Become a Patron!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recommend a 2S/Series PWM mod then, as it would have zero issues doing those power ranges. PWM is great as the duty cycle action means you're getting maximum battery voltage constantly, just at a controlled timer rate. This means you can vape lower overall power builds but keep the faster ramp up time of higher power builds. It's great for huge coils that you don't throw a ton of power at. I think you'd never go back if you got a good PWM r055co.

Big Al makes a few great boards. The IntelliPWM and Ant tiny PWM are my favorites. Both switch at 25Khz so forget hearing any buzz and they have awesome features. Just get one in a big box and go to town, and if you want more power, switch to a bigger battery. Simple. Any battery in the 2S-6S range is compatible with those two boards.
Mine is almost finished.....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Joeharly17

Member For 4 Years
Literally my exact words upon getting my first Voltrove 41mm out and using it.

Do you like the HoG 250? I found I could mount a DNA250 on a HoG V3 clone for much cheaper and have it look identical, but ever since I transcended the physical plain that is everything not-pwm I have not touched a DNA.

I have 2 HOG V3 clones and one authentic HOG V2. I got the HOG DNA250 as gift. It's close to the V3 (with slightly sharper corners). I'm a DNA guy. I love the board, but the buttons feel cheap on it to be honest. It does perform well as any DNA 250 will. I would prefer my triade if it could fit the Voltrove.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How will battery life be on this with the 41mm tank

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You want a Big Al's ipwm on the Voltrove....
DNA 250 is regulated and doesn't give enough constant power to run a big build on the Voltrove.....or any large build.... DNA 250 are still for amateur and beginning vapers. ....

I tried this mod with on a .10 ohm build and even though it was a SS 316L coil it took a solid second to start firing the coil, the mod struggling to give enough power, she is regulated to like 25 to 35 amps, or something in that neighborhood and in the 3rd second power began dropping, and this was at 150 watts, it's just not powerful enough to run big coils..... Which means rapid power loss by trying to power up large coils........

Last edited:

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You want a Big Al's ipwm on the Voltrove....
DNA 250 is regulated and doesn't give enough constant power to run a big build on the Voltrove.....or any large build.... DNA 250 are still for amateur and beginning vapers. ....

Didn't u say u ordered one ?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't u say u ordered one ?

Yeah I got it and sold it already.... I also tried it on the Hammer Of God..... Not enough power..... Why get a Voltrove to put .50 and .35 and .20 ohm coils ? I want the Voltrove to push dual 9 wrap coils ohming at .04 or .06 quick ramp up and continued power from beginning to end..... No sagging

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered a custom aluminum Box, Big Al's ipwm board 10k pot a Varitube V4 and powered by a 2250mah Maxamps Lipo 11.1v and a Mitec 16mm fire button.

Now we are talking about a mod that will fire continuously from the time you push the button all the way until you release the button.... At what voltage you set it at...... We buy and build and learn from our mistakes...... What can I say.......

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered a custom aluminum Box, Big Al's ipwm board 10k pot a Varitube V4 and powered by a 2250mah Maxamps Lipo 11.1v and a Mitec 16mm fire button.

Now we are talking about a mod that will fire continuously from the time you push the button all the way until you release the button.... At what voltage you set it at...... We buy and build and learn from our mistakes...... What can I say.......

Link to his site im thinkin of gettin into some boxes and outta tubes

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I got it and sold it already.... I also tried it on the Hammer Of God..... Not enough power..... Why get a Voltrove to put .50 and .35 and .20 ohm coils ? I want the Voltrove to push dual 9 wrap coils ohming at .04 or .06 quick ramp up and continued power from beginning to end..... No sagging

I was lookin into these boxes thanks for the heads up i have the 30mm not the 41 but eventually i will and want somethi ng that will run all

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was lookin into these boxes thanks for the heads up i have the 30mm not the 41 but eventually i will and want somethi ng that will run all

The mad Modder 1850mah is good for a 30mm Modfather, but also for an everyday vaper that Vapes at 125 watts and below .30 to .25 ohm builds ........

