Waiting for the Vapocalypse

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now that these FDA regulations are looking more and more likely, I'm definitely stocking up on supplies.

I may get a rebuildable atomizer system, but I may also learn how to rebuild existing coils, like for my iClears and Nautilus.

But, more than anything, I'm stocking up on nicotine.

Right now I have about 480ml of 100mg/ml nic, but 120 of that is WL, and I don't like WL nic, so I'm considering getting another 240ml of VT nic.

I've cut back from 18mg/ml to 3mg/ml in the last three months, and my husband is now down to 6mg/ml, so even at those levels, the amount of nic that we will have after purchasing another 240ml of VT nic will last us a very, very long time.

That's without cutting back further (or going 0mg/ml).

I would assume that the FDA cannot do anything about flavorings or PG/VG as far as vaping go, but what else do you think may be in jeopardy? I've heard that they would have a VERY hard time doing anything about the mods, themselves, and those most likely won't/can't be regulated/restricted.

Thoughts?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that these FDA regulations are looking more and more likely, I'm definitely stocking up on supplies.

I may get a rebuildable atomizer system, but I may also learn how to rebuild existing coils, like for my iClears and Nautilus.

Right now I have about 480ml of 100mg/ml nic, but 120 of that is WL, and I don't like WL nic, so I'm considering getting another 240ml of VT nic.

I've cut back from 18mg/ml to 3mg/ml in the last three months, and my husband is now down to 6mg/ml, so even at those levels, the amount of nic that we will have after purchasing another 240ml of VT nic will last us a very, very long time.

That's without cutting back further (or going 0mg/ml).

I would assume that the FDA cannot do anything about flavorings or PG/VG as far as vaping go, but what else do you think may be in jeopardy? I've heard that they would have a VERY hard time doing anything about the mods, themselves, and those most likely won't/can't be regulated/restricted.

Thoughts?
The sad thing is that if they do push to hard it will just go underground, I was told one day that I could not get a certain chemical its highly restricted not drugs 5 companies told me this... you know what I got it the next day no questions asked in a blank bottle I know what you mean I am totally stocked up for years but I would not worry to much the rebellion will be massive.. It will really hurt the online stores and the Brick and Mortars depending on the level of regulation could go under or just play their game and just switch things around... I want to see the U.S. Restrict China we never have ever been able to they have tried and failed every time ;)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the key here is not to overreact until we see EXACTLY what happens. It's natural to go into "self preservation" mode but the truth is, this isn't really about those of us who already vape. It's more about the millions of smokers who haven't yet made the switch. Fasttech is already selling "flashlight mods". Plus, and this is another big thing that I don't hear enough, it will be over a year, possibly even two years before the regulations take effect. There will be litigation. CASAA has already promised that since the beginning. I think the key is to do your comments to the FDA, both at the regulations.gov site and through freetovape.org. (If you only do 1 and not the other, make SURE you do it at the .gov site). Keep in mind here that this is not about "public health". We all know it's about the money and how the FDA and the government lawmakers want to extract the most possible $ while handing the industry over to big tobacco. They know how to do things, but considering they don't even understand the technology and the industry itself, it's going to take them awhile. The comment deadline day is NOT the start of the "Vapocalypse" so let's just stay calm and not freak out about whatever adversity comes. We will adapt, adjust and do what we need to do when we are called upon by CASAA. While they have us distracted with this, PAY ATTENTION to your local area. This is a perfect time for cities and counties to start ramping up the local bans. Let the litigators and lobbyists handle the FDA once your submit your comments. If the local bans start popping up around you, address those as boots on the ground and something you CAN do something about. That would be MUCH more productive than spending a bunch of money on stuff that's going to go bad, which will still be available to you until these regulations (whatever they end up being) will take effect. Just saying......

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know, if you wait to act until the inevitable future decisions come, then it will be a true mad rush to buy up whatever nicotine is out there. I would rather react now and be certain I get what I need, without having to go into panic mode. I stocked up already too. I have VT nic, WL nic, and I think ECX nic also. I'm stocking up on base too, because when those decisions happen, it will be a mad rush to get those too.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My concern is, I think eventually that they are gonna want a extra tax on juice containing nicotine.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@flowerpots that's what I'm thinking, too. On the whole, it's cheap enough to stock up and get more when that goes bad rather than wait until the mad rush and pay WAY more.

I'm not as worried about PG and VG as they're used far more for other things than for vaping. Besides, I know how much I vape, so I can purchase those well in advance. I have enough already to last me a few years.

I purchased most of what I have now before even hearing of the possible FDA regulations, so I don't think I'm really freaking out. I just like to be prepared.

I'm done with analogs. I just want to make sure it stays that way. :)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know, if you wait to act until the inevitable future decisions come, then it will be a true mad rush to buy up whatever nicotine is out there. I would rather react now and be certain I get what I need, without having to go into panic mode. I stocked up already too. I have VT nic, WL nic, and I think ECX nic also. I'm stocking up on base too, because when those decisions happen, it will be a mad rush to get those too.

