Become a Patron!

Want to Use Mech Mods

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Hello....

I have been researching Mech Mods for sometime and i think i want to give it a try. Based on all i could research (have a lot more to do) i have come to the below set up plan:

1.) Regular Mech Mod and Not Hybrid (Hit ithin)
2.) Coil Set Up: 0.3 - 0.5 ohm
3.) Battery - Sony VTC4/ LG HG2

I am planning to use mech mods only at home for now till i am comfortable and will have the battery inside the tube only when i am using it. Now i have few more questions for which i cant find a straight answer:

1.) Can i use any RDA on a non hybrid Mech Mod.
2.) I don't have battery Volt reader. Can i do without it and initially how will i know that the battery is getting weak don't want to push the battery).
3.) I have read that in Hybrid Mech mod u first put that atty and then the battery, does it apply to a regular Mech Mod (apologies if i am not using the correct lingo)
4.) Any feedback on Hit ithin Mod

I have been vaping for 4 months now and have been making coils for the last two. I am very comfortable with the coil building process and also have the Ohm reader. In addition i have a set of various style prebuild coils as well.

need you inputs on is it too early. Should i use single 18650 tube or start with dual battery mods like NOISY cricket V2

any input is much appreciated.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Hello....

I have been researching Mech Mods for sometime and i think i want to give it a try. Based on all i could research (have a lot more to do) i have come to the below set up plan:

I am planning to use mech mods only at home for now till i am comfortable and will have the battery inside the tube only when i am using it. Now i have few more questions for which i cant find a straight answer:

2.) I don't have battery Volt reader. Can i do without it and initially how will i know that the battery is getting weak don't want to push the battery).
3.) I have read that in Hybrid Mech mod u first put that atty and then the battery, does it apply to a regular Mech Mod (apologies if i am not using the correct lingo)

I have been vaping for 4 months now and have been making coils for the last two. I am very comfortable with the coil building process and also have the Ohm reader. In addition i have a set of various style prebuild coils as well.

need you inputs on is it too early. Should i use single 18650 tube or start with dual battery mods like NOISY cricket V2

any input is much appreciated.
First of all, the original Noisy Cricket is a hybrid series mech mod. .3 is too low ohm to use on that, but .5 would be fine (that's what I use on my NC. For a single battery tube mod .5 is too high ohm to use on it. You won't get much vapor off of it. I would recommend a .2-.3Ω build personally.

My personal opinion, I would invest in a Noisy Cricket II-25. This mod will allow you to use it in parallel OR series. Also, if your build is too low ohm, it won't fire. A great safety feature. I think that is a great first mech for anyone.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yes, any 510 atomizer, RDA or RTA

Yes and no.... There are people that build that low, but your battery will last so much less and at least while learning and getting to know your mech, I would not go lower than 0.5.

I have never used a "hybrid" so I dont know, Im sure others will let you know.

The Anatolian Hit ithin Mod is an excellent Mech and right now they are at close out prices. Its simple to take apart and maintain ( clean, not a big deal )

The Nanos by MMV is another amazing mech and if there are still any left you can get one for 50.00 in brass, Its a little more complicated as far as tear down, but again, not a big deal, but it being modular you can use any 18000 series battery.

Both are great performers with the Nanos being extremely hard hitting, with almost no voltage loss. THe Anatolian is amazing too,

I have both and love them.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

You need something - both to check battery voltage and your coil builds for resistance and/or shorts. You can't skip these especially when new to mechs. You will develop a "feel" for when your performance dropoff equals time to recharge but it's too easy for a beginner to overshoot and drain their battery below minimum safe levels.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@midknight420 what set up do you use on Noisy Cricket 2. I am a not very clear on the series and parallel (i understand the concept). However i am not sure how this will impact the set up of your coil. from what i understand it means that if i run parallel you can do low ohms as u have higher AMP and Volts and thus if you use .5 or higher it will be too hard a hit....m i in even close in my understanding or i am way off..

What is your ideal set up
Noisy Cricket 2 has a 510 pin so i am guessing all RDA will work fine on them?

appreciate your thoughts...

