Become a Patron!

Wanting a high end rta

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
been looking at the Rose3, Hurricane v2, and the Husser. Does anyone else out there have one? I'm not a MTL but I don't like super airy either. Kayfun5 is nice but wish I could do more than 40 watts and keep it wicked. Tried of buying cheap RTA's. They break, press fit doesn't always stay pressed, the delrin caps that screw on strip.
I carry my smoky constantly. Everywhere. maybe I'm trying to justify $200 on a tank, but if it gives a satisfying vape and last more than a month I can see it. Only one I have still worth a salt is the first aromamizer. I never got the Boreas to quit leaking although it did have great flavor.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
been looking at the Rose3, Hurricane v2, and the Husser. Does anyone else out there have one? I'm not a MTL but I don't like super airy either. Kayfun5 is nice but wish I could do more than 40 watts and keep it wicked. Tried of buying cheap RTA's. They break, press fit doesn't always stay pressed, the delrin caps that screw on strip.
I carry my smoky constantly. Everywhere. maybe I'm trying to justify $200 on a tank, but if it gives a satisfying vape and last more than a month I can see it. Only one I have still worth a salt is the first aromamizer. I never got the Boreas to quit leaking although it did have great flavor.
$200 tank, IMO not worth it.

Check out the Merlin Mini, won't break the bank, good build quality, simple to build and has awesome flavor. It comes with both a dual coil and single coil, to be honest I keep it on the single coil. Flavor is really killer, no juice control but you don't need it, it's never leaked on me once.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I wouldn't pay 200 for a RTA online without seeing it firsthand. Opening it up and so on. Check out the local Vape Shops in your area. A lot of times they have high end RTA's sitting in the display case for month's on end. You may get lucky and get a real good price on one.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, what the hell, Deb..grab a Modather and be done with your search....:)

Flavor galore, you can turn the air down to nothing if you want, or crank it open. Can built high ohm coils, or low, it has better flavor than most RDA's. But it's a 30 mm tank, so you may need to buy a mod to fit it, if overhang is not your bag.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, what the hell, Deb..grab a Modather and be done with your search....:)

Flavor galore, you can turn the air down to nothing if you want, or crank it open. Can built high ohm coils, or low, it has better flavor than most RDA's. But it's a 30 mm tank, so you may need to buy a mod to fit it, if overhang is not your bag.
Overhang? Who cares about overhang? :cloud::cloud::p:p

MFMV_zpsn2en14ed.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Overhang? Who cares about overhang? :cloud::cloud::p:p

MFMV_zpsn2en14ed.jpg

what in sexual relations?

I loved screwing big ass things onto my mini Volt back when I had it, too bad I don't anymore. The 40mm shit would be a good laugh to see on it.

As for the thread question, fuck 'high end' RTA's. Nothing is 'high end' really, all of them have 1:1 clones out that sell for under $20 and are just as good. Don't limit yourself to just 'high end', look at all RTA's and find the one you like best. Price doesn't matter, what its worth to YOU matters. A $200 price tag doesn't always warrant that item being worth $200 to me.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Check out the Merlin Mini
I'll second the Merlin Mini -- damn good tank. I'm going to throw in a second one that is near identical to the Merlin Mini. Check out the iJoy EXO RTA. Dual or Single coil setup, same deck design and wicking design as the Merlin Mini. Has juice flow control (not really needed) and has kick ass flavor, just like the Merlin Mini. The biggest ++++ to the EXO, it has two glass pieces. Small juice capacity and Big juice capacity. The Merlin Mini only comes with Small juice capacity.

IMO -- I love them both. Both are damn good tanks.

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had in the past some high end rta's costing in the range of $150 plus and to be honest they are just the same as an rta costing $25 or less.

Save your money, read some reviews on here about the cheaper tanks and make your choice from one of them. :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what in sexual relations?

I loved screwing big ass things onto my mini Volt back when I had it, too bad I don't anymore. The 40mm shit would be a good laugh to see on it.

As for the thread question, fuck 'high end' RTA's. Nothing is 'high end' really, all of them have 1:1 clones out that sell for under $20 and are just as good. Don't limit yourself to just 'high end', look at all RTA's and find the one you like best. Price doesn't matter, what its worth to YOU matters. A $200 price tag doesn't always warrant that item being worth $200 to me.
Yeah I can't find my Mini Volt, may have Vaped it forward. If I could find it I'd put the Voltrove on it for laughs .......

If I really like a Clone of a high end device I'll get the Authentic (within reason that is). These $150+ tanks are insane, that said I did buy a SquapeRS Authentic when I first got into rebuilding. I spent over $150 for it but IMO it was worth it, incredible flavor and the build quality is stellar (You know the Swiss). It's a Tootie Puffer so I rarely Vape on it anymore, but when I'm in the mood I do put a build in. What I've found with most of these insanely priced Tanks though is a lot of them have plastic tanks, that just pisses me off to no end.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I can't find my Mini Volt, may have Vaped it forward. If I could find it I'd put the Voltrove on it for laughs .......

