Become a Patron!

VV pyro not wicking

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've rewicked this thing at least 15 times. 4 times just this morning and I cannot get it to wick.

I've tried more cotton, less cotton, cotton bacon, Japanese pads, different tail lengths and nothing works.

Anyone with this rdta have any tips or had this problem?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my most recent build.
3579b653017c8582dfefde673e488800.jpg
8bcf0ed54128dd49389de2e80b5d2a2e.jpg
26933758e4010722aaf6a767c66d0462.jpg

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've rewicked this thing at least 15 times. 4 times just this morning and I cannot get it to wick.

I've tried more cotton, less cotton, cotton bacon, Japanese pads, different tail lengths and nothing works.

Anyone with this rdta have any tips or had this problem?

Having this problem with Boreas V2 and honestly I just quit, too finnicky for me and I keep losing juice to try so off to the drawer until the day that I feel like trying again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Having this problem with Boreas V2 and honestly I just quit, too finnicky for me and I keep losing juice to try so off to the drawer until the day that I feel like trying again.

That's what I just did. I said I'm done with this and put it away. Then figured I'd ask.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never understood those kind of rta. Do you have to tilt it to wick juice?unless the cotton goes to the bottom right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With tanks at bottom i find run wick much better easier id using steel wrapped rods or mesh through the bottom of tank they transport enough juice fast enough to the deck for me this way,
then just wick over the top of them as usual like an rda

Now this Corona RTA , is a v
Beast , can be bought as a cheap clone , Kalora ,/korina RTA , which performs like an RDA on Flavour and cloud production ,
Wicks sit over base of deck on top of the SS wire wicks or Mesh , keeping then constantly fed without leaking or dry hits
cb2da3b0fc5ba9ef7beed806cc439f92.jpg
48d11c4e155658fdb56d7e9decb7828f.jpg
8022919314a2c7557e91b7b9d9ed8aaa.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's what I just did. I said I'm done with this and put it away. Then figured I'd ask.

I have a basic rule of thumb, if I have built multiple RTAs in the past with no issues or leaking and I have one that I can't get right I chalk it up to bad design and not user error. Helps me sleep at night lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never understood those kind of rta. Do you have to tilt it to wick juice?unless the cotton goes to the bottom right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yep kind of back to the Stardust days of tilting to wick.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a Serpent RDTA. worked fine as far as it goes with the tilting thing and such. flavor was good but not roll your eyeballs around good.
Just too much trouble to disassemble to rinse and the tilting thing....
It sits in the underloved attys section now.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is there a good sized hole in your cotton where it goes through the juice port? Needs a path for air to go in while.juice comes.out

Mine gets here Tuesday, hope I dont have that issue

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a good sized hole in your cotton where it goes through the juice port? Needs a path for air to go in while.juice comes.out
I wouldn't say good sized. It just stuck my 1.5mm coil tool through there.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have that RDTA but I have quite a few others. All mine are wicked so the cotton just barely goes through the deck. Yes you have to tilt the mod to get liquid to the wicks. Just tilting with regular use should be enough. It's just like wicking an RDA with a little bit longer wicks.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hold my mod at a 45 deg angle when vaping and do not want to have to modify my vaping habits to accomodate RDTA's.
And also dribbly my RDA's on me if I squonk a bit too much :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I hold my mod at a 45 deg angle when vaping and do not want to have to modify my vaping habits to accomodate RDTA's.
And also dribbly my RDA's on me if I squonk a bit too much :)

This trend of RSAs that don't drain is highly disturbing to me

But in keeping with the OP - I have three RDTAs (not yours though) and just can't bring myself to build any of them, lol

I did build to Gaia to squonk, but hated the airflow on it. Never tried to use it as an RDTA though

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This trend of RSAs that don't drain is highly disturbing to me

But in keeping with the OP - I have three RDTAs (not yours though) and just can't bring myself to build any of them, lol

I did build to Gaia to squonk, but hated the airflow on it. Never tried to use it as an RDTA though
The serpent is not bad. About the only 22mm single coil RDTA. A decent vape really just too much trouble and tank is small.
I much prefer a 6-10 ml squonk bottle :)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the Merlin rdta that works good but it can't hold big coils like the pyro can.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have the Merlin rdta that works good but it can't hold big coils like the pyro can.

That's one I have but haven't built yet

Once I finally got it, I was in the throws of a terrible resurgence of RA and I could hardly wick an atty so I set it aside for better days

Now I can't find it in my mountain of crap vapocolypse stash

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's one I have but haven't built yet

Once I finally got it, I was in the throws of a terrible resurgence of RA and I could hardly wick an atty so I set it aside for better days

Now I can't find it in my mountain of crap vapocolypse stash
Well, with you being the squonk queen, there's really no need for an rdta.

