Become a Patron!

VOOPOO Drag Mini 117W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 4400mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Drag Mini 117W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 4400mAh from Voopoo. The VOOPOO Drag Mini 117W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 4400mAh was sent for the purpose of this review by Thea from Voopoo.

http://www.voopoo.com/drag-mini-kit

Introduction

Voopoo best known for the Drag and the Gene chip have periodically relaunched the Drag with different frames and Resin panels in-between releasing other devices. I think most people knew their would be a Drag 2 but it seemed to take a while but like buses it didn't turn up for what seemed ages then 2 came along at the same time, the Drag 2 and the Drag Mini. The Drag Mini is as it's name suggests the smallest of the Drag device's and also gives an in-built battery option, the chip and how the device works is identical to the Drag 2 apart from a lower max wattage. The only other difference is having an in-built battery as allowed it although looking identical to have smaller dimensions, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1 x DRAG Mini
1 x UFORCE T2(5ml)
1 x UFROCE P2(pre-installed)
1 x UFROCE N1
1 x Glass Tube(3.5ml)
7 x Sealing O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x GENE Chip Card
2 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

TPD Edition

1 x DRAG Mini
1 x UFORCE T2(2ml)
1 x UFROCE U2(pre-installed)
1 x UFROCE N1
1 x Glass Tube(2ml)
7 x Sealing O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x GENE Chip Card
2 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Drag Mini Kit came in the usual quite plain cardboard packaging with sleeve that Voopoo products tend to come in. On opening the device is in the top layer of the box and i received the Lava design which the main colour of the resin panel is Orange. The Drag Mini is also available with a Atrovirens, Rhodonite, Prussian-Blue, Coral, Phthalo, Purple or Lime Resin design panel, all versions have a Black Chassis and the Uforce T2 comes with matching Resin drip tip. The Resin panel is fixed, on the opposite side is a panel which is identical to on the Drag 2 but on the Mini is also fixed as the device has an internal battery, this panel has "DRAG" printed on it. The front of the device has a Silver round fire button at the top, towards the bottom lined up vertically we have 2 smaller round Silver navigational buttons, the fire button has a concave to it while the navigational buttons are flat faced. Also on the front of the device we have the OLED screen central and right at the bottom is the micro USB port. The spine of the device is featureless and the bottom has venting and printed safety stamps and branding. The top of the device has a very raised air fed 510 plate which isn't really positioned to one side or centrally, the 510 is Gold plated and spring loaded. The side panels are curved outwards, and compared to the original Drag it's smaller and the edges have been better rounded, it's actually identical to the Drag 2 just slightly smaller being the most ergonomic of the Drag family, it feels very comfortable in the hand. The Drag Mini is very aesthetically pleasing in my opinion and unlike the Drag 2 has no button rattle and no movement on a battery door to worry about. The build quality of the Drag Mini is excellent, this build quality and good ergonomics makes it the best of the Drags when it comes to Aesthetics and Ergonomics.

Uforce T2 Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 28 x 54.5mm
Capacity: 5ml(Standard Edition)/2ml(TPD Edition)
Coil: U2/U4/U6/U8/N1/N2/N3/P2(only for Standard Edition)/D4 Coils Compatible
New Uforce P2 and N1 coils (U2 and N1 TPD Edition)
Convenient sliding type top filling design
Thread: 510 thread

Uforce T2 Overview

In this review i mainly concentrate on the Drag Mini device but here is a quick look at the Uforce T2 sub-ohm Tank which there will be many reviews out there for and i myself have reviewed the original Uforce in the past. The Uforce is a very good sub-ohm tank and not just a kit tank, i received the standard version which has a capacity of 5ml with the installed bulge glass, also included is a straight glass with 3.5ml capacity making it the same as the original. In fact apart from different style texturing top and bottom and a different drip tip as far as i can tell both aesthetically and performance wise it is basically the same tank. All the threading on the Uforce T2 is excellent and the tank can be taken apart and reassembled very easily. It has a tri bottom airflow and has a slide top-fill system, the top just needs pushing where it is clearly marked and it slides open revealing a generous fill slot. The T2 does see the introduction of new coils, pre-installed in the standard edition is the P2 which is a single mesh coil 0.6ohm rated between 24w and 28w so one for the low wattage DL vaper, also included is the N1 which again is a single mesh 0.13ohm which is rated between 50w and 100w with a best at rating of 70w to 80w (This coil i liked when it came included in the Rex Kit, but with other devices as it wasn't really suited to a 80w device). The P2 is not compatible with the TPD version so the ever faithful U2 is pre-installed instead which is a dual coil 0.4ohm with a rating between 40w and 80w and a best at recommendation of 55w to 65w (not a mesh coil but gives mesh like flavour). I did use the Uforce with the Drag Mini as i hadn't tried the P2 coil before and wanted to also see if the N1 is more suited to the Drag Mini than it was the Rex.

Drag Mini Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 81.5 x 48.5 x 25.5mm
Battery: Built-in 4400mAh
Power Range: 5-117W
Resistance range: 0.05-5.0ohm
Temperature Range:200-600℉/100-315℃
Innovative Mode: FIT Mode
Output Current: 0-30A
Output Voltage Range:0-7.5V
Upgraded Function: Yes
Material: Zinc Alloy & Resin
Innovate GENE.FIT chip for safe and power vaping
Intelligent matches of FIT 1/2/3 for tank protection
Eco-friendly and colourful resin plate
Thread: Spring loaded 510
Colours/Designs: Atrovirens, Rhodonite, Lava, Prussian-Blue, Coral, Phthalo, Purple, Lime

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Display

The Display is sharp but not the brightest as the screen has a tinted cover, it's old school only giving the information really needed. To the left of the display positioned vertically we have the 2 battery status bars, next to this is resistance top, underneath is voltage which changes to watts when in temp control and at the bottom seconds vaped. The right hand side of the screen displays wattage or temperature and mode information.

