Become a Patron!

VooPoo Drag Carbon new board?

expat42451

Member For 4 Years
Have several of the Voopoo Drag Carbons. The oldest, close to 2 years old, started giving problems, fire button wouldnt always work. I figured since the electronics arent protected from juice leaks that well, I probably had juice in the switch. So its been apart several time and the board and switch cleaned with denatured alcohol. It gets better for a while then back to the same problem. After reassembly this last time, the display decided to invert itself, the fire button still worked intermittently and it autofired once on its own. I reflashed the firmware, that went fine and the display returned to its normal orientation (I know its possible to change it in the options menu). Now it functions even less reliably than it did before this latest disassembly. Will turn off fine but wont turn on again without connecting a charger to the USB port. This is with fully charged batteries so I figure something in the logic is fried. I dont particularly want to throw it away and was wondering if anyone knows where to get another PCB for it. I would go out and simply buy another mod but where I live in Ecuador everything is pretty much double the price of anywhere else. So repair is an attractive option. I dont have any automotive type contact cleaner, just alcohol. Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

expat42451

Member For 4 Years
For everyone's information I have read that what I am experiencing is probably due to a screwed up fire button switch. I have written VooPoo to see if they will sell the board but am not particularly hopeful on this. We will see. Apparently the Carbon had this on a limited number of the mods, not a very widespread problem. I will post as this develops. Regards.

VU Sponsors