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@anavidfan i am little confused in the post above it was highlighted that 0.5 ohm will be too high for a tube Mod.....will .5 or higher will have an impact on flavor and clouds. I prefer warm flavorful vape....

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It all depends on your tastes. I set up my atties at around .70 to 1.0 and for me thats perfect. Lower than .70 feels hot for me.

I think you would be fine at .50 since its what you like. I just figured since this is your first mech, to stick to that and go lower as you get used to vaping with on a mech.

Its all about whats finding your perfect build for your tastes. The higher the resistance the cooler is basic , but a lot also depends on the atty. Some have very small chambers so 0.50 might be warmer on that versus a deck that is wider with a high or larger top cap.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are quite right. In series you would double the voltage, so 2x4.2v 18650's would produce 8.4v at a full charge. Lots of warm flavorful vapor. With parallel you want to stay lower ohm, but not super subohm (below .1Ω). I just built a .2Ω 2x26g parallel dual coil for my tube mod. This will make allot of flavor and vapor, but not as warm as a .5Ω series build would be.

With the NC II-25 You could do both builds. And it would fire the parallel build if you had the mod set up in series mod. A good safe first mech mod to begin with and even still good when you become more advanced. As all around good mod and I LOVE this thing.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
e warmer on that versus a deck that is wider with a high or larger top cap.

Thanks.....so i will experiment to see what fits the taste....m guessing will have to do it for each RDA........So as a rule of thumb can i assume that if i build above 0.2 ohm it should be safe on a Mech mod

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.....so i will experiment to see what fits the taste....m guessing will have to do it for each RDA........So as a rule of thumb can i assume that if i build above 0.2 ohm it should be safe on a Mech mod
Yes, should be plenty safe. .2-.3 no problem and good vapor production too

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@midknight420 do you run the noisy cricket in Series or Parallel...plus regulated (volt control) or unregulated Mod.

Can u share your ideal set up which you use on Noisy cricket......apologies for so many questions

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That depends on the batteries you are using, and if you are using a single battery tube or parallel setup, or series.

For series, 0.2 would be much too low and dangerous. For a parallel mech, or a tube mech using suitable batteries such as the VTC5A, 0.2 will be fine.

I wouldn't actually advise the noisy cricket if you are unsure between parallel and series, as things can go wrong very quickly with any mech, series is providing a lot more power so will add a bit more to the mix you do not want while learning.

You will need some type of meter as well, as you need to be able to test the resistance of your coils, preferably with a dedicated Ohm reader. A good charger has a voltage readout, or a multimeter will do if your charger does not show this.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That depends on the batteries you are using, and if you are using a single battery tube or parallel setup, or series.

For series, 0.2 would be much too low and dangerous. For a parallel mech, or a tube mech using suitable batteries such as the VTC5A, 0.2 will be fine.

I wouldn't actually advise the noisy cricket if you are unsure between parallel and series, as things can go wrong very quickly with any mech, series is providing a lot more power so will add a bit more to the mix you do not want while learning.

You will need some type of meter as well, as you need to be able to test the resistance of your coils, preferably with a dedicated Ohm reader. A good charger has a voltage readout, or a multimeter will do if your charger does not show this.

Right now i have two option Tube Mod ithin which i am trying to get my hands on or Noisy Cricket V2. If i get th enoisy cricket i am only planning to run it in VV regulated mod initially (series) with build not lower then 0.4. If i use the parallel then i intend to build 0.2 - 0.25. i am guessing this should be safe.

I do not plan to go unregulated in series initially.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have coil master Ohm reader already and will get a multi-meter soon to check for volts

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO you should understand ohms law before you start building on any type of mech mod. If you understand ohms law then you will be able to answer these questions about how low can I build and what is safe. Ohms law is the relationship of volts, amps , and resistance. So you would start with what battery you are using and find out the amp limit of that battery. Next are you using it in parallel or series. Parallel would be 4.2 v or series would be 8.4 volts. Then you can calculate the resistance of the coil you want to build. If you build a .25 ohm coil you could plug the values into a calculator and see how many amps will be produced and then check to see if it's safe for the batteries you have selected. For me a solid understanding of these principals will allow you to be safe with using an unregulated mod.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only regulated part of the NC V2 is series regulated from 2-6v. And it won't let you run a .2 and series of any kind. To run that mod in series you will have to build at least a .4 coil or it won't even fire.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to go mech start with either a tube or parallel box... no series.....YOU MUST HAVE A VOLT OHM METER. You need the meter for testing the battery the mod the atty and the build. You should also have a 510 meter.

