Become a Patron!

WA – Stop a 95% tax on vapor products!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, they just keep trying...bastards. :gaah:

From CASAA:
We're reaching out to alert you to a bill, HB 1873, which would impose a crushing 95% sales tax on vapor products. HB 1873 is scheduled for a public hearing on

Tuesday, February 26, 2019
8:00 AM
(
Registration begins at 7:30 AM)
John L O’Brien Building, Hearing Room A
Olympia, WA

Link to the Bill: https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1873&Initiative=false&Year=2019
Bill digest as a web page: http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Htm/Bills/House Bills/1873.htm

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, lets put businesses out, send people to the unemployment/benefits line, make quitting smoking more of a deterent, and send more of our money to China....good thinking WA

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, lets put businesses out, send people to the unemployment/benefits line, make quitting smoking more of a deterent, and send more of our money to China....good thinking WA

But...it's for the children... who by law aren't supposed to be able to vape here anyways. :giggle::crazy:

The bill also mentions vaping being used for "other" things, which is an irony since THAT is legal here.

Hell, we already have to pay OUR state sales tax on any online vape purchases made in the U.S., what more do they need?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Video from WA
House Finance Committee
February 26, 8:00 am

(The archive video is live now. Skip to 34:00 for HB1873 intro and to 1:54 for the public testimony -- YW)
https://www.tvw.org/watch/?eventID=2019021566

Infuriating lying and BS statistics abound here...jeeez...:cuss2:

Very interesting too: applying the 95% OTP rate would be effectively a deterrent if not an de-facto ban on vaping in all forms due to it's costs to retailers, online shops, and consumers.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Current status:

Bill History
2019 REGULAR SESSION

Feb 4
First reading, referred to Finance. (View Original Bill)
Feb 26
Public hearing in the House Committee on Finance at 8:00 AM. (Committee Materials)
Mar 14
Scheduled for executive session in the House Committee on Finance at 1:30 PM (Subject to change)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't let people like these ones kill vaping here...smh...

Snap810.jpg

Snap811.jpg

Last edited:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
can they tax 0mg nic e juice?
because they shouldnt be able to.
Deeming calls 0 nic a tobacco product so its taxed as one... if it passed the grandfather date of pmta or gets pmta and these flavor bans going around.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0 mg vape isnt a tobacco product.
its food additives.
period.
says science.
only a imbecile would list it as a tobacco product.
matter of fact.
i know of a vape company that uses synthesized nicotine that was derived from a non tobacco source.
like...seriously, wtf is all this insanity around me.
if vg/pg/flavor concentrate is a tobacco product...
then my iron i iron my clothes with is a vape device.
lets see.
electricity flows through a metal coil, heating it, and any liquid that comes in contact with it,
gets vaporized.
just need to pour vg+pg+flavor concentrate instead of water into it.
and inhale.

061815image1-e1434481369445-555x321.jpg

vape gear has been around for over a century.
nothing to see here folks. nothing new that is.

ITS EXACTLY WHY THEY SHOULDNT BE PUTTING THE BULLSHIT NICOTINE WARNING RETARDED LABELS ON FUCKING ELECTRONICS THAT DOESNT CONTAIN ANY NICOTINE LIQUID IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
because its fucking idiotic to do so!
just cause a piece of electronic hardware can vaporize juice doesnt mean its a tobacco product.
and just because something has nicotine doesnt mean its derived from tobacco. theres lots of plants with nicotine in it just like theres plants with thc like for example echinacea. Echinacea the herb that you can get anywhere. anytime. has thc.

its just plain logic and reason.
jesus h christ.
if i see one more nicotine warning label on a vaporizing electronic device that contains no nicotine in the box...
i may go postal.
im serious.
its just common sense NOT to put bullshit nonsense that contradicts reality on a box that makes no fucking sense!!!!!!!

Last edited:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what matters is how it is marketed and sold... if sold with Nic even has a shot then it is assumed to be a tobacco product if said Nic is given free with the purchase then that assumption is false. i amk in no way an expert on all of the PMTA or state laws which could trump it anyway.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like your lawmakers are partaking a ton of other legal substances there.

VU Sponsors