Become a Patron!

VS rDNA40

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that many are getting their pre-orders...
How do you like it?
Is anyone having issues with the Evolv board, that some are experiencing?
Post your feedback, good or not so good...

I love mine so far, but i am still learning. I have had no problems building coils with the NI200 or nickel wire but getting the coils ohms in the right range is tricky. Like i said before i am still learning. Could you link what other people have had problems with if i can't find it on my own. Thank you in advance for the links and any thing specific you want to know just ask. I will try to answer the best i can.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dre1982 got rid of his mini hana with the DNA 40 chip , said it didn't work well for his style of vape . While it's not a VS it is the same chip he put in it .

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thinks its geared more for kayfun or tank styles. It did work for my RDAs but it was to cool of a vape.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And even with the new version on temp control you get screen glitches but it does return to normal after it goes to sleep. But only happens maybe twice a day

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I am waiting for this one as well, but not really looking forward to it to be honest. The temperature control aspect is a little lost on me because I don't feel like I have a problem with the current temp of my builds. I feel like temperature control makes more sense at super high wattages, over 50W. So I feel like I will be a little lost when it comes to adjusting the temps .. but I will give it whirl, perhaps I will be presently surprised.?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am waiting for this one as well, but not really looking forward to it to be honest. The temperature control aspect is a little lost on me because I don't feel like I have a problem with the current temp of my builds. I feel like temperature control makes more sense at super high wattages, over 50W. So I feel like I will be a little lost when it comes to adjusting the temps .. but I will give it whirl, perhaps I will be presently surprised.?
At 40 watts on my veritas even with the temp set at 510 it hits temp control almost instantly and I get no vapor so a 50+ temp would be useless in can only get it to vape good up to 30 watts. Hence why I'm selling my mini dna40.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now that many are getting their pre-orders...
How do you like it?
Is anyone having issues with the Evolv board, that some are experiencing?
Post your feedback, good or not so good...
If your not a high wattage sub ohm .7-.2 ohm build person and only use kayfun or tanks then I think the dna40 is for you IMO but if you like a warm vape temp control won't give it to you.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All dna40 do this but once it goes off it come back normal even my friends rdna
3613ea60cbc05e2dcb3fe499754912b8.jpg

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not all.
That is a defective board.
Should be returned, and are being replaced...

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not all.
That is a defective board.
Should be returned, and are being replaced...
This is a replacement board from Evolv its a week old
They told me its a bug they have yet to find out how to fix

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
All dna40 do this but once it goes off it come back normal even my friends rdna
3613ea60cbc05e2dcb3fe499754912b8.jpg
I have heard a few people report scrambled mumbo, jumbo popping up on their displays .. perhaps Evolv needed to spend a little more time developing this temperature control concept?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have heard a few people report scrambled mumbo, jumbo popping up on their displays .. perhaps Evolv needed to spend a little more time developing this temperature control concept?
I agree it only happens in temp mode. And this goes out to everyone this is the newest batch they replaced my first one which froze. But.. It still does this crap

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a replacement board from Evolv its a week old
They told me its a bug they have yet to find out how to fix
what? are you serious? glad i didnt send my vaporshark back yet for this, going to talk to evolv now

mine only does it when i leave it in my cold car, not warm car

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what? are you serious? glad i didnt send my vaporshark back yet for this, going to talk to evolv now
Yup they assured me I'd have no problems and i got the latest and greatest. And they fixed the frozen screen but it still does as pictured then they said as stated above. I'd wait till its 100% fixed or get a refund.

mjt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The more i read about the dna 40 the more i realize i dont need the one that is in route. Inlove a warm vape

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The more i read about the dna 40 the more i realize i dont need the one that is in route. Inlove a warm vape
you can still get a warm vape but not in temperature control

mjt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can still get a warm vape but not in temperature control
Ya usually vape @100watts except with a kafun which i rarely use. Guess i will test it out and then sell it

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ya usually vape @100watts except with a kafun which i rarely use. Guess i will test it out and then sell it
I use my Sigelei 100 at the min 45 watts to 100 I just got sucked into the no dry hits but that also means a cool vape to mildly warm if set up to 580° but then temp is useless it burns the cotton.