I would learn to build at .5 or higher.. 1ohm would be best. Mistakes are less hazardous the higher you build.

When I started building 1ohm was for cloud chasing and less than 1 ohm was suicidal. Just saying

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lets say i only use the Noisy Cricket for parallel and stick to .3 ohm.....and with a fully charged battery i will get 4.2V which equates to roughly 59 Watts......Now my question is if i use the same wattage on a regulated Mod will there be a difference in Vape experience or no change at all....if there will be a difference which is better.......I know i am not really ready for a series mod though i can build coils easily and do have all the equipment to ensure correct resistance.

So does a Parallel Mech mod vape same as regulated if the parameters (Ohm Volt & Wattage) are identical?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
T
Lets say i only use the Noisy Cricket for parallel and stick to .3 ohm.....and with a fully charged battery i will get 4.2V which equates to roughly 59 Watts......Now my question is if i use the same wattage on a regulated Mod will there be a difference in Vape experience or no change at all....if there will be a difference which is better.......I know i am not really ready for a series mod though i can build coils easily and do have all the equipment to ensure correct resistance.

So does a Parallel Mech mod vape same as regulated if the parameters (Ohm Volt & Wattage) are identical?

The better one will be the one you like best........... The Regulated mod will give you more than 1 hit at the starting wattage. The mech will be a little less watts with each hit till the battery is drained. Also even at the same wattage they may FEEL different because of HOW the wattage is created or supplied. Actually NO wattage is supplied voltage is, watts are produced. Because as the coil heats the resistance changes... The regulated mod will adjust voltage to maintain a wattage. The mech only can supply the volts available in the battery. This voltage is always going downward never up and never constant.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
510 pin length on your atty doesn't matter with the Anatolian Hit it IThin in hybrid mode b/c it uses a traditional pin system, not direct to battery connection, so you will be quite safe in that department ;)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well, assuming you adjust for the voltage dropping in the mech as the battery drains on the regulated mod, the experience would be similar, although a lot of people find mechanical mods to feel smoother due to the way voltage is supplied to the coil without going through a DC-DC convertor.

If you didn't adjust for this, and set a regulated mod at 59W, there will be a noticeable difference even from full charge, as you will not actually be getting 59W on the mech due to the voltage under load. We just calculate at 4.2V for safety as this is where the amp load would be highest on a mechanical mod, the opposite on a regulated mod.

It sounds good you are going for either parallel or a single 18650 tube mech as series is OK as long as you are careful and keep safe, but for a new mech user I couldn't recommend a series mech.

It may be an idea to go for a cheaper tube mech to start with to see if you actually like the way a mechanical mod vapes. They definitely aren't for everyone, and a clone will perform well enough for you to judge if you like it or not. You may even like it enough to stick with it, out of my mechanical mods I only own clones and cheaper, chinese made authentics.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hey Guys...so after checking locally only authentic tube Mod which is available is Coilart Mage Mech Tube Mod.....has anyone tried it.....what do you guys thinkCoilart Mech.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't realize that CoilArt made a mech. That's pretty awesome. I think it will be a good one. Man, I want one LOL.

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What he said. I'd highly recommend against a NC for your first mech imho

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm trying to decide on a new tube mod myself. Trying to figure out if there's a difference performance wise between clone and authentic when it comes to tube mods. I've never tried a clone but some folks speak highly of them. Also since I never get clones, I have no clue who makes a quality clone. Any suggestions? Not trying to hijack OP

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to decide on a new tube mod myself. Trying to figure out if there's a difference performance wise between clone and authentic when it comes to tube mods. I've never tried a clone but some folks speak highly of them. Also since I never get clones, I have no clue who makes a quality clone. Any suggestions? Not trying to hijack OP

In my honest opinion, I would go for a clone over a high end authentic mech. You are mainly paying for the brand and the fact of owning a high end item, a clone will perform fantastically. Some authentic mechs do have higher quality things like threading, but I don't think that is worth x times more than a clone that still has perfectly acceptable threading.
Also things such as voltage drop due to material is negligible due to the mass of the mod.