This week's been rough with wicking for me. I've been using rebuildables for a couple years and actually thought about buying a subohm tank

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This week's been rough with wicking for me. I've been using rebuildables for a couple years and actually thought about buying a subohm tank

Change cotton?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Eh, I like to try new things sometimes and love the OG Merlin - still take one to work with me everyday - so wanted to try the RDTA for sure

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Your dropping to much wick down passed the wick holes. Try using 2.5 I'd coils, that way you don't need so much fucking cotton.

The beautiful thing about rta's sand RDTAs are that they generally work as good or better with smaller diameter coils because that allows for better wicking. Don't over stuff coils, stuff until you reach minimal resistance.

My technique to good rdta wicking involves issuing a screw driver and after I've just barely Covered the hole maybe 2mm past the hole go around to each Wich and make a "hole" so that oxygen can get in and your liquid can move around. Kind of like a gas can, where your gas can has the pouring nozzle, then a plug you unplug that has a hole so your gas pours evenly

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The VV pyro has excellent reviews. It's not there design. Less, don't let your tails drop more than 2mm below into the tank. When you take a hit tilt your set up.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I can say is for all my RTDA's is the only way I get them to wick right is to space the coils and put the cotton in thin including the cotton through the coil. You know how you have your cotton tightness though an RDA coil.... make it just a bit thinner.
Hope this helps, and yes cotton should be short just into the tank. I know this has been posted before but stressing to keep the cotton through the coils loose.
Good luck.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The VV pyro has excellent reviews. It's not there design. Less, don't let your tails drop more than 2mm below into the tank. When you take a hit tilt your set up.

It you have to tilt - it is a design flaw

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yep we moved away from that about 3 years ago or more.
Retro vaping?

will silica wicks make a comeback as well?

If you don't usually hold your tank perfectly horizontal while vaping, I don't see it as a Flaw, per se. I naturally tilt mine a bit anyway, unless I'm feeling shy then yes I look straight at the floor while holding my vape under my face like I'm doing something illegal :teehee:

Old ideas will always come back with a twist, that's human nature I guess

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tilt it and which end of the wick gets wet?

It doesn't seem to me that it matters, since the liquid would spread throughout the cotton, to and past the coil, until either no liquid is left or the cotton is saturated. Sort of like using a vertical coil with a reservoir below the liquid, I never had much issue with the topmost cotton not also getting saturated with liquid.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't seem to me that it matters, since the liquid would spread throughout the cotton, to and past the coil, until either no liquid is left or the cotton is saturated. Sort of like using a vertical coil with a reservoir below the liquid, I never had much issue with the topmost cotton not also getting saturated with liquid.
Mebbie so but not for me. Gave up the tipping thing with the Stardust Clearos.
Vape em if ya got em though.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mebbie so but not for me. Gave up the tipping thing with the Stardust Clearos.
Vape em if ya got em though.

Yeah, having to hold it just so to get it to wick is so 2012

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh remember the Vivi Novas?

Just trashed about 10 of those things....

Seems like RDTA's are just wannabe squonkers...
No better vape and a smaller tank though.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Oh yeah - and you had to be careful with citrus, cinnamon and juice like Pluid, they would literal eat through the plastic and cause massive leakage

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah - and you had to be careful with citrus, cinnamon and juice like Pluid, they would literal eat through the plastic and cause massive leakage

yeah and that makes me kind of wonder about the PC caps on RDA's....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know I am kinda glad that I missed all the commercial juice hype and horror things.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I got a Vivi Nova (top coil and all) on one of my mods right now lol! Yep, to each their own

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I tilt to take a hit. So I literally have never had a problem. The avocado is a great flavor atty Imo. The 22 is what I got and it gets used everyday because it's the only type of "tank" that I like.

I'd like to get into rta's but I'm not hard pressed to do so. I don't mind dripping, I started out dripping and loved it. Infact I installed a coil master "alien" single coil and that was decently effective enough to get me hopelessly addicted to the art, and style of vaping.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think RDTAs have a niche in the market. They are kind of wanna be squonkers, never thought of it that way. However, for my vape style, there aren't many squonk devices that will satisfy me. I vape pretty high wattage. Depending on the coil, 80-100w.

The majority of squonkers are single battery mechs. So I'd have to build around .12 ohms, make sure my connections are clean, and carry around probably 3 batteries.

With an RDTA, I can put it on any mod i want and go. Assuming it works lol.

For me to get into squonking, i would need a regulated, 2 battery mod. The only one I can think of is the Lost vape drone and at $200, i'll pass lol.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Vivi Nova (top coil and all) on one of my mods right now lol! Yep, to each their own
DANG. wish I had known you used Vivi Novas. Would have sent mine to ya with 20 coils or so.

Does explain why you do not mind the tilting to wick though :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From watching vape reviewers many pretty much hold their mod horizontal to vape.
Not me. Just not a cool kid I suppose.
Abbie Normal.

VU Sponsors