Become a Patron!

VZONE - GRAFFITI 220W BOX MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Graffiti 220W Box Mod from Vzone. The Graffiti 220W Box Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Yolanda from Vzone.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/battery/26.html
http://www.vzonecigs.com/

In the Box

Contents:

VZone Graffiti mod
USB Cable
User manual
Battery Safety Card
Quality Certification

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Graffiti 220W Box Mod comes in nice packaging with a pull out draw. The device without side brackets would be average size, but the addition of the side brackets in a different colour to the rest of the device makes the device quite wide, despite this the brackets add nice aesthetic features as well as their curved nature making the device ergonomically sound. It is obvious why the device is called the Graffiti having very street style matching artwork front and back. I received the Gun Metal version which has a skeleton's head with WW1 period flying cap and goggles, the side brackets on the Gun Metal version are Jade. The other 2 versions available are, Stainless Steel and 7-Colour and the artwork is added using an injection coating process giving high quality graphics and fine texture. The finish on both the artwork and chassis is excellent and seems very durable, in fact the whole device is high build quality and solid with no rattles whatsoever. One side of the device on the Jade bracket we have a large, square fire button with "V" etched on, at the bottom we have the left and right buttons, followed by the USB port, centrally the OLED 0.91" screen is housed. The other side bracket is featureless and the base of the device has safety stamps, branding and venting, moving to the top of the device we have a centre 510 plate with spring loaded, what looks to be gold plated 510.

Specs:

Size: 90x56x26mm
TC range: 200 – 600 Deg.F / 100 – 300 Deg.C
Wattage range: 7 – 220W
Resistance range: 0.1 – 3 ohm
510 atomiser connector
Supports 2pcs 18650 batteries (not included)
Material: PC,Zinc Alloy
Memory modes
Taste modes
Max output voltage: 7.5V
Max output current: 50A
Firmware Upgradable
Colours: Gun Metal, 7 Colour and Stainless Steel.

Using the Graffiti

The battery panel is fixed in place with 2 strong magnets, at the base there is a nice sized notch to get your fingernail in to get enough purchase to remove it. The device is the normal 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and once on the screen is bright with all information clearly visible. Pressing the fire and right buttons together locks the up and down buttons but the device will still fire. The Graffiti has a 20 second screen timeout so after 20 seconds of inactivity the device goes into standby but if you go to vape from standby the device activates and fires in an instant and you won't notice any delay. The Graffiti has a lot of things in common with the GTRS P222 i recently reviewed and apart from the screen layout being in a different order the menu system works in the exact same way. Like the P222 the Graffiti also has a tinted screen which gives it a classy appearance but on the Graffiti the tint is less and the screen much brighter, another advantage in my opinion the Graffiti has is the device turns off with 5 clicks unlike the P222 which required the removal of batteries to turn off fully. All the information you need is on the screen, top left we have the resistance, underneath this we have voltage (this changes to wattage in temp control), under this we have the preheat, and back to the top of the screen to the right of what's already been described is the wattage (this changes to temperature when using a temp control wire). Top right of the screen is the mode, and underneath this is your memory if it just displays M it means no memory slot has been selected but it can be changed to M1, M2 or M3, finally underneath the memory we have the battery status indicator. The user interface on the Graffiti is really good, it has everything you need on a device yet no fancy menu system to enter simply move around the screen and make your changes. 3 clicks of the fire button highlights the resistance, from here simply use the left and right buttons to highlight different things, when you reach what you want to alter press the fire button then alter or scroll through the options it gives you before pressing fire again to set. Resistance you can lock or unlock, Preheat gives you the choice of, norm, hard, soft or user, if you pick user it brings up your 10 second curve that can be set (if curve is set, while vaping the curve graph is displayed). When choosing the mode it comes up with the choice of, KA, NI, TI, SS and TCR, KA is for Kanthal but forget that it just means you will be in wattage mode and your coil doesn't need to be Kanthal at all. Choosing one of your TC wires will obviously change the wattage display to temperature but now where it did display the volts displays wattage that can be altered for temp control. Finally we can highlight and select M to select or alter and then select one of your 3 memory slots. The device like i said has all the features yet altering or choosing anything can be done so quickly, the user interface has to get top marks.

Performance

The Performance matches the build quality and cracking user friendly interface, firing without any noticeable delay and the wattage seemed very accurate. Those that have read my reviews in the past will know i love using the curves feature with any device that includes it and the curves work particularly well with the Graffiti allowing to fine tune the vape i wanted. I tried the device with various tanks including the Berserker Mini at just 12W and the device was silent. The Graffiti during the time i was using it seemed very efficient as battery life seemed very good compared to the average duel 18650 battery life i would expect. The Graffiti accommodates up to a 26mm tank without overhang which will be fine for most tanks but a couple of extra mm would be better, finally the HW board has all the protections you would expect, supports 1.5A charging and is fully firmware upgradable.

Conclusion

The Graffiti 220W Box Mod is a quality device, build quality, aesthetics, the user friendly interface and most importantly the performance are all first class in my opinion. Apart from being restricted to a 26mm tank max without overhang, i really can't fault the device.

Pros

Great Build Quality
Excellent Artwork
Good Ergonomics
Good Performance
User Friendly Interface
Curves
High Wattage
Temp Control
Fires Instantly
Good battery life
Firmware Upgradable

Cons

Tanks over 26mm will have overhang.

I would once again like to thank Yolanda from Vzone for supplying the Graffiti 220W Box Mod for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/battery/26.html
http://www.vzonecigs.com/

VU Sponsors