I know kindbright make good quality clones. Wotofo is another brand I rate quite highly, my most used mech is actually made by them and not a clone, it is called the Phantom. I find this to work very well out of all of my mechs, and has the option of a standard or hybrid top cap included in the box.

Swindler

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In my honest opinion, I would go for a clone over a high end authentic mech. You are mainly paying for the brand and the fact of owning a high end item, a clone will perform fantastically. Some authentic mechs do have higher quality things like threading, but I don't think that is worth x times more than a clone that still has perfectly acceptable threading.
Also things such as voltage drop due to material is negligible due to the mass of the mod.

I know kindbright make good quality clones. Wotofo is another brand I rate quite highly, my most used mech is actually made by them and not a clone, it is called the Phantom. I find this to work very well out of all of my mechs, and has the option of a standard or hybrid top cap included in the box.

i will love to get a clone but here as vape products are banned the options are very limited. I came across the coil art Mech from a guy i generally purchase and he is selling it for 80 USD which here is reasonable (i bought my Alien kit for 120 USD).

Another question will LG HG2 choco batteries work well on Mech Mod. I have been trying to get Sony batteries but they are not readily available and i dont want to but from shady Facebook sellers.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

By buying clones you are helping Big Tobacco kill off the vaping industry TBH. Say no to clones.

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
whats a good beginner mech I was looking at the ijoy limitless rdta mech combo or a rig mod clone ive seen reviewed. Any suggestions?

ApolloKen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Good info, thanks bud!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bull shit. You are helping the Chinese make money..... you are competing with big tobacco by vaping.

I started with a clone mech. Fully intending to get an authentic..... IF I LIKED VAPING. Problem is I like my $13 brass Origin Clone so much I never upgraded it. Just don't think any mech tube is worth more than say $50. Currently setup in original as purchased format..... 3 years old mod.. in true hybrid 18500 mode and Kayfun 3.1.......stored drip tip down.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bull shit. You are helping the Chinese make money..... you are competing with big tobacco by vaping.

I started with a clone mech. Fully intending to get an authentic..... IF I LIKED VAPING. Problem is I like my $13 brass Origin Clone so much I never upgraded it. Just don't think any mech tube is worth more than say $50. Currently setup in original as purchased format..... 3 years old mod.. in true hybrid 18500 mode and Kayfun 3.1.......stored drip tip down.

I support manufacturers of superior quality made in USA vape products instead of ripping them off with clones so nope, not bullshit because I know for a fact some of the money I have spent on these products is also helping SFATA, NBS, and CASAA.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I support manufacturers of superior quality made in USA vape products instead of ripping them off with clones so nope, not bullshit because I know for a fact some of the money I have spent on these products is also helping SFATA, NBS, and CASAA.
That's a valid reason.... I was ONLY refering to Big Tobacco. Not the VAPE industry.

GratefulAlvin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I Don't support clones, but too each their own I suppose. Imagine if you spent time, money and thought into a product no matter what industry it's used for and then someone takes your idea copies it and sells it for much less because they can how would you feel? Sure they could sell the authentic mods for less and some companies are working towards that albeit the mod is usually aluminum or some less conductive metal but I for one don't mind spending the money on authentic gear as it will hold a much better value over time, plus good luck getting replacement parts on those clones if you ever need them.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd rather have 2 or 3 authentic mods than some of these clone collections I see going around, fuck that noise.
That being said for a little over 100 bucks, like 120 or 130 you can get some nice authentic tubes like the broadside or pre-order the new subzero x or one of those switch mods. There are actually a bunch of dope mods in that price range.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone has different opinions, and I respect them regarding clones. To me, a metal tube is never worth more than £40, so I only buy clone mechs, or cheaper authentics. I am very happy with my cheap authentic mechs from Wotofo, and also my clones. I tend to buy clones more now after comparing them to the genuine items, and to me the difference was so negligible it was not worth it. If someone wants to pay more for a genuine item, I see nothing wrong with that either as it is their money, and if it makes them happy that is good.

