Become a Patron!

VT Inbox reading different resistance in SS mode vs Watts mode

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sitting here with my DNA 75 VT Inbox, I put a new build in it, 5 winds 3mm 24g SS316L. I put my mod in power mode to pulse it, it reads .27 ohms. I put the mod in SS316 mode... .25 ohms. Back to power mode... .27. Back again to SS316... .25. The coil is not even warm to the touch so it's not an improper reading at temperature. Anyone ever see this behavior? I've never noticed it before. I've been wondering why my vape on this mod has seemed weak, now I know why.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think 100th of a ohm matter all that much. Most coils are whatever ohm +/-. 05 anyways. It may be the tcr setting on the mod itself. Been a long time since I've had a regular DNA device. I have a 40 and a 75c. Tcr for ss is. 000000092 or however many zeros. Lol. But I've moved mine up as far as. 115.which is closer to N80 tcr value

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I take a vape in SS mode, it's weak as hell almost no vapor produced. In power mode, boom, plenty of vapor. I have to crank the temp up to 500 degrees to get a decent pull on it.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use watts mode. Temp control in SS sucks on almost every mod out there.
I have to strongly disagree there. I have a DNA250C, a DNA75C, and a Hohm Slice, and they are great in TC. Great flavor and experience, clouds depend on the atty and the build.

Also TC is very useful for dropping & squonking in preventing nasty dry hits.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I get home I'm going to test this build on other mods I have to compare

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it does it with all my attys. But the resistance it reads in SS mode is the same that it reads on all my other mods. Weird.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should just send that trash to me - I'm sure I can find a use for another VW mod ;-)

I've been thinking of flipping it anyway, now that I have a Rebel 21700 squonk mod. Message me if you're interested in purchasing or trading.

VU Sponsors