Become a Patron!

Want a more intense vape...

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New guy question.. I'm currently using a Sub box nano. Also a Nebox.
I tried a hit from somebody that was dripping last night. I loved it!
Is there a setup that would be close to the flavor and intensity without dripping, because I don't want to get into that. Thanks!

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sub tank nano with .5 coil. Using .15 coil in the Nebox.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are using low nic, high VG, try higher nic and higher PG...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! i was looking at that. So it's worth the upgrade? I'll notice a difference from the sub tank?
Ooooohhhh yeah! I have the full size and the mini, loving the vapor and huge clouds from the triple and quad coils so much I haven't even gotten around to using the rba yet....ha! Nice, full feel to the vape and the flavor is intense! You won't regret it!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, please be advised, @ChrisL speaks the truth, these tanks are juice thirsty and drink it up like no other....lol! I DIY, so it's no big deal to me, but if you're on a tight vape budget, be advised the TFV4s will more than double your juice consumption. ;)

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great tank, but it reminds me of my pick up. As I drive I can literally watch the fuel gauge go down...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the flavor I'm getting with both these tanks, I'll mix till the cows come home! But if I were still buying juice I'd be HAVING a cow....LOL!!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New guy question.. I'm currently using a Sub box nano. Also a Nebox.
I tried a hit from somebody that was dripping last night. I loved it!
Is there a setup that would be close to the flavor and intensity without dripping, because I don't want to get into that. Thanks!
As others have said already TFV4.I suggest the TFV4-Mini as you got the Subox Nano.The full size TFV4 would just look weird on top of that little thing.
Oh and stay away from Temperature Control stuff as that will not be what you're looking for IMHO.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
As others have said already TFV4.I suggest the TFV4-Mini as you got the Subox Nano.The full size TFV4 would just look weird on top of that little thing.
Oh and stay away from Temperature Control stuff as that will not be what you're looking for IMHO.

Even the mini would look weird on the nano. the nano i believe is like 18 or 20mm across. The TFV4mini is 22mm.

again i think..... lolcould be wrong

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im not sure what wattage that mod goes to but the Uwell Crown is a great option as well. The flavor and clouds and pretty awesome. Same as with the TFV4 though it sucks up juice. I DIY as well but the Crown is what made me start mixing lol i just could not afford to keep filling that tank. I have probably gone through 6-7 ml's already today

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even the mini would look weird on the nano. the nano i believe is like 18 or 20mm across. The TFV4mini is 22mm.

again i think..... lolcould be wrong
Everything I've ever seen on the Nano lists it as 22mm.The nano tank however is 19mm

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd also add that every tank that has been mentioned here will be seriously underpowered with a K-box Nano.

The nano, just like the Mini, can't fire below .3; so you slap a .5 dual coil Crown on and fire it up. Two hours later your battery has gone from fully charged to stone dead and you're praying to the vape gods for a dual battery mod.

Forget about the TFv4's quad and sextuple coils.

That is unless you're planning on slapping in a 1+ ohm single coil.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Everything I've ever seen on the Nano lists it as 22mm.The nano tank however is 19mm

hmmmm yah i wasnt sure. Thought it was smaller then the subox mini. but ehh lol

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the tips! I should have mentioned I'm picking up a IPV4...not going to put that beast of a tank on my nano!
Will get the TFV4 for sure.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd also add that every tank that has been mentioned here will be seriously underpowered with a K-box Nano.

The nano, just like the Mini, can't fire below .3; so you slap a .5 dual coil Crown on and fire it up. Two hours later your battery has gone from fully charged to stone dead and you're praying to the vape gods for a dual battery mod.

Forget about the TFv4's quad and sextuple coils.

That is unless you're planning on slapping in a 1+ ohm single coil.

There are no single coils for the TFV4-Mini.
It's dual coils or better.
He's looking for flavor not huge clouds therefore those quads and sextuplet coils aren't going to what he wants.
TFV4-Mini + SMOK TFV4 TF-T2 Dual Coils = Happiness for the original poster.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are no single coils for the TFV4-Mini.
It's dual coils or better.
He's looking for flavor not huge clouds therefore those quads and sextuplet coils aren't going to what he wants.
TFV4-Mini + SMOK TFV4 TF-T2 Dual Coils = Happiness for the original poster.
https://originvape.com/product/smok-tf-t2/

They're not single coils, but they're 1+ ohm.