Flowerpots, you do understand that these regulations, whatever they are will be at least a year.....I've heard estimates of up to 2 years before they take effect right? They have to go through all of the comments.....come up with the final set of formal regulations....pass them.....go through what I imagine will be multiple levels of litigation with CASAA....and THEN (if/ when they win) there will be a "buffer time" until the regulations are enforced. A lot of frozen nicotine can go bad in a couple of years. I mean, if I'm totally wrong, someone PLEASE correct me. It just seems like people are in love with the notion of the "Vapocalypse" and it's kinda crazy to me. It's it potentially bad? YES, it's potentially VERY BAD. But why freak out before we know how bad? My only point is, let's control what we can and submit comments instead of buying up the world's supply of nicotine. I'm worried about the regulations and I'm not saying there isn't anything to worry about. Let's just do what we can until we find out what it is that we have to worry about.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya, I'm the same way. It may be premature and reactionary, but I think it's valid. And, we aren't the only ones doing this. I've heard many are preparing.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think preparing is freaking out. That's kind of the point. Don't wait until that time. Maybe it will take a year to come into effect. But, maybe it won't. I don't know and I don't think anyone does. I'm a CASAA member too, I understand. But, buying what I will need for the the future, for me, is what I consider smart.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I'm not trying to tell anybody what to do. I'm just trying to add some perspective and pointing out that I've seen more people talking about stocking up for the Vapocalypse than about promoting getting comments in this week. You guys got room in the freezer...back up the nic trucks. I'm sure the vendors will love you for it! :) I did happen to think the timing of MFS's Liter of nic for $50 "summer sale" this week was a bit curious...but I bet it's flying off the shelves none the less. Just like the White House..."never let a good crisis go to waste"! LOL

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually am sorry for the sensationalistic thread title. I thought I was being cute. :(

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually am sorry for the sensationalistic thread title. I thought I was being cute. :(

Oh no Emilie, PLEASE don't think I'm hating on you AT ALL. And believe me, there's nothing wrong with being prepared. And it's not just this thread. I've seen a TON of stuff exactly like this everywhere this week. My point was more that..especially this week...the entire community's focus should be WAY more on making sure that we not only get our comments in but that we encourage everyone that we have any influence with to do the same. We haven't lost the fight yet. It doesn't look good. And being prepared is important. But shouldn't our main focus, at least this week, be doing everything that we can do as a community to try to at least PUT UP a fight? I wasn't hating on you guys at all.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thoughts?
Just on the technical time frame aspect. The FDA has to publish the final rule. Most think that will be in about another year or more. But lets say a miracle of 6 months, congress and the FDA work quickly on it.

After that, for all the rules, all manufacturers have 24 Months to get their applications in. The products will be allowed to be sold for that entire time. After that, until the FDA decides on applications, the products can still be sold. There are around 3000 analog products being sold today, that are waiting 2+ years for the FDA to decide on their applications.

So best case scenerio it will be 3 to 5 years before the FDA does anything effecting what is being sold.
Worse case is 2.5 years, before any products being sold are effected.

In that time Tank technology is going to get better, 2.5 years of better, and you will be storing a lot of Nicotine in your freezer.

So I would say you have plenty of time, before building the stockpile is necessary.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am prepared. If they said today I couldn't buy more (not going to happen), I'd be ok.
I have not worried about it happening or thought about it one way or another.
I have several mods, tanks, drippers and plenty of batteries. Not to mention lots of juice, nicotine, pg/vg and flavors.
Whatever is going to happen will happen. I will do what I can to help the "cause" but I won't let the FDA affect me in any way. In a general sense of course, I will be taxed like everyone else.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My concern is, I think eventually that they are gonna want a extra tax on juice containing nicotine.

NC pays a .05 cent tax per ml already.. or it is in the works.. i forget which..

I have heard, can't find it right now.. but.. nic that has been frozen after 9 years is still good..
nic left out in normal room temps looses like 1-2% strength over a year..

Did everyone in this thread submit their comment to regulation.gov?

I did.. :)

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did everyone in this thread submit their comment to regulation.gov?

Yes.
I'm pretty much prepared. I'll probably get a bit more VT nic for me. I've got plenty of 'other company' nic for the family vapers. hehe I don't think it's a matter of panic right now but there is the history of the gov stopping shipments at customs. They got slapped pretty hard for it but...history does tend to repeat.
I'm actually more worried about the dirty pool the banks and cc processors (banks) are playing.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think she's referring to the same dirty pool that the folks at fleabay and paypal are playing.

Yes. Fleabay, paypal, regretsy, why basically innocuous legal things are being labeled high risk or drug paraphernalia. I've been adding it up and not liking the conclusions.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. Fleabay, paypal, regretsy, why basically innocuous legal things are being labeled high risk or drug paraphernalia. I've been adding it up and not liking the conclusions.

:D
ROTFLMAO! That's a new one for me!

Yeah, it's a good thing I have companies like those looking out for my best interest. :rolleyes:

memvapr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guys, we are diverting from the revenue streams of big tobacco and to a minor extent big pharma (which also has a large stake in big agriculture). The second one bankrolls 70% of what is televised in the US. Their major benefactors are investment banks, wall street, and of course Govt through taxation and fda fees.

That being said, look for a long uphill fight waged from their acolytes: regulatory agencies, financial services, misinformation through media, politicians, etc until all of these guys can figure out how to get a piece of the pie to fill the potential void. This is chess, not checkers.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:D
ROTFLMAO! That's a new one for me!

Yeah, it's a good thing I have companies like those looking out for my best interest. :rolleyes:

BTW- I didn't come up with regretsy. There used to be a website of that name that kind of poked fun at some of the stuff like knitted penii and vajayjay earmuffs. It was hysterical but then they got mean and it wasn't funny anymore.

VU Sponsors