Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well i know i said i wasn't going to but... i did couldn't resist fingers crossed when i get mine no glitches!!

Welp .. finally got a Nickel build going and have been vaping it with temp limitation feature, and its not too bad. What is interesting is that this device is useless below 400F, 200-300 up to 40W is like "where's the vape". Even more interesting is that at lower temps, and lower watts I can still really get good flavor while at the same time getting virtually no vapor or throat hit at all ... weird and interesting.

I could produce more vapor by standing outside and breathing with my mouth open, seriously. I have no glitches thus far, and I am getting the best vape at 450F/22W/.10ohm Nickel wire build. Dre was right in that the vape is much cooler, although it does get warmer around the 450F mark. But at 400F and say 20W, you can't even feel the vape even as there is plenty of vapor being produced. Its just so cool that you can barely feel that is happening, I can only see the vapor on the exhale.

I don't care for any of the buttons, they are hollow, firm and clicky all at the same time .. gives me that "toy" feeling that I don't like. But its working, nickel is weird to work because its so thin and soft ... looses its shape easy even if you torch it, but also goes back into to shape easily. All in all ... its interesting and for sure "different".

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ni200 builds drain the battery much faster then kanthal. I'm disappointed in this I thought it supposed to increase battery life. Yesterday I ran ni200 at .12 ohm @ 22watts counted 137 pulls. Today I ran kanthal at 2ohm @ 22 got 379 :(
I understand its pulling higher amp load with nickel but I thought the throttling back supposed to help is what I got from reviewers.
.2 ohms or 2 ohms?

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just to clarify Vapor Sharks customer service leaves a whole lot to be desired. You should go to their facebook page, they always have different complaints of how vapor shark doesnt help people.
Word on the street, and from my own experience, and believe me, I bugged the fuck outta them, is VS' Customer Service set an industry standard for helpfulness and downright friendly peeps. I am curious if they have outsourced their CS dept., considering the phenomenal growth the company has received in the past year?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
.2 ohms or 2 ohms?
.2 but I did tried 2.00 and its close to same run time on kanthal. Remember these are not mechs the battery doesn't see what's in the rba. The chip puts the same amp load at .2 and at 2.0 to get the 20 at the Atty
(I don't want a ohms law argument its so few months ago were all past that) let's just say the magical elves at Evolv sprinkle magical regulated dust to make the boards work.
Maybe Its the boost killing battery life?

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the 1600 mah 15 c lipo the mini cana 30 comes with so that could be it too. And this chip has the screen glitch and is going back to evolve for the 3rd time. Hopefully final time.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Evolv problems abound, but only from what I read. I have built around 25-30 mods using both the DNA20 & 30. Not one of these boxes have come back to me with a chip problem. I am about to make a 20 ct. DNA30 chip order from Evolv, hope nothing at the factory is amiss. I love YiHi, but I cannot help myself, I want to support a company that produces quality chipsets from my Vaterland. As I stated earlier, I believe Evolv released the DNA40 too soon due to market pressure and the need to remain highly relevant in a market that evolves so quickly that Moore's Law is apropos. I have a great amount of confidence in this company and love them more everyday (partnering with Innokin, brilliant fucking move!) I am very confident Evolvs' DNA40 will soon be stable & staple.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evolv is great there exchanging my 3 board for free I only pay for shipping which I find fare since they pay to send it back. Its a good board for what it is I was so excited about temp control. The cooler vape is growing on me just the battery life is shite.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evolv is great there exchanging my 3 board for free I only pay for shipping which I find fare since they pay to send it back. Its a good board for what it is I was so excited about temp control. The cooler vape is growing on me just the battery life is shite.
Just get a cheap CANA clone uses an 18650, or better yet a T6 that's dead and put the board in.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ni200 builds drain the battery much faster then kanthal. I'm disappointed in this I thought it supposed to increase battery life. Yesterday I ran ni200 at .12 ohm @ 22watts counted 137 pulls. Today I ran kanthal at 2ohm @ 22 got 379 :(
I understand its pulling higher amp load with nickel but I thought the throttling back supposed to help is what I got from reviewers.

It doesn't matter which wire you use... it's the ohms and wattage that will determine how fast the battery drains. The lower the ohms are at a certain wattage... the higher the amperage being used and the faster your battery drains. If you wrapped your kanthal coil at the same resistance... the battery would last about the same amount of time.

0.12Ω at 22w = 13.54 amps of current ( and 1.625v )
0.2Ω at 22w = 10.488 amps of current ( and 2.098v )

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.2 but I did tried 2.00 and its close to same run time on kanthal. Remember these are not mechs the battery doesn't see what's in the rba. The chip puts the same amp load at .2 and at 2.0 to get the 20 at the Atty
(I don't want a ohms law argument its so few months ago were all past that) let's just say the magical elves at Evolv sprinkle magical regulated dust to make the boards work.
Maybe Its the boost killing battery life?

My first post about this... was for 0.2Ω ..... 2Ω would increase battery life a lot...

2.0Ω at 22w = 3.317 amps of current ( 6.633v )

These numbers are without taking what the temp control into account since it can't be used on the kanthal...

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this is why I held off on getting the rDNA right away.. with that new temp technology - I expected problems.. and with my luck - I will get one that shits the bed and will have to send it back.. I'll wait until the v2 comes out lol

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ive noticed how much better this chip fires 24g kanthal around 0.5 ohms than my old cloupor. and with step down i can enjoy it much more than just either dumping battery into it or having a hot vape. i think it fires so much better because its made to fire resistances in the .1 range for temp control, but taking that efficiency to kanthal is definitely noticeable for me at least

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ive noticed how much better this chip fires 24g kanthal around 0.5 ohms than my old cloupor. and with step down i can enjoy it much more than just either dumping battery into it or having a hot vape. i think it fires so much better because its made to fire resistances in the .1 range for temp control, but taking that efficiency to kanthal is definitely noticeable for me at least
Ditto, for sure......

VU Sponsors