e.jpg
902b8184eb7ca541d47b71aa3c184f98.jpg
087d6a1743c8bed82b7f7e6c0d20a425.jpg

Last edited:

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my last HoG V3 clone in along with my HoG V2 clone (wanted a V2 backup for parts and such) and I must say, this V3 clone is fantastic. Just like the last black one, this came with the parts bag and VC instructions on the inside.. wow. Works great, built great, looks great.

Performance wise, the HoG V2 authentic wins.. aesthetics wise..

This wins:

b8v6hc.jpg
Where did you order it from?

Machine3981

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been looking for a series deck for the 41mm and the 30mm for a few weeks now with no luck. Does anyone have any info on when they will be running more or someone looking to get rid of theirs? Any help would be appreciated.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Where did you order it from?

3FVape.

I've been looking for a series deck for the 41mm and the 30mm for a few weeks now with no luck. Does anyone have any info on when they will be running more or someone looking to get rid of theirs? Any help would be appreciated.

The 41mm doesn't have any extra deck or color options as of yet, but they're coming. The 30mm has all the accessories listed for sale on the Voltrove main website, http://themodfatherinc.com/ .

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 41mm doesn't have any extra deck or color options as of yet, but they're coming. The 30mm has all the accessories listed for sale on the Voltrove main website, modfather.com or whatever it's called. @r055co would know.

They do plan on coming out with different colors, options like Decks and Kit's, etc. It will be a bit, just like when they first came out with the Modfather. I'd keep any eye on the Modfather Inc. Facebook Page and also their main website Modfather Inc.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are haaard to find...... Just keep asking around........ Here it is on the rightC360_2017-03-19-10-16-50-323.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I own three of the 41mm and five of the 30mm's, then two 30mm RDA's.

So definitely not.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
That Boxer DNA is the first retail regulated mod I've seen that could hold a 41mm Voltrove without looking horrible. If only the 510 was just slightly further back.

This is why 4S PWM setups inside 1590N1 boxes are what I love, plenty of room for any atomizer, plenty of power for any build. This is part of why I think PWM is the king of regulation, lots of cool ass custom boxes. The other reason is the fact true PWM pulses the maximum pack voltage at an adjustable rate, meaning you can get the quick ramp up of some ungodly high voltage but the vape of a lower one because it's a pulsed current.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Boxer DNA is the first retail regulated mod I've seen that could hold a 41mm Voltrove without looking horrible. If only the 510 was just slightly further back.

This is why 4S PWM setups inside 1590N1 boxes are what I love, plenty of room for any atomizer, plenty of power for any build. This is part of why I think PWM is the king of regulation, lots of cool ass custom boxes. The other reason is the fact true PWM pulses the maximum pack voltage at an adjustable rate, meaning you can get the quick ramp up of some ungodly high voltage but the vape of a lower one because it's a pulsed current.
I ordered a Mad modder 1850mah 3s 100c Maxamps Lipo...... DNA 250 mini.... I think it will look good on that also.....
s182037687988398551_p20_i2_w640.jpeg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Looks to be a CNC Hammond 1590A style box, but slightly bigger, which if is the case would put it around the same size as a HoG V2, so yeah it would fit.

Like I said, custom shit is always better.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks to be a CNC Hammond 1590A style box, but slightly bigger, which if is the case would put it around the same size as a HoG V2, so yeah it would fit.

Like I said, custom shit is always better.
Alright....

VU Sponsors