Regulated, I will spend money on the genuine item, as to me, they are worth it. I understand there are ethical reasons, but I also do things such as download movies, or if I can get them, things that have 'fell off the back of a lorry' as we say here in England. Only ever from big chains though, I wouldn't buy something taken from an individual.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not to be argumentative but you're not just paying for a metal tube, you're paying for an idea.
Aside from that most top American mod companies also fight for our right to vape. They go to Washington and support vape activist groups, raise awareness and other things that most of us simply don't do either because we don't have the means to or pure laziness. All that stuff costs money. If you pay a chinaman for a clone you're taking away from that, because that chinaman doesn't care.
Anyway like you said, to each their own.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This assumes all authentic are American made. They are not...

My kayfuns are Russian clones and the authentic of my mech is Korean...... how does buying these affect Americans.. other than them not smoking and providing pleasure.

Hell much of the good stuff seems to be coming from russia... Since Russia is a political taboo these days does that mean we can't use that stuff.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This assumes all authentic are American made. They are not...

My kayfuns are Russian clones and the authentic of my mech is Korean...... how does buying these affect Americans.. other than them not smoking and providing pleasure.

Hell much of the good stuff seems to be coming from russia... Since Russia is a political taboo these days does that mean we can't use that stuff.

You can just take everything I've said based on buying American products then, I'm not up to speed on world wide companies sticking up for vapers as American companies do. I know a few do but like I said km not well versed on the subject since lately everything I buy is American made.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can just take everything I've said based on buying American products then, I'm not up to speed on world wide companies sticking up for vapers as American companies do. I know a few do but like I said km not well versed on the subject since lately everything I buy is American made.

I'd like to buy a
AMERICAN only.. but 50 years of governmental war on industry.... has priced me out of most of that market.... we do something about EPA and OSHA and IRS too name but 3. I'll buy more.

If i have $100 to spend on vape gear.... I don't want to buy just A mod or A atomizer. I want a complete vape set including batteries wire and juice. If that mean I have to buy a clone so be it..... complain to you congressman... not me i am just a victim of the system.

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd like to buy a
AMERICAN only.. but 50 years of governmental war on industry.... has priced me out of most of that market.... we do something about EPA and OSHA and IRS too me but 3. I'll buy more.

If i have $100 to spend on vape gear.... I don't want to buy just A mod or A atomizer. I want a complete vape set including batteries wire and juice. If that mean I have to buy a clone so be it..... complain to you congressman... not me i am just a victim of the system.

I wasn't complaining I was simply giving my opinion. If you enjoy collecting cheap copies more power to ya.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not to be argumentative but you're not just paying for a metal tube, you're paying for an idea.
Aside from that most top American mod companies also fight for our right to vape. They go to Washington and support vape activist groups, raise awareness and other things that most of us simply don't do either because we don't have the means to or pure laziness. All that stuff costs money. If you pay a chinaman for a clone you're taking away from that, because that chinaman doesn't care.

It's not just that. There are like 600 companies in the Shenzhen area all fully specialized in making counterfeit vape products, tons of which are either harmful or downright dangerous to consumers, and, believe it or not, this is the main reason why since 17th January here in Belgium it is forbidden by law to sell vape products to consumers via the internet... so Big Tobacco wants people to buy clones because these kinds of restrictive regulations are precisely what Big Tobacco wants.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I know you don't mean it in an argumentative way- and I do see your point of view. I prefer to talk and discuss things like this instead of someone coming in like "You are wrong" or vice versa.

I must be completely honest here, I am from the UK. I realise you have a battle on your hands at the moment with the FDA and others in regards to vaping, similar to how the TPD has impacted us, and it is good if these companies help vaping in the USA.

Many companies in the UK who support, and fight for vaping, sell clones, so even if I do buy one from them I am still supporting the battle here.

I do notice though that with authentic, high end mods, they sell out almost immediately. So there is already a big market for them. I feel if I didn't buy a clone, someone else would anyway, so I might as well buy it for myself.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know you don't mean it in an argumentative way- and I do see your point of view. I prefer to talk and discuss things like this instead of someone coming in like "You are wrong" or vice versa.

