Become a Patron!

Voodoo drag with Samsung 25rs

vapape

Member For 1 Year
hey everyone just got a new drag and some 25rs I have checked on steam engine and I'm close but still safe with the limits of a fresh battery and I know my voltage will drop but just double checking to see if someone has run a similar setup. I got one framed staple on the dead rabbit 5 wraps 3mm at 0.14 ohms set at 80 watts

vapape

Member For 1 Year
i know the manual in the voopoo asks for batteries with a discharge rate of greater than or equal to 35 amps. If this mod is in series which I think it is then why would they ask for such a high amperage? The Samsungs are only 20

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe they mean a combined 35A not taking into account series or parallel. I've been using 20A batteries in my Drag since I got it. Lowest build I've had in mine is .08 ohms but Drag won't go into Super mode unless ohms are .1 or more

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe they mean a combined 35A not taking into account series or parallel. I've been using 20A batteries in my Drag since I got it. Lowest build I've had in mine is .08 ohms but Drag won't go into Super mode unless ohms are .1 or more
I'd bet they mean pulse rate of 35, which they shouldn't be saying.

Simply stating 20 amp batteries are needed would be good enough.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Can confirm.. those samsung 25R will take a real shit kicking. Not so much an issue with a regulated mod, but the will handle anything you can throw at them in your regulated mod.

batteries with a discharge rate of greater than or equal to 35 amps
No battery has a CDR of 35A, but the samsung 25R will handle a 35A draw easily enough. Your mod will prevent overheating, and the 25Rs seem to run cooler than other similar batteries (according to Moochs' stress tests)

vapape

Member For 1 Year
They seem to hold up good. They don't get hot and I honestly don't drain them all the way with that build because it's risky. I've been pulling my batteries out at 3.42v and recharging them. Is that harder on them than draining them and pulling more amps than necessary in my drag?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
your coil has nothing to do with battery safety on a VW regulated mod like the drag
Wattage setting/actual voltage of batteries/.9 = amp draw on battery

Bigfoot

Member For 1 Year
Just came across this topic. I too have just bought two of the drags. I found the info to be interesting. I have no name batteries on them. One with a .4 build and one with a .19. I have been torcher testing them. I vaped on like i used to smoke non stop. The addies got so hot i thought coil or the mod was going to give neither have given up. The smok t priv 3 i have killed two of them in less than 3 months that i been vaping. They start to miss fire when they just get warm. I would not recommend them at all. I think i will never buy another smok product again.

VU Sponsors