VT Inbox or Therion BF?

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by DonBaldy, Nov 14, 2017.

1. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    So I'm really enjoying squonk mods and the Goddess of the Checkbook is getting my a new mod and RDA for Christmas. The RDA will be the Pulse 24 and I'm going the sneak the CSMNT BF kit in there also. Can't decide between the two mods. Like them both. Have a couple of mech or mechish squonkers so I'd like to stick with a regulated. Opinions?

Heartsdelight likes this.
  2. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't have the Therion but would love to. I've not heard anything bad about it yet. I have the inbox and I have no complaints out of it. It's a little cheaper price wise but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight and DonBaldy like this.
  3. SteelDriver

SteelDriver Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    VT imo battery in out way easier. I had a original therion and it had sticky fire button issues SOMETIMES most of the time it didn't but you never knew. Bottles sucked on it also but I think they changed it. Never had a problem with my vt.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Wtmke1, Heartsdelight and DonBaldy like this.
  4. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    E085C4B3-8764-42D1-9917-ADDA7476E2B7.jpeg Here’s a pic of mine from FT I picked the “yellow” God of Fire. I got the Buddha panels separately.

I love mine so far.

SirRichardRear and DonBaldy like this.
  5. kingshockey

kingshockey New Member

Blog Posts:
    i have both of em like em both only con i have with the drone is its a bit chunky an heavy in the pocket to carry around out an about but its dual 18650 so you get an easy all day use outta it depending on your build etc and watts you vape at the inbox i can get a full day of use from it to just bring a unicorn bottle to drip with after sqounk bottle is empty and a spare battery and your good to go helps if you can talk your lady to help carry the spare juice bottle and battery haha i say get em both maybe the goddess of the checkbook can be talked into it with a good back rub after a home cooked meal

6. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Silver Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    The biggest difference (for me) is the placement of the squonk bottle. It's much more ergonomic on the Therion. I hate side squeeze bottles.

7. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Yeah there is no way she'll let me get both. Besides it is Christmas and there's others to think of. The drone is really cool but much larger than I like which I'm leaning more towards the Therion or Inbox. I don't mind carrying extra batteries.

8. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Have one of each and bottle placement isn't a factor. Both work well for me.

9. kingshockey

kingshockey New Member

Blog Posts:
    yea thats true well theres always your birthday best of luck in whichever one you pick both good mods i think

Letitia9, Heartsdelight and DonBaldy like this.
  10. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    If my long-ago FT ordered DNA75C would ever get here I'd have an informed opinion, lol

The only thing I do not like about the VT75 is the bottle - it is not very soft and wish it was placed on the front

Can't fault it's performance one bit though

Letitia9, Heartsdelight and DonBaldy like this.
  11. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Christmas present from my wife is ordered. VT Inbox for the win along with extra bottles, extra set of covers, and some extra bottles for the pico squeeze. Decided on the inbox because I already have a normal Therion 75c and the inbox is a little different. Now I hope FT can get it to my by Christmas.

Thanks for all of the input.

12. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Merry Christmas to you!
    :stars2::stars2::stars2:

Letitia9 and DonBaldy like this.
  13. benley73

benley73 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There is clear softer bottles ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

14. jerryprague

jerryprague VU Donator New Member

Blog Posts:
    Didja get it? How do you like it Lucy? I've got the Vandy Vape BF and it's pretty good, thinking of upgrading to the Therion BF, what are your good thoughts on this? Thanks! :)

15. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    I did receive the VT and Have to admit to playing with it before it gets wrapped and put under the tree. So far there's two things I'm not crazy about.

The first is the way the bottle goes in. I can't seem to get it pushed far enough up on the squonk tube. I have to do a lot of fiddling to get it on enough that the bottom of the bottle doesn't stick out preventing the door from being put on. I'm sure with time and more experience this will rectify itself.

Second is the squonk hole. I don't have large hands and my thumb keeps getting stuck and pulling the door off when I squonk.

Oh yeah an third thing. The magnets blow. Way too small. I'm not one to loose sleep over a little rattle, but I'd bough a second set of doors just to have some variety and they rattle so bad it's even too much for me.

I will use it and enjoy it, but the search will continue.

In addition to the Therion BF I'm very interested in the Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W .

Letitia9 likes this.
  16. SteelDriver

SteelDriver Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Couple of tricks for you. Get a filler so you do not have to take bottles out. You won't regret it. 2 things you can do on the door get tool that fits the 4 screws the magnets line up with and make sure that they are all the way in. You can also get sand paper and a nice flat surface and sand back of doors flat.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Letitia9, jerryprague and DonBaldy like this.
  17. benley73

benley73 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The vt inbox doors holes are made for fingers not thumbs , my thumb gets caught in mine so needs to be widened , but using with fingers whilst gripping it works great,
    My bottles fit perfectly well , i also have the clear softer VT inbox bottles , i find getting them out use a lolly stick to keep tube off the mod an saves mess and they just slot back in so easily only fill to bottom of top 3 line on bottle to avoid spills , having little rubber caps makes them ideal to take extra bottles of different flavours with you in your pocket ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Letitia9 likes this.
  18. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The only thing I don't like about the inbox is the bottle attachment. But it's no biggie. I just wrap paper towel around the tube when refilling.then I've got a tiny screw driver to help push the bottle back up but u have the softer bottles for mine

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Letitia9 likes this.
  19. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Yeah -they both have pros and cons - can't really say which is better or worse

If you like your mech, stay with that - lol

CrazyChef v2.0 and jerryprague like this.
  20. RSZ1

RSZ1 New Member

Blog Posts:
    There is a new bottle connector coming out for the Inbox allowing it to use a more standard type bottle with a tube.

Wtmke1 likes this.