Become a Patron!

VS DNA30 LiPO battery size

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The time has come for me to replace the battery in my VS DNA30. Anyone know the size or specifics on the battery? I have a hobby store nearby which has tons of LiPO's of all sizes. I'm still kinda pissed that I didn't even get a full year out of it, used it off and on for 10 months.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the size.. you'll need to just open the VS up and measure... not that tough...

As for the specs... any MAH you find that fits the space will do... I do suspect 1300mah is probably close the most you'll find but the originals were 1200mah and the newer ones 1300mah. Specs will be listed as a 1S1P ... that just means a 1 cell battery. For the C rating... probably a 15C will be fine... that gives it 15 times the MAH rating in amperage output.... the higher the C rating, the larger the physical size will be and the less the MAH you can fit in a given space.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh... about longevity issues with lithium based batteries like the LiPo used...

Don't discharge them more than 3.4v and try not to top if off completely either. Both discharging or charging up as high as you can will shorten their potential lifespan. Also... putting a load on them that is close to their maximum will also shorten their potential life.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh... about longevity issues with lithium based batteries like the LiPo used...

Don't discharge them more than 3.4v and try not to top if off completely either. Both discharging or charging up as high as you can will shorten their potential lifespan. Also... putting a load on them that is close to their maximum will also shorten their potential life.
The DNA board usually cuts off at 3.5 volts. I normally run a Kayfun at .75 ohms at 18 watts.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The DNA board usually cuts off at 3.5 volts. I normally run a Kayfun at .75 ohms at 18 watts.

I didn't need an explanation of your useage.. my post was meant only to be information since I've dealt with LiPo's a lot with my RC hobby... it wasn't an accusation.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't need an explanation of your useage.. my post was meant only to be information since I've dealt with LiPo's a lot with my RC hobby... it wasn't an accusation.
Didn't take it as accusation:)

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hobby king has the 1200mah lipo havent found the 1300mah lipo

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hobby king has the 1200mah lipo havent found the 1300mah lipo

HobbyKing carries many brands... some good some crappy... saying they carry some isn't really much info... I quit buying from HK because they are sort of the FT of the hobby world... The Turnigy Nano's used to be good but when down hill after a bit, I'm uncertain if they've addressed their quality issues or not since then.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if they are using a round one instead of the typical flat LiPo battery... I'd look in my VS but I just put a carbon fiber vinyl wrap on it and don't want/need to remove it yet.

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if they are using a round one instead of the typical flat LiPo battery... I'd look in my VS but I just put a carbon fiber vinyl wrap on it and don't want/need to remove it yet.

the 1200mah battery i linked is the exact battery that came with the dna 20 as far as the dna 30 @ 1300mah i havent seen what battery they are using the round 1200mah battery is rated at 15c so it could still work on the 30 but wouldn't last long at 30 watts

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Has anyone contacted VS on the new replacement battery it's dubious as nowhere can I find anyone selling 1300mAh In that package. Mobile phone manufactures are notorious for exaggerating capacity. The Turnigy 1200mAh batteries are good quality with low failure rates let's hope VS isn't using generic low quality lipos that aren't true capacity like those found in clone dna mods.

.75 ohm @ 18Watts is pretty much going to hammer a battery with such low capacity I know the chemistry is different but consider using a 18500 for 10 months at that current load anyone take a guess at the batteries health after that many charge cycles?

Batteries are consumables vapers must realise there life is limited.

VU Sponsors