Become a Patron!

Want to get more serious with vaping. Need suggestions

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, Im getting a vision spinner 2 today after using my boyfriends old ego twist, but afret gething his fixed he wants to get back inot vaping. After talking with an employee, he was planning on teaching master classes to people that would want to get more into vaping. He was willing to teach me everything I'd need to know and it seemed like a cool thing to pick up as a hobby. I want to get both a box mod (more of a leisure put in juice and go like I do now) and a mechanical mod (more of a I'm going to mess around and fiddle with coils). I'd also want some new atomizer both a tank and an RDA. I'm looking to spend $120 for the mods and see suggestions for the atomizers. Probably $160 for entire set. Thanks for the help! Oh, and is a spinner 2 a good buy? Thanks

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A Spinner is a decent buy to start out with. Many people are quite happy with staying with that type, too. I used similar batteries myself for work for quite a while. With that said, if you end up going the box route, I think you might abandon your Spinner. That's kind of what happened with me. I rarely use those types now.

As far as boxes and mechs, I know you'll get answers from people way more knowledgeable about those than me.

Good luck!

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A Spinner is a decent buy to start out with. Many people are quite happy with staying with that type, too. I used similar batteries myself for work for quite a while. With that said, if you end up going the box route, I think you might abandon your Spinner. That's kind of what happened with me. I rarely use those types now.

As far as boxes and mechs, I know you'll get answers from people way more knowledgeable about those than me.

Good luck!
Yeah, I know I may abandon my spinner. I'm getting it so I have something to use until I get my upgrades and not to have to share the ego. Thank you for the help with the spinner!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can play with coils on a regulated box mod as well..Consider it much safer also.

I would check out the new eleaf 100w..it can provide more power than a mechanical box mod and is much safer should you make a mistake with a coil...$for $40.00 or so ,its a no brainer with the eleaf for that much power.

Should you decide on a mechanical box mod be sure it uses a mosfet for protection...Generally a well made mechanical box mod will surpass or be close to your suggested budget....dont forget to invest in a high quality ohm meter as well.

Also consider in the budget a quality charger and the proper batteries depending on what device you choose.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use pen/Ego style batteries for work. They work great if you look for one that has at least 5 volts or 15 watts of power.
Check out the Tesla Spider II, the Kangertech IPow II, MJ Tech Ola x. They cost about 17-25 bucks each. I use mine with the Nautilus Mini tank, and I can go all day on one charge. Of course, these are mouth to lung devices, so I up the nic levels to 18 for a strong throat hit and a satisfying vape. You can get these at Fasttech and Discount vapors.

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can play with coils on a regulated box mod as well..Consider it much safer also.

I would check out the new eleaf 100w..it can provide more power than a mechanical box mod and is much safer should you make a mistake with a coil...$for $40.00 or so ,its a no brainer with the eleaf for that much power.

Should you decide on a mechanical box mod be sure it uses a mosfet for protection...Generally a well made mechanical box mod will surpass or be close to your suggested budget....dont forget to invest in a high quality ohm meter as well.

Also consider in the budget a quality charger and the proper batteries depending on what device you choose.
I'm really diggin the eleaf. It's everything I want at a price that won't kill my wallet. As you said that I can play with coils on a box mod is it through the atomizers? Or can I actually mess with the coils from the mod? Thanks!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A regulated box mod has built in protections, where as a mosfet protected unregulated box is more for advanced users.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For your mechanical I would wholeheartedly suggest you jump all over this. A few months back it was selling for 120$ and worth every bit of it.
http://www.vaporbeast.com/smk-flagship-mechanical-mod.html

For your boxmod/regulated I assume? You could spend as little as 40-50$ on an ipv$d2 or maybe something like the sigelei150tc for around 80$ ...upside is that its reliable, well made and plenty of power. https://101vape.com/vvvw-box-mods/730-sigelei-150-watt-tc.html
For an RDA, the tugboat production is a great RDA to start on! That or the stro mini, easy to build on and great flavor.
http://www.mojovapor.com/product/mini-stro-rda/

bcf3463

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, Im getting a vision spinner 2 today after using my boyfriends old ego twist, but afret gething his fixed he wants to get back inot vaping. After talking with an employee, he was planning on teaching master classes to people that would want to get more into vaping. He was willing to teach me everything I'd need to know and it seemed like a cool thing to pick up as a hobby. I want to get both a box mod (more of a leisure put in juice and go like I do now) and a mechanical mod (more of a I'm going to mess around and fiddle with coils). I'd also want some new atomizer both a tank and an RDA. I'm looking to spend $120 for the mods and see suggestions for the atomizers. Probably $160 for entire set. Thanks for the help! Oh, and is a spinner 2 a good buy? Thanks
I was so happy with using a istick and a kanger aerotank v2 or emow mega cannot go wrong and both together about 50.00 such a good couple also you can get great juice and you can mix at crystal canyon . It helped me to stop smoking and have fun too

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got into building my coils and couldn't be happier with my subtank v2. Eventually I'll prob upgrade to a zephyrus.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was so happy with using a istick and a kanger aerotank v2 or emow mega cannot go wrong and both together about 50.00 such a good couple also you can get great juice and you can mix at crystal canyon . It helped me to stop smoking and have fun too
It's a ball! Enjoy something that won't hurt you & learn things too. Cloud Chasin06.jpg

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got into building my coils and couldn't be happier with my subtank v2. Eventually I'll prob upgrade to a zephyrus.

The zephyrus is a great tank, but it runs best above 40w with high VG juice. I got one about 5 days ago and it's killing it in terms of vapor production. Tons of airflow compared to the Subtank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brittbritt213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the suggests! I'm getting a better idea of what to get. I'm torn on getting the eleaf 100w or the sigelei 150 tc. Would it be wise to consider an Ipv3 or the IPV4? Thanks again for the help guys!

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The zephyrus is a great tank, but it runs best above 40w with high VG juice. I got one about 5 days ago and it's killing it in terms of vapor production. Tons of airflow compared to the Subtank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Airflow really? I know it chucks clouds and eats juice ( I DIY juice thank god) but can't see airflow being much more open than my v2.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When your finished getting "serious" with vaping equipment ( as in been there, done that ), Get you three inexpensive Istick 30's to keep in rotation charging ( one to keep in your hand, one for a back up in your car or truck, scooter or dog sled and one on the charger), three Kayfun 4 clones, learn to build a 1.1 to 1.3 ohm coil and then learn to DIY. Have one tug boat or one of the hundereds of similar drippers to test your new DIY juices. Your done.

DIY being the key here if you want to get serious

Just my two cents.

VU Sponsors