Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is your wicking brown necessary ur jucie mine is clear but I was just wondering
14d31169717a9e6fd7ad7ebd0833f8bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Even some light colored juices or clear can make your wick and coils dark. I just had a banana custard which was very light (recently started trying to only use light colored juices) and after a few hours on it, my cotton was very dark and nasty looking. Guess certain flavors may caramelize more so than others and turn dark.

Calls To Action! casaa.org

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even some light colored juices or clear can make your wick and coils dark. I just had a banana custard which was very light (recently started trying to only use light colored juices) and after a few hours on it, my cotton was very dark and nasty looking. Guess certain flavors may caramelize more so than others and turn dark.

I put that Atty with the duel Claptons on my ipv4s and its chuckin now lol

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chuckin the vapor! My unregulated mod crapped out, so I got a cherry bomber. Not sure how I feel about it just yet. The build I had that was throwing nice flavor and vape on my now broken mod is not so good on this one for a reason I'm trying to solve.

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my damn ipv4s its pretty good with the smok tank and the Atty cubed i jope the koopor lives up lol

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure it will. Waiting (impatiently) for my 150w.. Seems like someone is delivering it on foot or something..

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ikr i just ordered it today and checking emails like crazy lol

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered mine last month.. I think the 19th. But I put the zip code wrong so it went back. Then took two days longer than they said to go back out >,<

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll get it eventually tho and I have this new mod to get used to :)

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys kinda new to the building but I recently bought pre made Claptons and love the flavor i have duel Claptons on Atty cubed its awesome but the heat up sooo slow I would like to build something so they heat up faster thanks
I've tried everything I could think of to cure the ramp up issues with claptons, including titanium wire. Waiting on that outer wrap to heat is where I think the delay comes from. I've seen claptons, parralleld with a non clapton. I may try that next.

For now, i'm back to 26 ga Kanthal parallel, 2.5id, 6 wraps, .17 ohm. 2 of these on my Troll, or Velocity RDA produce some vape.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a note on battery life. I only own one regulated device and it's a dual 18650, limited edition snow wolf, however it lasts a good 6 or so hours at 90 watts.

Sent from my dos terminal.

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried everything I could think of to cure the ramp up issues with claptons, including titanium wire. Waiting on that outer wrap to heat is where I think the delay comes from. I've seen claptons, parralleld with a non clapton. I may try that next.

For now, i'm back to 26 ga Kanthal parallel, 2.5id, 6 wraps, .17 ohm. 2 of these on my Troll, or Velocity RDA produce some vape.
The best I've seen is using nichrome in the grooves of the coil after its wrapped, since it heats up faster. I don't have any experience in it though and all the ones I've seen are on dual 18650 mechs.

Sent from my dos terminal.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you get it?

VAPE ON
No and I think I know why.. It ended up in San Bernardino shortly after that shooting.. So I'm not sure if they're being extra cautious on the mail going through there or not..

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapedna just shipped mine I ordered it Wednesday with 2 day shipping

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's newest try. Didn't have enough Nichrome. All Kantal, Clapton (fused 28, 32 wrap), parallel with 26ga, 5 wraps, 3.0 ID, .12 ohm on a Troll. Initially still feels slow, and a cooler vape. Visually seemed to heat well, single kanthal heats instantly, and the clapton catches up. It may be that I just like a warm vape and 26 ga Kanthal, parallel, 6 wraps heats the vape faster. I'm gonna play with it a couple days and give it a chance.
06ebdca3-85c9-4ae1-8798-b2e73e1040bf_zpsik6pqeco.jpg

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's newest try. Didn't have enough Nichrome. All Kantal, Clapton (fused 28, 32 wrap), parallel with 26ga, 5 wraps, 3.0 ID, .12 ohm on a Troll. Initially still feels slow, and a cooler vape. Visually seemed to heat well, single kanthal heats instantly, and the clapton catches up. It may be that I just like a warm vape and 26 ga Kanthal, parallel, 6 wraps heats the vape faster. I'm gonna play with it a couple days and give it a chance.
06ebdca3-85c9-4ae1-8798-b2e73e1040bf_zpsik6pqeco.jpg
8ec3f7f11c4f6651d1c01fc507b04ae7.jpg
OK so I tried to build a 28ga twisted but it curels up when heated and it keeps changing omhs when on mod and to be honest I'm kinda scared lol any help guys

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What kind of RDA? Just give it light pulses and try to reinsert whatever you wrapped it on and give it a few tiny wiggles. Repeat as necessary. You can also apply pressure in between doing this with tweezers.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And are you building it on a regulated device? Is that how you know the ohms are changing?

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of RDA? Just give it light pulses and try to reinsert whatever you wrapped it on and give it a few tiny wiggles. Repeat as necessary. You can also apply pressure in between doing this with tweezers.

Krangertech subomh plus

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes ipv4s but i also have a meter to

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Krangertech subomh plus

Honestly, you have me stumped here as I've never built on one of those. I can try to do some research and see if I can help you find a solution tho.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8ec3f7f11c4f6651d1c01fc507b04ae7.jpg
OK so I tried to build a 28ga twisted but it curels up when heated and it keeps changing omhs when on mod and to be honest I'm kinda scared lol any help guys

LOL...I had to look up "curels". The changing resistance is normal with Nickel, or Titanium. That is why you use those two wires in TC. The ohms change as the coil heats or cools. That is how the box is computing the temp. To my knowledge all TC's compute the temp by measuring resistance, none of them are actually measuring the temp. That is why only Nickel, and Titanium wire work. Kanthal does not change resistance as it heats or cools.

Curels,If you mean oxidation develops on the outside of the wire yes. It makes a lot of people nervous especially with Titanium. TIO2 is the concern. Many recommend not letting it get hot enough to oxidize. Bothers me on claptons because I can't see if oxidation is occurring.

Last edited:

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It curls and its A1 kanthal

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly, you have me stumped here as I've never built on one of those. I can try to do some research and see if I can help you find a solution tho.

Please that would be awesome

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you see my post above wasn't sure what you were calling curel.
OK so when inhit the fire button it will curl to on side like up against the post where the screws are

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK so when inhit the fire button it will curl to on side like up against the post where the screws are

If the wire is moving, your getting the wire to hot. the wire is actually starting to melt

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it happening when your buildind shaping and dry firing the coils and glowing them red.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it's just that your leads might not be completely secure. Sure the thicker twisted wire is a bit tougher to get into those posts. Try kind of wrapping the ends around the screws before you tighten them down? I saw a 6 wrap of twisted 28g. How many wraps are you doing?

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just remember 60 watts can get a coil as hot as 100 watts. It just takes longer. Don't overheat the coils, watching them glow red

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't dry burn much over 30 watts - you have to turn the wattage down when you do that!

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just remember 60 watts can get a coil as hot as 100 watts. It just takes longer. Don't overheat the coils, watching them glow red
I think maybe it was too much should inof glow it at a lower watt

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK you guys are awesome so should I discard that coil or can I still use it

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think maybe it was too much should inof glow it at a lower watt

A lower wattage will allow them to heat slower. You will be able to see what is going on, When that coil goes red get off the button, especially with Titanium, and Nickel

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK you guys are awesome so should I discard that coil or can I still use it

LOL, If I oxidize a set. I simply rinse them off under water while still installed on the RDA not going to hurt anything. Just don't get your mod wet.

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, If I oxidize a set. I simply rinse them off under water while still installed on the RDA not going to hurt anything. Just don't get your mod wet.
What do you mean by oxidize

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you mean by oxidize

The white powdery substance that forms on the outside of the wire. Juice can build up on them as well. You can reshape, rebend, whatever. Coils will still work as long as the wire is intact. I am embarrassed to say how long I have run some wire that I liked.

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The white powdery substance that forms on the outside of the wire. Juice can build up on them as well. You can reshape, rebend, whatever. Coils will still work as long as the wire is intact. I am embarrassed to say how long I have run some wire that I liked.
OK well I just put the fire to it no juice lol I'm such a newbie

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK well I just put the fire to it no juice lol I'm such a newbie

I'm just glad to have you vaping.I would bet you are, or a soon to be X smoker. We all started new. It's fun sharing your excitement with your first build. There are some really cool things you can do with wire, and builds. Check out some of the you tube videos by people like twisted messes. There's some really great people here, don't ever hesitate to ask something. Thats what makes it fun.

Villagedavis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just glad to have you vaping.I would bet you are, or a soon to be X smoker. We all started new. It's fun sharing your excitement with your first build. There are some really cool things you can do with wire, and builds. Check out some of the you tube videos by people like twisted messes. There's some really great people here, don't ever hesitate to ask something. Thats what makes it fun.
Yea 4 weeks now no cigs at all feel great too me and the wife both itnjas actually turned in to a hobby i love it found jucie that I love almost can't stay away from my dripper lol but I love my smok tank with the quads too lol

VU Sponsors