mjt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use my Sigelei 100 at the min 45 watts to 100 I just got sucked into the no dry hits but that also means a cool vape to mildly warm if set up to 580° but then temp is useless it burns the cotton.
I agree well i got suckered in too

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But the bright side is I got it done for only a $100 by making my own into a Hana mini clone. I was so close to buying a vapor shark. If I wasn't a RDA vaper who likes a warm vape and only used kayfuns I'd be happy I think. But my orchid won't even run right until 40 watts for me on this chip.

mjt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But the bright side is I got it done for only a $100 by making my own into a Hana mini clone. I was so close to buying a vapor shark. If I wasn't a RDA vaper who likes a warm vape and only used kayfuns I'd be happy I think. But my orchid won't even run right until 40 watts for me on this chip.
Well i bought a serenity mod so i am on for a couple hundred. I shouldnt have any problems selling it though.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Welp I received mind today .. took it out of the box, made a face and stuck it back in :p It is really small, and narrow, so I don't love that aspect of it. And its a little boring looking. But its for review and not really my personal pleasure. Haven't turned it on yet, but I will probably get around to using it on Monday and will probably post some pics too. :)

scartn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welp I received mind today .. took it out of the box, made a face and stuck it back in :p It is really small, and narrow, so I don't love that aspect of it. And its a little boring looking. But its for review and not really my personal pleasure. Haven't turned it on yet, but I will probably get around to using it on Monday and will probably post some pics too. :)

Thought I was in a adult toy forum there for a second. :oops:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any dna40 user also believe kanthal is a better vape in RDA's? In tanks temp works in my RDA's not so much.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any dna40 user also believe kanthal is a better vape in RDA's? In tanks temp works in my RDA's not so much.
i think kanthal just tastes better in general, one misfire/hot leg on the nickel and its a strong taste. im not a fan at all of how they did the temp control with nickel, i am a fan of the idea though. i think the dna40 is just the "rollout" of the idea if you ask me, we will probably end up at temp controlled kanthal at some point

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally got a good build in my veritas. A full contact coil didn't work well but I spread it so there all barley apart and its on par with kanthal. Just cooler vapor.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally got a good build in my veritas. A full contact coil didn't work well but I spread it so there all barley apart and its on par with kanthal. Just cooler vapor.
i actually get a very warm vape in my kayfun, i kinda feel like its made for tanks. and i use contact coils with no problem

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
something else ive noticed about building with nickel. you dont ever want the wire getting red hot, no pulsing, no torching. i found that it changes the wire into a fragile rust colored type of thing and affects the taste so i avoid that

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't that sad . Mine is in the mail and I am not excited at all . Why is Evolv letting this chip out with not all the bugs fixed to begin with?

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
damn guys I'm really contemplating about ordering the vs rdna40 for #cybermonday because u can get 20%off should i pull the trigger or wait it out??

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Isn't that sad . Mine is in the mail and I am not excited at all . Why is Evolv letting this chip out with not all the bugs fixed to begin with?

Oh you too ... Tonight I took it out of the box and opened up the battery door, and then I put it back again. I just can't seem to excited about this device. What is wrong with us? :p

I was over on ECF checking out some threads over there and it seems that these board issues are pretty widespread, its not one or two pcs, its a lot of them. Come to tomorrow I will start using it, and I really hope that mine is ok. As for the temperature control, I will only use that for the sake of understanding how it works, and how the vape is affected.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
damn guys I'm really contemplating about ordering the vs rdna40 for #cybermonday because u can get 20%off should i pull the trigger or wait it out??

From the sum total feedback, it seems risky. Its not like there aren't those who received one without issue, its just that there are so many people who did get a bad board. But, the good news is that VS and Evolv seem to be cooperating with everyone who has a problem. So thats something :)

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the sum total feedback, it seems risky. Its not like there aren't those who received one without issue, its just that there are so many people who did get a bad board. But, the good news is that VS and Evolv seem to be cooperating with everyone who has a problem. So thats something :)

Yea I hear their customer service is good just I don't want to receive it to then have to send it back but hey as long as it has warranty! !

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I hear their customer service is good just I don't want to receive it to then have to send it back but hey as long as it has warranty! !

