Become a Patron!

Want to quit smoking and start vaping, but having issue

Right now I smoke a pack a day since starting a medication, I want to quit for my health but I need a substitute, been smoking for a long time. Also can't take chantix.

I was looking at starting Vaping so I bought a logic e cig (black, 1.8%) to see what it was like. It pulls nice and is enjoyable, was gonna buy a legit one that was a little stronger.

However I am getting this irritation on the back of my tounge that is unpleasant. It is not necessarily burning, but it is definitely coming from the e cig. Looked up cause online but I wasn't sure if what was being described is the same thing.

Any input is helpful, I would like to quit smoking and just do vaping.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a reaction to Pg or Vg, components in the mixture of Ejuice, you may be sensitive to one or the other, What is your Ejuice ratio on these?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are the listed ingredients in the Logic: Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Purified Water, Nicotine, Terpineol, Methylfurfural, Vanilla Extract, Vanillin, Menthol.
I've no idea what a couple of them are....o_O

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found this through Wikipedia - "Terpineol is a naturally occurring monoterpene alcohol that has been isolated from a variety of sources such as cajuput oil, pine oil, and petitgrain oil. Wikipedia"
And this from a chemical website, assuming it's a component of the flavoring - "For R&D Use and/or Food Manufacturing only"

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you need to find the correct
EJUICE
NICOTINE MG
PG/VG RATIO
ATOMIZER
OHMS
That works for you
Start by going to a VAPE shop

The irritation sensation you are experiencing is coming from the ejuice
And
Nicotine...
There's a lot of hit or missed in VAPING
It's up to you to find it
If you think VAPING is the one that will make you quit the stinkies..

Don't be discourage
Good luck..

VAPE ON

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
These are the listed ingredients in the Logic: Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Purified Water, Nicotine, Terpineol, Methylfurfural, Vanilla Extract, Vanillin, Menthol.
I've no idea what a couple of them are....o_O
This right here is why those gas station bastards need removed from the market.
4 ingrediants max non of this added bullshit.

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome aborad
you need to find the correct
EJUICE
NICOTINE MG
PG/VG RATIO
ATOMIZER
OHMS
That works for you
Start by going to a VAPE shop

The irritation sensation you are experiencing is coming from the ejuice
And
Nicotine...
There's a lot of hit or missed in VAPING
It's up to you to find it
If you think VAPING is the one that will make you quit the stinkies..

Don't be discourage
Good luck..

VAPE ON
I totally agree.
I tried those stick e-cigs a couple years ago and it wasn't working for me so I went back to smoking.
I smoked for 30+ years and went to a vape shop just over a month ago.
I tried different setups and different juices.
I walked out of there with something I really enjoy and still at it.
Go to a vape shop as suggested and visit with them and try different things.

Good luck and welcome aboard.
Tom

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, my first was a Blu.....made me crave cigarettes....lol! Truthfully, I think there was just enough nicotine in them to tease me, not nearly enough for a pack and a half a day smoker like I was.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright thanks a lot for the responses. I'm gonna try a legit vape which is 100% pg free:
Good luck, that's a wise choice.
Keep in mind a lot of flavorings are PG based. A lot of PG sensitive folks find ~20% PG is ok for them, so experiment some to find if that was truly the issue.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep in mind that it may well have been one of the other ingredients causing your reaction, not PG. It will be up to you to determine that for sure by trying actual juices, not pre-filled cartridges.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck, that's a wise choice.
Keep in mind a lot of flavorings are PG based. A lot of PG sensitive folks find ~20% PG is ok for them, so experiment some to find if that was truly the issue.
I mix for a guy who can't go over 10%, makes his tongue and throat swell. :eek:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This poor guy is on daily medication just to handle the 10%. I've meant to ask him if he's allergic to PG in anything else, like food and beverage items, or if it's just vaping related.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This poor guy is on daily medication just to handle the 10%. I've meant to ask him if he's allergic to PG in anything else, like food and beverage items, or if it's just vaping related.
Wow! He takes meds to deal with a PG tolerance issue, to keep away from cigs?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The cig-a-likes are worthless crap never worked for me. Go to a vape shop even if you get a 10.00 e-go kit you'll be better off. Try some of there e-liquids and find one you like, as far as the nic level goes you may want to start with an 18 or 12 (I started with 24 but I smoked 2pk a day plus cigars.)The day I got an e-go kit was the day I quit and never looked back.

Terpineol, Methylfurfural,
Don't know what the hell those are but I wouldn't vape anything that has added chemicals. PG, VG, Nic and food flavorings (all FDA approved) are all you need.

Almost forgot; Welcome to the VU.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors