Become a Patron!

Want to biuld a mod box

lance.surface.3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello trying to find out the best way to wire up a dual26650 mod box regulated if possable . Anyone have a good way for me thx u

lance.surface.3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now can u hook up a potentiometer to this without a chip

lance.surface.3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would u suggest parallel over series.?????? Whats the difference in vaping

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Parallel gives you same volts, double amps. (4.2 volts, double battery rated amps.) Series gives you double volts, same amps. (8.4 volts, same rated battery amps.)

Differences are when you build @ 4.2 volts you can build down to say .125 ohms with out any problems. If you are using a mosfet though it's recommended to stay above .5 ohms because mosfets are not rated to go much under that. This would be basically the same thing as running a single cell mechanical mod as far as performance. Just now you have a longer battery life that you are using 2 batteries instead of one. @ 8.4 volts you are increasing your output by double and a .5 ohm build will be blazing hot. You should now be building coils @ .8 ohms and still be just as hot as a .5 ohm build. From what I have noticed the coil will light up faster as well it seems.

If you want to get into the math of it find a ohms law calculator and punch in the numbers. Just google ohms law calculator. All you need is two numbers to get a result. You need your ohms. Say .5 for your ohms and 8.4 for a series volts. .... which would be 16 amps and 145 watts output.

link to the calculator:
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

lance.surface.3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank u for the the info . Hoping soon to make my mod .

lance.surface.3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just bought the dimitri mod box. Have one problem with it. Fire button doesn't. Have lockout like they advertise. .doe anyone have this issue. How can this be fixed

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I have heard both authentic and clone versions of the dimitri have issues with the lock. Also hundreds of the authentic have been sent back because of the button shocking them bad. I know the owner of one of my local vape shops was shocked so bad with his it left both an arch burn on the button and on his thumb. He also ended up having issues with the lock as well.

I did see where someone had posted that they took their button apart and for what ever reason when it was reassembled it was locking as it should. Lol I have one coming in the mail in the next week or so. If your still having issues by then maybe I can better help with it once I have one in my hand.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Parallel gives you same volts, double amps. (4.2 volts, double battery rated amps.) Series gives you double volts, same amps. (8.4 volts, same rated battery amps.)

Differences are when you build @ 4.2 volts you can build down to say .125 ohms with out any problems. If you are using a mosfet though it's recommended to stay above .5 ohms because mosfets are not rated to go much under that. This would be basically the same thing as running a single cell mechanical mod as far as performance. Just now you have a longer battery life that you are using 2 batteries instead of one. @ 8.4 volts you are increasing your output by double and a .5 ohm build will be blazing hot. You should now be building coils @ .8 ohms and still be just as hot as a .5 ohm build. From what I have noticed the coil will light up faster as well it seems.

If you want to get into the math of it find a ohms law calculator and punch in the numbers. Just google ohms law calculator. All you need is two numbers to get a result. You need your ohms. Say .5 for your ohms and 8.4 for a series volts. .... which would be 16 amps and 145 watts output.

link to the calculator:
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php
Would a double mosfet allow for the under .5?

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never used more then one mosfet so no idea there. If your really looking for something that would act as a sub ohm though just go with a series build. It would give you double your volts and there would be no need in going below .5 ohms because it would be just as good as building a .25 ohm. The coil would act the same as if you were going below .5 ohms.

Really it would be nice if people would just go series. With higher ohm coils your less likely to go over the limitations of your battery, mosfets, and switches.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
makes me almost wish I absconded with the really nice weller set up they had at work before I left.
Tight funds + desires = frustration.

lance.surface.3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just worked on my dimitri box. Fixed. The fire button. Had to file down the positive. Connector on switch contact. To allow correct travel. Was poorly put together. Now it works good and locks.... just put my 26650 plume veil with a .40 coil build. Hitting real good

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Differences are when you build @ 4.2 volts you can build down to say .125 ohms with out any problems. If you are using a mosfet though it's recommended to stay above .5 ohms because mosfets are not rated to go much under that.
Can't quite figure what you mean by that. Mosfets are rated for AMPs and VOLTs (among other things.) Nor can anyone ever vape @ 4.2V without a regulator, there will always be some sag under load, especially with low subΩ builds.

That said even using 4.2V @ 0.09 we will be pulling ~ 47A. Actually measuring loaded voltage we will be <40A.

Looking at the mosfet listed in the diagram it seems to be easily able to handle any and all that can be thrown at it in a vaping environment. I would imagine in the real world .04Ω should be well with spec. The limiting factor here will be the batteries, not the mosfet.

http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irlb3034pbf.pdf

VU Sponsors