Ehh, i was on the fence thinking the same myself...but ultimately came to the conclusion that the annoyance factor in the risk just isn't worth it. Especially given that by the time i would get a faulty one back, these days new/updraded/vX/ect "must have" toy of the month will already be coming out ;)

Like Nikkita6 pointed out, there's just way too many recent complaints (some on top of their initial order) out there atm to have any real confidence rushing in just to save a couple of bucks, imo. Although i guess that isn't enough to stop people from breaking their site the moment that 20% off deal went live lol.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to clarify Vapor Sharks customer service leaves a whole lot to be desired. You should go to their facebook page, they always have different complaints of how vapor shark doesnt help people.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh you too ... Tonight I took it out of the box and opened up the battery door, and then I put it back again. I just can't seem to excited about this device. What is wrong with us? :p

I was over on ECF checking out some threads over there and it seems that these board issues are pretty widespread, its not one or two pcs, its a lot of them. Come to tomorrow I will start using it, and I really hope that mine is ok. As for the temperature control, I will only use that for the sake of understanding how it works, and how the vape is affected.
Lol I am with ya. I am thinking of getting the SX Mini and that excites me, my zero coming excites me only at 30 watts, I ordered the Smok XPro even that has me curious . Oh well we will see.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Lol I am with ya. I am thinking of getting the SX Mini and that excites me, my zero coming excites me only at 30 watts, I ordered the Smok XPro even that has me curious . Oh well we will see.

Oh so Smok finally completed the production on the Xpro eh? FC actually ordered that two months ago, but then cancelled after 25 days because Smok still couldn't deliver. Sucks because I was so curious about that one myself.

Vaping the VS rDNA right now but not with the temperature control ... it's aight :p

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh so Smok finally completed the production on the Xpro eh? FC actually ordered that two months ago, but then cancelled after 25 days because Smok still couldn't deliver. Sucks because I was so curious about that one myself.

Vaping the VS rDNA right now but not with the temperature control ... it's aight :p
Oh great that sounds like enthusiasm o_O Yes they sent out the silver and black Xpro's . I had ordered a red one but they said they would be at least another month so I took a silver one.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Oh great that sounds like enthusiasm o_O Yes they sent out the silver and black Xpro's . I had ordered a red one but they said they would be at least another month so I took a silver one.

What is going on with Smok? They have been running "at least another month" since October o_O Definitely share your thoughts about it when you receive it because I really did want this one.

In the meantime, I will try to curb my enthusiasm over the VS.:p

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I was thinking about getting one until my Buddy Blake had his crap out the same day he got it in the mail, scrambled screen and the VS wouldn't fire anything.
Oh well, by the time Evolv has this sorted out the Kilowatt mod from China with temperature control will be on the scene.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeaa I've decided I'm just gunna wait it out i guess!!

With the side noted "May take up to 15 business days to ship" once you went to the buy it screen (guessing that's a clever way to do pre-orders atm without labeling it as such?), you'd likely have been waiting it out either way.

Made it a point to play around with my buddy's VS with some nickel wire today, since he only ever uses it with a regular kanthal build on his Kayfun (never going above 14 watts). Ran out of time trying to get my coil right, but plan on giving it another crack tomorrow to give the temp control stuff a whirl.

Bow2King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well i know i said i wasn't going to but... i did couldn't resist fingers crossed when i get mine no glitches!!

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not impressed with my VS rDNA evolv40 (fucking mouth full) at all. I just received a SX330 Version 3 VR 100Watt Sigelei. No screws, just magnets with a steam blowing demon logo; supposedly limited to a 500 run of each colour. I love the YiHi Chipsets, but Evolv is a great company, and I believe their latest chip will eventually work great. I think the DNA40 was released too early in its development due to market pressure. I would take an Evolv30DNA over any Cloupor chip, but Evolv has a great competitor in YiHi, which I think is marvelous; it will only result in better products.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ni200 builds drain the battery much faster then kanthal. I'm disappointed in this I thought it supposed to increase battery life. Yesterday I ran ni200 at .12 ohm @ 22watts counted 137 pulls. Today I ran kanthal at 2ohm @ 22 got 379 :(
I understand its pulling higher amp load with nickel but I thought the throttling back supposed to help is what I got from reviewers.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fyi I used one of those class clicky counter things about 4 sec pulls

VU Sponsors