Become a Patron!

Vsticking VK530

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some overlap with mine, but I was mostly on the client end.

Did some domain admin stuff as well as some Novell, Cisco and Domino Server along the way though. I know just enough Linux to get it to do what I want.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't even know I wanted the VSticking VK530 until that contest-
I don't even think I remember now where I first heard of it. Maybe a review. At the time, Vapordna was the only outfit in the states that carried it.

I love supporting upstart new companies, with computer stuff too, and being that it had a newly released YIHI processor and board, I took a chance.

As everybody saw at the beginning of this topic, I wasn't sure how well it paid off at first.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you already download the file? My server is down at the moment and will be for a few hours. (Long story and first time in a year)

If not, I can get it to you another way.

You won't need luck thogh LOL! It'll go fine :)
Can you get me the file another way? or is it ok to download now?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
65AA06E9-9B44-45AC-A239-6BA2BB12595B.jpeg Omg it took forever but finally got the new firmware updated. @SnapDragon NY i also chose to replace wallpaper #5 but it replaced wallpaper #10 like yours. I asked @gsmit1 if he knows why.

Also the software only displays wallpapers #1-5 even though there’s 10 wallpapers.

Here’s a pic of my beloved Bebe

Tomorrow’s a new day we’ll try again tomorrow.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem is with our old PC the usb wouldn’t read the mod. We ran out to Walmart & got a $169 laptop. Will report back later.
I have an older low end Toshiba laptop that will NOT see cell phones over USB if I gave it a million dollars. I haven't tried, but I bet it wouldn't see this mod either.

View attachment 124900 Omg it took forever but finally got the new firmware updated. @SnapDragon NY i also chose to replace wallpaper #5 but it replaced wallpaper #10 like yours. I asked @gsmit1 if he knows why.
SO glad you finally got it done. I just now got home from getting my server back online too. (VERY long story, that took all day through no fault of my own.)
It's am embedded operating system. My guess is that for some reason it was easier for the developers to make that piece of the rom not writable. In other words, I'm not sure.

Also the software only displays wallpapers #1-5 even though there’s 10 wallpapers.
It only displays the ones that are writable. There wouldn't b ea purpose in showing the ones that can't be overwritten in the PC interface.

Here’s a pic of my beloved Bebe.
Very nice :) It doesn't effect performance, but it's cool being able to personalize your device like that.

It only displays the ones that are writable. There wouldn't b ea purpose in showing the ones that can't be overwritten in the PC interface.

Here’s a pic of my beloved Bebe.
Very nice :) It doesn't effect performance, but it's cool being able to personalize your device like that.

View attachment 124911 I want a pic of my cat Toby who also went to heaven. That’ll be tomorrow. For whatever reason the laptop wasn’t recognizing the mod, kept saying the usb was no good. Kept trying this & that & it finally connected.
Of course that's easy enough to do, but I would crop it first because it will look alot closer if you do.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So all the hype about Yihi boards is it’s capability to do TC well?
In my own opinion The Yihi chips fire Immediately and when using power plus modes ... Ha ha..... Fire ..... A Yihi chip rated at 75 watts has the possibility to fire at 100 watts when used in power+

In temp mode very accurate..... The large variety of expensive mods use Yihi Chips.......... Specially ...
The Yihi SX 350J V2

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought it for the TC reputation of YIHI. Which is why I was bummed at first when I thought this mod might not to do TC any better than others costing less.

by the way, it's quite interesting reading a couple guys with instruments and knowledge pounding each other over whether the DNA processors or the YIHI processors are more accurate in TC and why.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I bought this Yihi because my Sirius went on the blink :cry:. I really like that mod *sniff*sniff*, enough to buy another but haven't.

So, I needed another 200+w mod (to make it a grand total of 2 regulated:teehee:, but hey, pretty sure I belong in tootle puffer category), and had been looking around for a month and saw VK530 but didn't think it was for me(prints), until I they released black and I gave it more consideration - that's when I noticed the curved silhouette which I like so that was an added +.
I like it for it's supposed build materials & quality, shape, size, aesthetics, middle 510, size of 510 plate, and 1 of the few best chip brands on the market. And the $50 price tag didn't hurt. I'm thinking I'll wish the fire button was a little bigger and maybe a shape other than perfect circle.

As far as TC goes for me, I don't see how it can get better than a push of a button. imo 250C would sell so many more if it had more design options. Lost Vape is an example. 250C came out and they just stuck it in their current models from almost 2 years ago.
If something like VK530 had DNA250C I would buy it.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So all the hype about Yihi boards is it’s capability to do TC well?
There is still plenty to do if it interests you though. Power mode folks would like the easily setup curves in SXI-Q for instance I think. You can also get all your settings where you want and export them to a file that stores them so you can restore those settings at a later time or on another mode with the same chip with a click of a mouse. For another instance.

If ALL THOSE settings don't interest you, which there's nothing wrong with of course, then you can enjoy the reliable accurate vape of a good chip in VWM.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I think they made a major marketing blunder by not also offering plainer finishes right from the start.

For two reasons mainly.

It would have given them a wider potential appeal and once released, sales would help them see what sells best for the future.

Only offering elaborate prints I bet cost them a fair number of second looks.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Good Morning gsmit1
Yes only two colors on stock there- White Deity and Silver Skull!
I love the bright colors of Silver Skull- but hate the cigarette smoking skull on the back! Plus all the skulls and skeletons
I agree with you about the solid colors- I think this mod would have been more popular if they released some solid colors as well as the prints!
I would have still bought the White Deity- just love this print!

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning gsmit1
Yes only two colors on stock there- White Deity and Silver Skull!
I love the bright colors of Silver Skull- but hate the cigarette smoking skull on the back! Plus all the skulls and skeletons
I agree with you about the solid colors- I think this mod would have been more popular if they released some solid colors as well as the prints!
I would have still bought the White Deity- just love this print!
Me too!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't actually check the individual availability and I'm not in the market for another one, but saw that great price and thought I'd throw it over here.

Good morning to you guys too :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I know it's not your thing and I know you know more than I do, but I really would update that firmware.
I never claim to know more than anyone else. I'll familiarize myself with navigation then update it, thanks :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never claim to know more than anyone else. I'll familiarize myself with navigation then update it, thanks :)
I just hate to come off the wrong way and not that you ever gave me that impression, but you clearly do know more than I do about vaping in general for sure.

VU Sponsors