Become a Patron!

Want a mech tube but have some ?s

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
whats up,

Looking to buy my first mech tube. I currently use wattage/voltage regulated mods. I do own mech mods but stopped using them when I realized I didn’t know enough about ohms law to use them safely. Now I feel a little more confident and would like to get a tube.

I generally use prebuilt coils and run a single coil on my dead rabbit rda staying around .35-.42 ohms.

I have 3 battery’s I rotate for another single battery mod I have. Should I buy new batteries that I use only for the mech mod?

I use:

Sony VTC4
Sony VTC5
Hohm Life 3077 mah

I’d like to buy something like a rogue clone. Anything I should look out for when buying a clone?

I’m assuming I have to match the diameter of the rda to whatever mech tube I end up with?

Thanks guys

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watch the Vaping Bikers You tube video on Mechs.

Also there is now a 80W regulated tube mod coming out.

The mods with no proper 510 pin in the top known as hybrid mechs are more dangerous than the ones with 510 pins if misused or used with the wrong atty. Never use factory coil tanks on a hybrid mech.

Also running .35 - .42 on a dead rabbit on a mech may be disappointing to ya. will not be a clouds vape and fairly cool vape.
VTC5A is a great mech battery.

Last edited:

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
Those batteries should be fine as long as you stay within the amp limits of them. Also, they need to be in perfect physical condition, no dents or torn wraps. I wouldn't buy new batteries unless your current ones are damaged or really old and the capacity has worn down alot, or you need something with better specs. VTC5A's are probably the best bet for new batteries, but I also like LG HB6 for 30a.

I agree with Cromwell, .35-.42 isn't going to be great (only 42w @ 4.2v & 0.42 ohms, it'll be closer to 30w with voltage drop), I'd aim for around .2 - .25 as a beginner, so just run a dual coil with your prebuilts if they're .4ish single coil. Always check and pulse your builds on a regulated mod or ohm meter, so you can be sure there are no shorts and that your resistance is safe. Double check that the top cap doesn't touch the coil before you put it on your mech. Use atomizers with a protruding STATIC 510 pin if you use a hybrid top cap on your mod. Stay away from subtanks and other things with a 510 positive pin that doesn't protrude or can be pushed back into the atty (non-static) if you're using a hybrid top cap.

http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp <- great site for Ohm's law. For a tube mod, just punch in your resistance and 4.2v, and it'll give you the amperage of the build, which needs to be within the limits of the battery you are using.

Watch youtube reviews on the tube mod you're looking to buy, it'll give you a good understanding of how it works internally and any flaws or things to look out for while you use the mod.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I started out hating mods with single batteries, now I use tubes all day. They make you appreciate your build. If you build sloppy it won't work out.

I've gotten into the habit of when building, using a regulated to tell me the ohms my meter broke. Make sure it's a decent mod, because when building for mechanical every last .01 counts.

I love tubes. I just have 3 batteries like you in rotation and found that's all I need.

I recently got a hybrid and fucking can't put it down. Great little clone. I want to eventually get a high end, but I was too play with tweaking a good solid single coil build low enough to produce good vape and excellent taste.

I have come rather far I must say, because of the knowledge base this forum has going for it and there's always someone willing to help.

Love you guys.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Per mooch always figure your current on a mech at 4.2 volts to give yourself a bit of safety margin when matching your build to your battery.

VU Sponsors