Become a Patron!

Voopoo DRAG

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I have the Voopoo Drag that does not turn on properly. The silver ones have this problem. When you turn jot off you have to reseat the batteries to get it going again. I know others have had a similar problem. I am not sure if using the update fixes the issue. I gave mine away.

I've never had an issue with my resin drag ... KNOCK ON WOOD ... I have to say it is my got to mod 90% of time, vapes like a champ.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shiznit. I like all kinds of fancy mods with DNA250 and Yihi, Stabwood etc. This Mother stomper vapes at least 10x as good as the DNA250! IMO, of course. Forget about a cost alternative this thing just blows it away for any price. It is not so fancy but seems well built. It is a pita to use but nothing is perfect. Heck, every company hides that the mod is made in China but this is so good it says it in 3 places on the mod itself lol. I will write back when it fails haha. While it is working as of now this thing blows the banana's out of Evolv. The taste and production with any of my tanks,atty's is kirazzy. Oh yeah overhang is sweet too. Like my Johnson overhangs my drawers.

Good thing to hear they are breaking already. What do you want A swizzle stick too?

(yes, I know you can cuss here but I thought it was more amusing if I did not)
Seriously it is very good, the rest obviously a joke.

OH, did you see the new upgrade model. It is called ratscat :)

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The GF has a Voopoo Drag. It was a good mod since Christmas, however, it has developed a serious fault.

It says " off " and wont vape, won't turn off, nothing. Removing the batts sometimes results in it operating again, but then it fucks up.

I've looked online, this is one of many with this issue. I've tried all the obvious stuff, new batts etc, and done a reset in the software, where I learned that it will reset, it will up and download customization stuff to the mod, but it shows an error if I try to reload, or downgrade the firmware. The reset seems to allow it to work for a few hours before it starts its bullshit again.

She has one of mine, to use until I get this one sorted out. :eek:

Has anybody here had this issue, and if so, were you able to fix it, and if so how?

Well named mod after all.

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just picked my Voopoo today (Matte Black) loving it already. Running a Kylin RTA. (Note) I maybe stupid and pay a little more but I always try to buy my mods at my local vape store (J-Vapor). Just in case anything goes south...never had any problems that my local vape store didn't make right.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is typical, but all the paint came off of mine in a month. Including the lasered "drag". The thing also likes to switch metals and switching back is difficult. Since it does not always get how many clicks right. It is not perfect but what I like about it is at only 40W I feel it hits harder than a DNA250 at 150W. That is nice but all that is really going for it. If someone cannot afford a DNA I would say absolutely get this only if you are using TC. In that regard it is better than any other in-house chip. Like Wisemec, Smok etc. It is about 70% of what a DNA is. 30% is still a lot but we are talking about $40 here. If using TC for that price you can't touch it with anything else. Of course overall I still prefer DNA250. I guess what is making this special is it fires so quickly. It heats like instantly. That I like but otherwise it is missing a lot compared to a DNA250. If you are using TC and only have $40 to spend I would say this is really the only choice IMO. It is certainly better than all of it's competitors. The DNA250 is obviously not it's competitor of course. If you do not mind the paint chipping bad and some quirks I recommend it at it's price. Do not pay a vape shop $80 obviously. I do overpay for some things special but certainly not this. They did do very good with the Gene. Closest thing to a DNA but still a sizeable gap. Except for the instant heat. That is unique and what really has me sold on it. I have not used any DNA since I have had it. I am not sure if the novelty will wear off or not. It might be on par with a DNA75. Non "C" of course. I know I give mixed info here but bottom line $40 best spent on a mod right now IMO. If you are talking hundreds, no.

BTW, no "store" I have ever dealt with will take back a damn thing period. Maybe different market who knows. If they offered like 30 days I would gladly overpay for everything there. I do so much business at 3 of them they give me a big discount on everything. I guess here they haggle instead of give a warranty. I have bought a lot of stuff cheaper than online at least. If a mod is DOA you are SOL here though. The VooPoo seems solid sans the paint job. Otherwise Chinese RMA is not even worth bothering with to me. In 20018 I do not care about support local anymore even though I do plenty. I just do not feel obligated.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I had a small miracle happen earlier.

VooPoo changed their website and I downloaded the firmware from the link.

I ran the Voopoo Drag software with the mod hooked up to my computer and I re flashed the board with the original firmware.

My VooPoo Drag now works like a charm after being broken for 6 months!!!

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had mine for 6 months or so. It is my favorite as far as how it works; don't really care for it aesthetically, but it works great. It's the only mod I have that I run in temp mode and I have no complaints. It does have sharp corners and it isn't the most comfortable in the hand. I can live with it though. I haven't done anything with as far as plugging it into my computer is concerned.
20180314_144045.jpg

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
(Note) I maybe stupid and pay a little more but I always try to buy my mods at my local vape store

Not stupid at all. I've only bought one mod online, and it was a nightmare. The vape shop I frequent is fantastic, and at times, their prices are very close, and on a few occasions even better than online, and their service exceptional.

The opportunity to try a mod before buying it, has saved me more $ than buying a product online, that would have disappointed me. I don't mind one bit paying 5 or ten dollars more for something that I know will do what I want.

The one I bought online, didn't ship to me for over a week, because they couldn't be bothered to tell me they undercharged me for shipping. I never did manage to reach their customer service, and only after I managed to contact the mfgr, Hohmtech, and Hohmtech called them did they email me an invoice for the additional shipping, and send me the mod. In the wrong color. A putrid red. I hated the fuck out of the mod, for all the hassle I went through getting it.

I am just finishing its transformation (a year later) into something much better, and much less putrid looking.

Still, from what I've heard, BearHunter's and my experience with B&Ms is not the case everywhere, and for that reason, it's good that the online sellers are there. There are some crap stores here, and if my store is unable to stock something I want, I'd buy online as opposed to rewarding a store with bad ethics, or rapey pricing, with my business. If facing a choice only between 2 evils, I'll chose the one I haven't tried before.

I'm having an annoying and constant problem with the VooPoo Drag. It constantly registers the 3 clicks of the fire button and goes into settings mode. The screen changes to something I'm not really familiar with. Is there anyway to change the 3 button click to something else (say holding the plus button and 3 clicks at the same time)? I'm finding the only way I can get it back to normal is to re-flash the firmware.

VU Sponsors