Navigating The Rex

The Drag Mini is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off. Once on navigating the device is a bit strange compared to most devices but partly because the device isn't packed with features once you get use to it navigating is easy, if you have previous Voopoo devices you will be familiar to how it works. 3 clicks of the fire button takes you to where you can choose between SS, TI or NI temp control wires, a further 3 clicks takes you to Fit mode which i will explain in a later section, a further 3 clicks takes you back to wattage. When in wattage mode pressing up and down together brings up some options which are, Wattage (takes you back to standard wattage), M1-5 takes you to the main screen in memory mode, SN (displays serial number) and Vers (gives firmware version). When in temp control pressing the up and down together gives you different options which are, TC (takes you back to the TC main screen), M1-5 (memory mode for TC), lock resistance and enter TCR value. When the memory screen is on pressing fire 4 times takes you to where you can set a custom curve, 4 presses of the fire button in temp control allows you to set wattage for temp control up to 80w. Finally their is a couple of combination button press features, first up and fire together locks and unlocks the device, when the device is locked it will not fire and down and fire together flips the screen.

Fit Mode

Fit Mode is the feature on the device that Voopoo seem to be really pushing to the point that even the updated Gene chip has been named the Gene.Fit. As far as i can tell from playing around with the Fit feature it's a smart feature that reads the resistance of the coil and gives appropriate wattage, nothing new there as this feature is common to many devices. The difference with the fit feature is that you have 3 levels 1, 2 or 3 so you can get 3 different wattage's for the coil, essentially it gives you a soft, medium or hard hit so Fit Mode seems to be a combination between Smart mode (as seen in on many recent devices) with different preheats or maybe even just different wattage's. When using the Fit feature you are on the fit screen where you highlight 1, 2 or 3 and vape, the device doesn't actually give you information about what wattage that is being applied it's all very mysterious which leads me to think it is what i described just soft, medium or hard preheat along with smartly giving appropriate wattage or even giving appropriate wattage and then just giving higher wattage settings on 2 and 3.
Combining smart mode and preheats (if that's actually what has been done, if you know different please spill the beans) actually isn't a bad idea and some people will like Fit mode even if the innovation is combining 2 different already common features together rather than anything actually new.

Protections

Battery reverse protection
Timeout protection 10s
Over-temperature protection
Over-current protection
Overcharge protection
Over discharge protection
Short circuit protection

My Experience Using The Drag Mini

As always i must point out i do not vape in temp control or have access to data so simply review a product as my own vaping experience using it. The device feels really nice in the hand with the fire button easy to find and nice and clicky. The Gene chip does it stuff with the device firing instantly with no noticeable ramp up, still impresses even if their is a lot of good chips around now. The fit mode just isn't for me as i like to know what wattage i'm at and much prefer dialling my own in but i'm sure some will like it, the curves i do like trying on a device and they work well on the Mini. I used the Mini with the supplied Uforce T2 tank to try out the N1 mesh coil to see if it was better suited to the higher wattage than the Rex gives, the mini coped perfectly well and i settled with airflow 2 thirds open at 85w which gave a vape a bit warmer than i personally like but flavour is up there with the best mesh coils. The P2 i actually preferred as low wattage direct lung vaping is my bag, this coil i had the airflow half open and found best at 25w which is really low for a mesh coil. The vape was cooler but not as cool as 25w with a mesh coil sounds and the flavour easily matched the N1. The Mini will accommodate up to a 25mm tank without overhang but the 510 plate is raised and by quite a bit so tanks gap once overhanging the plate, the bigger the tank the more the gap is noticed. The battery life is good, the 4400mAh in-built battery gives similar life to a dual 18650 device and when using the P2 coil at 25W the battery lasted well over a day and i vape a lot. The Drag 2 i looked at not long ago did have a bit of button rattle and movement with the battery door but the mini has no battery door to worry about and no button rattle whatsoever, i might have just been unlucky with the Drag 2 i received. I prefer external batteries but i prefer the mini to the Drag 2 and i would say it's the best device i have used with an in-built battery.

Really like the device Aesthetically
Ergonomic (massive improvement from the original, and smaller size makes it better than the Drag 2)
Good battery capacity but portable
Simple no fuss display
Once use to how it works easy to navigate
Fit Mode (guessing what's happening)
Temp control (not tested)
Curves
Gene.Fit Chip
Performance for me was great
Fires and hits set wattage instantly
Spare glass
Uforce T2 slide top-fill
Uforce T2 N1 coil very good flavour, very warm vape
Uforce T2 P2 coil efficient low wattage mesh coil cooler vape and again very good flavour
Uforce T2 plenty of coil options available
Uforce T2 5ml Capacity (standard edition)
Uforce T2 other glass tubes available up to 8ml capacity
Very good battery life (equivalent to dual 18650 device)
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

Very raised 510 plate (gap between tanks and device)
Display quite dim
Navigation takes a bit of time to get use to
No settings for features like brightness and screen timeout
510 in weird position (not central)

I would once again like to thank Thea for supplying the Drag Mini 117W TC Kit with UFORCE T2 4400mAh for the purpose of this review.

http://www.voopoo.com/drag-mini-kit

VU Sponsors