Become a Patron!

Want to build mech Squonker

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Hey everyone,
Lately I’ve really been wanting to build my own mod. Something simple at first. Like a single battery mech Squonker. I just don’t know where to begin. I’m looking for information on where to get good components and what type of special knowledge I would need to build something like this.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Modmaker has everything. Floris is a great delrin box to start with. Google Floris box mods.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Floris website is down for maintenance :/ but I have seen a lot of good stuff. I’m pretty excited to try this.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my orca. One of the two I did. The other was a wooden mech kit from ebay. Was a 20700. Also broscience.com has internals squonk stuff and everything you'd need stateside. Floris delphino is definitely a great way to go. Before you order just make sure you get the right countersink for the 510.if you decide to use a washer so it's flush or sits on top. Plenty of people to help here. :cheers:

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
I love my orca. One of the two I did. The other was a wooden mech kit from ebay. Was a 20700. Also broscience.com has internals squonk stuff and everything you'd need stateside. Floris delphino is definitely a great way to go. Before you order just make sure you get the right countersink for the 510.if you decide to use a washer so it's flush or sits on top. Plenty of people to help here. :cheers:

Hey, cross thread buddy lol. Thanks for the info!
A counter sink is a hole essentially right? So what you’re saying is if I decide to go with a 22mm washer I’d need a 22mm counter sink on the outside of the 510 hole?

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Hey, cross thread buddy lol. Thanks for the info!
A counter sink is a hole essentially right? So what you’re saying is if I decide to go with a 22mm washer I’d need a 22mm counter sink on the outside of the 510 hole?

Or rather around the 510 hole.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It'll be like a 22mm across like the rda. But the height of the washer. .5mm tall I believe. It was kinda odd to me at first. But if I remember correctly the it's 1mm deep hole. The 510 sits inside the washer. So I think it was.5mm510 and .5mm washer

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should be able to look on broscience and see about getting the matching pieces. The 510 is 16mm across. Sits in the .5recess of the washer which is 22m
6dada562f36d94d4f751236017d39c2d.jpg
4602a679db30ec7bf5c6c567c21d31b3.jpg

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Should be able to look on broscience and see about getting the matching pieces. The 510 is 16mm across. Sits in the .5recess of the washer which is 22m
6dada562f36d94d4f751236017d39c2d.jpg
4602a679db30ec7bf5c6c567c21d31b3.jpg

I think I’m following you. It’s a little confusing though. There is a 1mm hole. You put the .5mm washer in first, then the .5mm 510 which would make it flush with the deck

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's late. Lemme rethink what I said tomorrow. Hopefully someone else will jump in too. I may have my measurements off.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I’m following you. It’s a little confusing though. There is a 1mm hole. You put the .5mm washer in first, then the .5mm 510 which would make it flush with the deck

Actually yes exactly

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll still have to cut the contacts but these come pre drilled. I use a little punch tool to make bumps for the battery contacts. You'll have fun and it's rewarding.

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
You'll still have to cut the contacts but these come pre drilled. I use a little punch tool to make bumps for the battery contacts. You'll have fun and it's rewarding.

They sell them flat right? So I’m guessing you bend or cut them? With what?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bend and cut and shape. Geekayvapes has a video on YouTube making a mech custom. Pretty informative

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Yeah I saw that one. Good stuff. Also read article with price options for complete parts lists. It’s usually sub $100 so that’s always a plus

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a old floris box he changed the design some so it has cut outs to see fancy battery wraps.
73dcf9bfe10e1877b27431af222eb25f.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's who made mine to begin with minimal. It's had several upgrades since then lol

huh? I don't understand. That's one that I built. I've done 3 total I believe.

I think the link is messed up. I'll fix in on the computer instead of tapatalk.

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Needle nose pliers. I would suggest getting silver plated if you can. Squonk america sells contacts and 510 that are very nice silver plated.

Yeah that was definitely my thoughts, too

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang that’s so cool.

Yes I have had and have several and it's still my favorite. It is my favorite mech but I've gotten away from mechs and squonking a little but I'll never get rid of it even if I quit vaping lol

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Yes I have had and have several and it's still my favorite. It is my favorite mech but I've gotten away from mechs and squonking a little but I'll never get rid of it even if I quit vaping lol

Haha I hear ya. How hard was it to build?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha I hear ya. How hard was it to build?

Not hard I didn't build it to begin with but I have redone it. I built couple of 3d printed ones off shapways. I have made about 5 doors for it lol my garage therapy time I live with 4 women 3 daughters and wife. I'll take some pictures when I get home.

jgarrison34

Bronze Contributor
Not hard I didn't build it to begin with but I have redone it. I built couple of 3d printed ones off shapways. I have made about 5 doors for it lol my garage therapy time I live with 4 women 3 daughters and wife. I'll take some pictures when I get home.

That’s good to hear. Haha thanks that’d be great

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What contacts did you use? And you have to bend and dimple them right? That seems sketch to me.. I feel like I’d screw it up haha

It's easy. I'm a truck driver and I did it.

VU Sponsors