You want to run a big Voltrove and super sub ohm, you need a big powerful mod.....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I make PWM mods, specialize in them actually, though I'm not an authorized vendor on these forums so I don't want to accidentally break any rules by brokering a sale by advertising that, more of a statement in this case opposed to an advertisement. I could walk you through making your own, but also plenty of people make them. They just take.. forever, and cost far too much.

I put the Voltrove on a 3S PWM two months ago and ever since I found the Hammond 1590N1 CNC Alpinetech Enclosure which is perfectly sized for both a big 4S lipo and to seat 40mm shit without hangover, I haven't looked back. The HoG is great but I have to agree with Manny, it lacks enough power. 95% of retail mods lack the power to properly vape the Voltrove. A 41mm tank DEMANDS big ass coils, and big ass coils DEMAND power. If you can't push at least 320W+, the Voltrove isn't being properly used in my opinion. No 40mm+ device is.

With big business, big pharma, big tobacco, the MSM and the FDA absolutely fisting vaping into the dirt, modder boards are unfortunately the only future vaping might have. Boards like the Big Al IntelliPWM and Ant PWM boards are great for this. Takes various types of batteries, in configurations from 2S to 6S. Any power range from low voltage tootle puffing to uber vaping in the thousands of watts. CNC boxes and PWM modding boards just might be our saving grace, and it could be worse as I find PWM vaping to be superior to all other types currently available as you have a virtually unlimited power range for vaping of ANY kind.

The IntelliPWM board also has locking features, on/off, output/input voltage display switching, favorite settings.. virtually everything but temp control which is honestly a shit gimmick. Then the NLPWM by Voltrove, adjusts in .1 increments and has a very DNA feel. Takes up to a 6S circuit. RMS voltage, which vapes like damned near DC.

Nothing China is putting out compares to the IntelliPWM or the NLPWM. Then you have the Ant PWM, which takes up to I believe a 5S and has a maximum power of around 1,100W. It's not much bigger than a 1K potentiometer. Again, China just can't compare. Take one of these amazing boards, put it in a 1590N1 or something similar, and you have the perfect mod for a Voltrove 41mm or pretty much anything else.

With perfect CNC cut and wooden art style boxes (stab wood, etc.), with powder coating and hydro dipping for paint jobs, laser engravings. Parts to fit every custom style and subjective taste. With amazing boards like the IntelliPWM, NLPWM, Ant PWM, Gunstar PWM and Micro PWM V2. Or even a DNA board, or an SX550. With amazing battery choices like lipos and 20700's. Magnetic doors or sliding doors. LED switches, raised switches, flush switches. Choose your colors, pick ANY. For ANY part. Want bezels? Have some fucking bezels. A pot to adjust through any power range to suit you with any battery circuit from 2S to 6S to pick from. With all of this to choose from, why would you pay the same price or MORE for some shit in a plastic case China puts out that can't do half the shit these custom mods can? I honestly don't know, but I do know I've stopped buying retail China mods for good.

Last edited:

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make PWM mods, specialize in them actually, though I'm not an authorized vendor on these forums so I don't want to accidentally break any rules by brokering a sale by advertising that, more of a statement in this case opposed to an advertisement. I could walk you through making your own, but also plenty of people make them. They just take.. forever, and cost far too much.

I put the Voltrove on a 3S PWM two months ago and ever since I found the Hammond 1590N1 CNC Alpinetech Enclosure which is perfectly sized for both a big 4S lipo and to seat 40mm shit without hangover, I haven't looked back. The HoG is great but I have to agree with Manny, it lacks enough power. 95% of retail mods lack the power to properly vape the Voltrove. A 41mm tank DEMANDS big ass coils, and big ass coils DEMAND power. If you can't push at least 320W+, the Voltrove isn't being properly used in my opinion. No 40mm+ device is.

