wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
whats your favorite waffle flavor. I have only tried flavor west blueberry gram and capellas waffle. neither give me the crispy waffle taste I want. they would make better waffle addition than waffles. caps is just almost there. smells good but lacks the flavor i want. any suggestions on making those more waffle-y ?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
try adding a little doughnut flavor

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just tossing out ideas since I never tried it, but what about a touch of Custard v2? Or if ya feel wild, use v1.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
thanks guys, Ill try both. cant go wrong with adding custard to anything lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
wllmc, i have issues with waffle..
I have tried all of the waffle flavorings from many companies..
just nothing.. i get a maybe bread taste..

but i can do a muffin! :p

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wllmc, i have issues with waffle..
I have tried all of the waffle flavorings from many companies..
just nothing.. i get a maybe bread taste..

but i can do a muffin! :p
maybe it needs bread crust lol, thanks smoky, ill kepp pressing on until i get close enough

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wondered about bread crust, but even my dilution is strong tasting. You could do the scratch version, lol. Now if we just had your powdered sugar nailed down!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
right ! lol. thinking I should just try something else. this is my best run so far. totally not even close to waffles but tasty none the less

10% caps waffle
2% caps custard
2% fa apple pie
1% fa cookie
1.5% tfa frosted doughnut

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dang, that looks tasty. Did you get any toasted notes? I used a plain doughnut (forget the manufacturer) with FA cookie and toasted almond in my blend. Tastes like a combo of a waffle/cookie/donut with toasted almonds. Not bad...

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Dang, that looks tasty. Did you get any toasted notes? I used a plain doughnut (forget the manufacturer) with FA cookie and toasted almond in my blend. Tastes like a combo of a waffle/cookie/donut with toasted almonds. Not bad...
not really to much, I threw everything I could at it and nothing lol. sometimes I was close but. I want waffle house waffles lol. took a break from it. itll get it pretty soon even if I just have to make a waffle from scratch. ha.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
not really to much, I threw everything I could at it and nothing lol. sometimes I was close but. I want waffle house waffles lol. took a break from it. itll get it pretty soon even if I just have to make a waffle from scratch. ha.
Black fire for the burned side :)

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man, Tasty Vapor used to have the best tasting waffle. He had switched the flavoring because it got too expensive. I wish I knew what he used.

Ok folks, I am REALLY looking for some input into waffle flavors. Due to circumstances (i.e my 3 goto waffle flavors being discontinued from local shops), I am being forced (not to unhappy though ;)) into delving into DIY.

Personally favorite waffles are:

• BlackLabel - Belgium Breakfast - A warming waffle taste with hints of macerated strawberries and sweet whipped cream
  • Bad Monkey - B. Waffles - An awesome mixture of blueberries and waffles
These both have some maple syrup flavoring to them.

You'll be seeing some of me posting questions and such as I am brand new to DIY.

Thanks for any help in advance !

Mark

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I 've thrown something together with FW waffle at a fairly low % like 2-3 (which to me tastes a bit like those waffles you make yourself at the continental breakfast bar at a cheap hotel. Really buttery like I guess. I add some blueberry cinnamon crumble (think it's cap but not sure) @ 4-5% some maple at 1-2% (I use tfa here but only cuz I already paid for it) and add a few drops of blue wild and cinnamon spice (1% of caps CDS may go ok.here as well?) also tfa. I think this would be good with BlackBerry also to add a bit of crispness to the mix but if you can get that waffle to take a bit of a backseat to the blueberry crumble its not horrible!

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh and hold the phone here! Could it even be possible that I have a flavor that Wllmc does not? The absurdity of it all. I don't even know what the hell I'm doing! Seriously while your on your waffle hunt check out the FW, unless that whole lack of disclosure thing with them turns you off which is understandable.o_O

VU Sponsors