Become a Patron!

VV pyro not wicking

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think RDTAs have a niche in the market. They are kind of wanna be squonkers, never thought of it that way. However, for my vape style, there aren't many squonk devices that will satisfy me. I vape pretty high wattage. Depending on the coil, 80-100w.

The majority of squonkers are single battery mechs. So I'd have to build around .12 ohms, make sure my connections are clean, and carry around probably 3 batteries.

With an RDTA, I can put it on any mod i want and go. Assuming it works lol.

For me to get into squonking, i would need a regulated, 2 battery mod. The only one I can think of is the Lost vape drone and at $200, i'll pass lol.

The Drone has been discontinued. It had problems anyway. For a dual 18650 squonk mod look at the Geekvape Gbox.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
DANG. wish I had known you used Vivi Novas. Would have sent mine to ya with 20 coils or so.

Does explain why you do not mind the tilting to wick though :)

I only need one coil, I rebuild it :) Just got it free with a flavoring order couple weeks ago, like the tight air.

Anyway, after 100 different vapes and 100 different ways wicking 90% VG can be picky, tilting ain't so bad. As long as it works.

I don't tilt horizontal, and seriously sometimes I hold my vape vertical, just depends. I have an obsessive personality so I don't mind tinkering around with playing with my vape

I do love a vape that is 0 thinking involved, too. Happens my Vivi Nova with some cotton sticking down is one of them!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wick my Pyro with cotton just long enough to touch the little ledges inside the juice ports. I kinda figure when I see a ledge where cotton goes on an RTA, that's where cotton is meant to stop. No cotton peeking through the glass or anything, and it wicks exceptionally fast (even with minimal tilting when tank is full, I mean Minimal).

It doesn't leak if I hold it upside down, either. That's a shortcut for wicking if I want to "chain vape."

About trimming the wick like the Griffin, I began trimming it like that but backwards, i.e. trimming the underside of the cotton at an angle rather than the topside. I keep checking my coils and they keep looking moist!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I began trimming it like that but backwards, i.e. trimming the underside of the cotton at an angle rather than the topside. I keep checking my coils and they keep looking moist!
Yep if I have to trim that is how I like to do it as well. gives all the cotton a chance to wick.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ended up making some thinner juice and it's performing exceptionally better in my kylin. So I'm hoping that'll fix my pyro issues as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ended up making some thinner juice and it's performing exceptionally better in my kylin. So I'm hoping that'll fix my pyro issues as well.

I'm gonna be mixing some 95% VG liquid today (2% Caramel Candy) and see how that goes

I've rewicked this thing at least 15 times. 4 times just this morning and I cannot get it to wick.

I've tried more cotton, less cotton, cotton bacon, Japanese pads, different tail lengths and nothing works.

Anyone with this rdta have any tips or had this problem?

You have to poke a hole between the wicks to prevent vacuum. Took me a while to figure out. Now it's spot on

VU Sponsors