With big business, big pharma, big tobacco, the MSM and the FDA absolutely fisting vaping into the dirt, modder boards are unfortunately the only future vaping might have. Boards like the Big Al IntelliPWM and Ant PWM boards are great for this. Takes various types of batteries, in configurations from 2S to 6S. Any power range from low voltage tootle puffing to uber vaping in the thousands of watts. CNC boxes and PWM modding boards just might be our saving grace, and it could be worse as I find PWM vaping to be superior to all other types currently available as you have a virtually unlimited power range for vaping of ANY kind.

The IntelliPWM board also has locking features, on/off, output/input voltage display switching, favorite settings.. virtually everything but temp control which is honestly a shit gimmick. Then the NLPWM by Voltrove, adjusts in .1 increments and has a very DNA feel. Takes up to a 6S circuit. RMS voltage, which vapes like damned near DC.

Nothing China is putting out compares to the IntelliPWM or the NLPWM. Then you have the Ant PWM, which takes up to I believe a 5S and has a maximum power of around 1,100W. It's not much bigger than a 1K potentiometer. Again, China just can't compare. Take one of these amazing boards, put it in a 1590N1 or something similar, and you have the perfect mod for a Voltrove 41mm or pretty much anything else.

With perfect CNC cut and wooden art style boxes (stab wood, etc.), with powder coating and hydro dipping for paint jobs, laser engravings. Parts to fit every custom style and subjective taste. With amazing boards like the IntelliPWM, NLPWM, Ant PWM, Gunstar PWM and Micro PWM V2. Or even a DNA board, or an SX550. With amazing battery choices like lipos and 20700's. Magnetic doors or sliding doors. LED switches, raised switches, flush switches. Choose your colors, pick ANY. For ANY part. Want bezels? Have some fucking bezels. A pot to adjust through any power range to suit you with any battery circuit from 2S to 6S to pick from. With all of this to choose from, why would you pay the same price or MORE for some shit in a plastic case China puts out that can't do half the shit these custom mods can? I honestly don't know, but I do know I've stopped buying retail China mods for good.
Holy shit half that sounded chinese to me u will recieve a pm from myself soon

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah baby...I tell the cat ..... Look at this big VOLTROVE tank , blow a fat cloud at his face, and look at the face he gives me...........
eb2fc5eb4a02f1b44d40af05e59d549e.jpg

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah baby...I tell the cat ..... Look at this big VOLTROVE tank , blow a fat cloud at his face, and look at the face he gives me...........
eb2fc5eb4a02f1b44d40af05e59d549e.jpg

Ooo so pissed hes about to claw ur ass

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I don't really like the dude who runs Voltrove, I emailed him asking for a replacement part twice now over a two week period and I haven't gotten shit back. No luck calling him either. Makes a great tank, RDA and board, but his customer service skills suck.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really like the dude who runs Voltrove, I emailed him asking for a replacement part twice now over a two week period and I haven't gotten shit back. No luck calling him either. Makes a great tank, RDA and board, but his customer service skills suck.
I know I begged him on my knees last year, on Facebook on The Modfather website and every other method of communication on a possibility of purchasing a broken and out of shape non passing QC Modfather..... anything anything........

And he never replied back......

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I was just asking for a new glass cap for my Modfather 30mm RDA because the one that came with it is a bit wonky. Around the bottom it's almost jagged, not clean. On pictures of other ones this isn't there, so it's a defect. It's his responsibility to fix this issue, and yet he can't even be bothered to speak to me. I'm tempted to reroute all of my business to third party vendors when buying his products from now on, as I like his stuff too much to ever stop using it but I'm really starting to dislike him as a person and I have little desire to support him directly.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's always responded to me on Facebook, give that a try.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
He's always responded to me on Facebook, give that a try.

I did, he's read the message but chosen not to respond. I've made up my mind, I hate this dude. Too bad I love his products too much to stop using them, or I would.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did, he's read the message but chosen not to respond. I've made up my mind, I hate this dude. Too bad I love his products too much to stop using them, or I would.
Wow, that is really out of character for him. I wonder what the hell has happened.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've calmed down, I don't hate him. But I do dislike him for doing this shit, as it really bothers me to know a vendor outright ignored my ass.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recommend a 2S/Series PWM mod then, as it would have zero issues doing those power ranges. PWM is great as the duty cycle action means you're getting maximum battery voltage constantly, just at a controlled timer rate. This means you can vape lower overall power builds but keep the faster ramp up time of higher power builds. It's great for huge coils that you don't throw a ton of power at. I think you'd never go back if you got a good PWM r055co.