I must be completely honest here, I am from the UK. I realise you have a battle on your hands at the moment with the FDA and others in regards to vaping, similar to how the TPD has impacted us, and it is good if these companies help vaping in the USA.

Many companies in the UK who support, and fight for vaping, sell clones, so even if I do buy one from them I am still supporting the battle here.

I do notice though that with authentic, high end mods, they sell out almost immediately. So there is already a big market for them. I feel if I didn't buy a clone, someone else would anyway, so I might as well buy it for myself.
Yeah honestly I don't think it hurts the sales any a lot of these companies have a pretty big following and I know in the UK they do as well.
Even with the high end phillipino stuff I have never once gotten a shipment and it not be dirty as hell, heavy machine oil sometimes, somewhat patinad, thrown in a sack or a plastic baggie like whatever... and I'm talking shit that you pay 2-3 hundred for... this is part of the reason why I made the switch to American made, I always get it shining like it was cleaned that day, nice packaging and good customer support with everything guaranteed. I seen people fuck up by their own fault some ameravape shit and they set them straight no problem. You get what I'm saying? I value that so I pay.
Some don6 care so they will go somewhere else.
Then there's the issue of the raw materials used... I have copper hardware from China that doesn't tarnish the same as American made copper stuff... not all.. a couple things... they shine and tarnish differently... can't be the same shit.. I don't trust it. What do you think someone charging you 15 bucks for something he machined 100 in a line is going to give a shit what condition what you're getting is in? No way.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah honestly I don't think it hurts the sales any a lot of these companies have a pretty big following and I know in the UK they do as well.
Even with the high end phillipino stuff I have never once gotten a shipment and it not be dirty as hell, heavy machine oil sometimes, somewhat patinad, thrown in a sack or a plastic baggie like whatever... and I'm talking shit that you pay 2-3 hundred for... this is part of the reason why I made the switch to American made, I always get it shining like it was cleaned that day, nice packaging and good customer support with everything guaranteed. I seen people fuck up by their own fault some ameravape shit and they set them straight no problem. You get what I'm saying? I value that so I pay.
Some don6 care so they will go somewhere else.
Then there's the issue of the raw materials used... I have copper hardware from China that doesn't tarnish the same as American made copper stuff... not all.. a couple things... they shine and tarnish differently... can't be the same shit.. I don't trust it. What do you think someone charging you 15 bucks for something he machined 100 in a line is going to give a shit what condition what you're getting is in? No way.

There definitely can be a big difference in materials, no questions there.

I have a SMPL clone in copper, that within a week looked like an old penny, while I have others that still look as new as the day I got them. As I'm not actually breathing in the material though, it isn't too bad, for me. I do have much more regulated mods than mechanical mods though, I kind of use mechs alongside a regulated mod for a different experience.

I also agree customer support is a good thing, although when I only pay a little for a mod and can sort it I'm not too bothered if something goes wrong. The main thing I make sure is that the insulators are OK. That is one area I do think some clones can fail in, and that is safety.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a clone from a while back that I bet if I pulled it out from the box today would still be bright orange. Some Chinese copper I've had has that orange hue to it and doesn't seem to darken as much as other copper, that's freaking weird to me.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It doesn't matter if you're from the USA, from the UK or from Belgium... we're fighting the same war together because if 99 percent of all vape products get banned by the FDA / nazi tobacco, then how do you suppose that will impact free market economy in the UK with regards to vaping? Selling clones is not compatible with fighting for vaping, like we've already discussed.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't matter if you're from the USA, from the UK or from Belgium... we're fighting the same war together because if 99 percent of all vape products get banned by the FDA / nazi tobacco, then how do you suppose that will impact free market economy in the UK with regards to vaping? Selling clones is not compatible with fighting for vaping, like we've already discussed.

But it IS compatible if the companies here that fight for the right to vape also make money from selling clones- any money they make helps the cause. I was just pointing out I was in the UK as companies here sell clones as well as authentic mods, but still fight for all vapers. Unless there is something I am missing?

I do not see how shop A selling an authentic mod, that then helps support them is any different to shop B selling a clone that in turn supports them if they both are helping the cause?

VU Sponsors