I wasn't specifically referring to the TFv4, but the tanks referenced in general.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://originvape.com/product/smok-tf-t2/

They're not single coils, but they're 1+ ohm.

I wasn't specifically referring to the TFv4, but the tanks referenced in general.

Not that it matters the OP decided to buy a dual battery box mod that they will probably never really need.Rather than the damn tank they asked about in the first place.
Sorry but shit like that drives me nuts.Sometimes I wonder why I even try to help people at all.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A mod upgrade is not a bad thing, but it will not solve the initial issue Erik. Until you upgrade your tank the only thing you're going to benefit from is battery life by carrying 2. You are still limited by your tank and coils. The Kanger 0.5ohm OCC coils are limited to 30 watts if I remember correctly. I REALLY like my TFV4, but like others have mentioned, it is a thirsty tank.

Just curious why you don't want to try dripping on your own? Does it look too intimidating? I love my tank for traveling, but at home I just can't see filling a tank over and over.

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
must have missed it, but why no rda?

I prefer a rda, and only use my tank when I am not at home.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not that it matters the OP decided to buy a dual battery box mod that they will probably never really need.Rather than the damn tank they asked about in the first place.
Sorry but shit like that drives me nuts.Sometimes I wonder why I even try to help people at all.
I'm buying the tank and the mod. Sorry to aggravate you with my questions. Jeez

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
TFV4 @ 110w with Quad is about as close to a RDA you can get...

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the tips. After some research I decided to go with a uwell crown tank and ipv4s . Wife is getting me the mod for Xmas! Cant wait to try it...will let you know how it goes.

rampagedRXreg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recommend personally the Mutation MT. Its an RTA the build deck is amazing just like an RDA but its a tank. The hit that it produces is amazing for a tank and its a great way to get started into building.

Last edited:

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love my Crown, i diy because of how fast it goes through juice. Totally worth it!

rampagedRXreg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm planning on getting started with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly, sounds like you'd like an RTA, a rebuildable tank atomizer. The TFV4 is a great tank because it has not only a myriad of prebuilt coils but also a number of effective rebuildable heads that can support very different vape characteristics.

Building coils isn't hard at all, and it's also a pretty fun little hobby. I built out my Aromamizer today (which also has newly released prebuilt coils) with a dual Clapton build. It vapes nearly exactly like a dripper, but holds a ton of juice for all day vaping.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just put in a temp coil...so much better! I never knew vaping could be this good

tony09

Member For 4 Years
I'm kind of in a similar spot. I have a 4 hour daily commute to work and back and use a tank in the car (high voltage sub ohm, which will be replaced when I run out of coils) and an rda for everything else. When I switch to the rda it's soooooo much better!! Wish it were easier to fill in LA traffic!!

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just put in a temp coil...so much better! I never knew vaping could be this good

Temp control is really nice for delivering a consistent vape every pull. No worries about dry hits (in theory) and just a no frills way to vape. It's great for smokers in a way because it's nearly as predictable and once it's dialed in, it's ver comfortable.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm kind of in a similar spot. I have a 4 hour daily commute to work and back and use a tank in the car (high voltage sub ohm, which will be replaced when I run out of coils) and an rda for everything else. When I switch to the rda it's soooooo much better!! Wish it were easier to fill in LA traffic!!
My first 47 years I was in the South Bay, and have been in S.E. Az for 7, and do not miss the 405,110,605,5, etc... one bit! Takes me 10 mins to get to work now. Still miss the beach:cool:.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Call me crazy, but I think I'm using half the amount of juice since putting in the temp control coil.??

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coils like Claptons in my experience definitely consume a bit more juice and battery power. They take a bit longer to heat up, but produce a nice thick vapor because of the surface area. But they also retain a lot of heat because of the amount of wire. My velocity will "smolder" for a good 10 seconds which is still using juice. I'll take the trade off for flavor. Everyone has different tastes and preferences though and that's the beauty of all of the options on the market right now (fingers crossed it stays that way). Glad to hear you really like your setup!!

VU Sponsors