Big Al makes a few great boards. The IntelliPWM and Ant tiny PWM are my favorites. Both switch at 25Khz so forget hearing any buzz and they have awesome features. Just get one in a big box and go to town, and if you want more power, switch to a bigger battery. Simple. Any battery in the 2S-6S range is compatible with those two boards.

Exactly the info I've been looking for in one concise post! Thanks!

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad I could help, seriously.

After reading your following post about the range of options available, I may contact you about a nice custom box.
Makes perfect sense to me. I have bought and sold a shit ton of 'factory' mods and I'm going to make a change.

Woodchucker

Member For 4 Years
image.jpg Welp, I jumped on the big tank wagon! I do like it! Wasn't impressed with the broke glass right out of the box but oh well. Or the fact that I had to grind down the screw that holds on the negative post, it was too long and the post would wobble!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 81541 Welp, I jumped on the big tank wagon! I do like it! Wasn't impressed with the broke glass right out of the box but oh well. Or the fact that I had to grind down the screw that holds on the negative post, it was too long and the post would wobble!

Every product (Save the glass cap on the RDA) I've ordered from Voltrove/Modfather, ESPECIALLY their tanks, has shown up immaculate. A broken glass AND a funky post? I'd hit up the dude (if you can get his ass to respond) and bitch up a storm until I got a replacement glass. My (now four of them) Voltrove tanks have all shown up perfect. Every aspect and detail.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every product (Save the glass cap on the RDA) I've ordered from Voltrove/Modfather, ESPECIALLY their tanks, has shown up immaculate. A broken glass AND a funky post? I'd hit up the dude (if you can get his ass to respond) and bitch up a storm until I got a replacement glass. My (now four of them) Voltrove tanks have all shown up perfect. Every aspect and detail.
Just picked this up.... Cheap......
d63606932215a33871918a9607c77344.jpg

Woodchucker

Member For 4 Years
I've thought about doing that but a new glass is cheap and the screw was fixed as soon as I noticed it when I first took it apart, I'll be plenty pissed by the time I get home from dayshift tomorrow... I'll be more than up to sending him a few kind words then to blow off some steam lol. And from the sounds of it he seems like a sob to get to reply!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've thought about doing that but a new glass is cheap and the screw was fixed as soon as I noticed it when I first took it apart, I'll be plenty pissed by the time I get home from dayshift tomorrow... I'll be more than up to sending him a few kind words then to blow off some steam lol. And from the sounds of it he seems like a sob to get to reply!
When the modfather first came to fruition Max would answer questions immediately, now that he knows the products sell like hotcakes he doesn't seem to give a shit. Fuck the customers. To that, I say fuck him, I won't buy anymore attys from him nor recommend them.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the modfather first came to fruition Max would answer questions immediately, now that he knows the products sell like hotcakes he doesn't seem to give a shit. Fuck the customers. To that, I say fuck him, I won't buy anymore attys from him nor recommend them.
Hmm mabey a boycot

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get manny off his nuts thats where he makes all his money jk lmao

There are people in this world crazier than me.... Ha ha.....

Go to " The Modfather Family " on YouTube..... There you see everyone with at least (5) Modfather RTA's..... Fanatic site.........

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
He makes a good tank. You don't have to be a good person to make a good tank, nor do I have to like said person to use it.

I will not, however, show him any kindness or praise when his name or customer service skills are brought up.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He makes a good tank. You don't have to be a good person to make a good tank, nor do I have to like said person to use it.

I will not, however, show him any kindness or praise when his name or customer service skills are brought up.
Don't buy one from him...... Buy one from someone else.....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Literally what I've been doing, I've bought all of my Voltrove tanks off of KidneyPuncher and Ebay so far.

VU Sponsors