If I really like a Clone of a high end device I'll get the Authentic (within reason that is). These $150+ tanks are insane, that said I did buy a SquapeRS Authentic when I first got into rebuilding. I spent over $150 for it but IMO it was worth it, incredible flavor and the build quality is stellar (You know the Swiss). It's a Tootie Puffer so I rarely Vape on it anymore, but when I'm in the mood I do put a build in. What I've found with most of these insanely priced Tanks though is a lot of them have plastic tanks, that just pisses me off to no end.

I picked up an EHPro Squape clone for $5 on a Kidney Puncher clearance. Turned out to be a terrific tank. I moved away from tootle puffing not that long after, and would have been pretty pissed with myself having to shelve an expensive authentic. With a clone doing so well, I agree with you that Squape designs are excellent.

Akrotiri

Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Hussar and the Skyline. If you don't like super airy then I would recommend the Hussar(3mm air hole) since it is a very restricted lung hit. The skyline with the new air deck has 10 different air flows ranging from 1.5mm all the way to 10mm.

For me personally the high price tag is very worth it. Imo the clones just look the same but don't perform the same as the authentics.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the kayfun5 and I have tried all of the other tanks you mentioned . My merlin mini beats them out hands down everytime in terms of flavor , vapor density, ease of use, build quality, and overall satisfaction . The inserts are what make this thing so killer as you can really hone inserts on a desired airflow restricted lung hit, MTL , or wide open clouds bro clouds. Grab one, you won't regret it.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$200 tank, IMO not worth it.

Check out the Merlin Mini, won't break the bank, good build quality, simple to build and has awesome flavor. It comes with both a dual coil and single coil, to be honest I keep it on the single coil. Flavor is really killer, no juice control but you don't need it, it's never leaked on me once.
Merlin mini was one of those that stripped. It was a great tank. Didn't last however

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Kayfun5. It doesn't wick faster than I vape. I like a warm vape. Low resistance and higher wattage. Around .2-.15 and 65-80 watts. Was looking for maybe a higher end tank that I can build on to accommodate but watching reviews they are all tootle puffers.
Maybe go back into RDA's. RTA's are convenient, but I like a warm dense vape. Maybe the Modfater? I could careless about overhang.....wouldn't put it on a mini volt though.
Had a perti RTA, loved it. Somehow the battery vented in the mech. Luckily it was in a case inside my saddlebag on bike. Melted all o rings and the delrin portion of drip tip. It's a mess, but salvageable I'm sure. Melted the case too. The petri light tube is fine. It blew the switch. Always wondered what would happen. I'll add the battery was a vct5 in good condition. Jarring around and hitting curves on mountain roads in warm weather..........fucking A. Life is good.
Thanks for advice. Currently hitting my aromamizer with vertical aliens on my broadside. A nice applebutta juice and a cup of coffee.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Kayfun5. It doesn't wick faster than I vape. I like a warm vape. Low resistance and higher wattage. Around .2-.15 and 65-80 watts. Was looking for maybe a higher end tank that I can build on to accommodate but watching reviews they are all tootle puffers.
Maybe go back into RDA's. RTA's are convenient, but I like a warm dense vape. Maybe the Modfater? I could careless about overhang.....wouldn't put it on a mini volt though.
Had a perti RTA, loved it. Somehow the battery vented in the mech. Luckily it was in a case inside my saddlebag on bike. Melted all o rings and the delrin portion of drip tip. It's a mess, but salvageable I'm sure. Melted the case too. The petri light tube is fine. It blew the switch. Always wondered what would happen. I'll add the battery was a vct5 in good condition. Jarring around and hitting curves on mountain roads in warm weather..........fucking A. Life is good.
Thanks for advice. Currently hitting my aromamizer with vertical aliens on my broadside. A nice applebutta juice and a cup of coffee.
If you're looking for a Tootie Puffer and don't mind bottom fill I can't recommend the SquapeRS enough. Super easy to build and wick, superb build quality and flavor is out of this world. The SquapeX Dream, not bad vape wise but over engineered IMO and the SquapeRS is much better.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you explain where / how it stripped? Pictures maybe? I'm curious where/what stripped on it.[/QUOT
The Merlin did not strip. My bad. I had over tightened. As a last resort I got pliers and got it apart, put the single coil setup and now I have it in my rotation. It's a great tank. Question on the air reducers though.........it didn't come with a 3 mm airflow did it? Looks like a 1 and a 2mm. But still a great tank.
The Mage was a favorite but I had 3 and all the top caps kept stripping.
I've been wanting a Squape. Thank you for the thumbs up. I'll definitely order one when I get the funds.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I replied about the Merlin. Don't know where it went. Lol. When I read post I got it out to take a pic. I had overtightened and couldn't get the bell off build deck. Tried everything but took pliers and got it. I put the single coil deck, and I love it. Great tank! Wish they offered a 3mm airflow restrict. I got a couple in kit but they were too restrictive. Looks like a 1 and a 2mm.
I have wanted a Squape. I will definitely get one when I get the funds. Surprised no one spoke about the hurricane.

I replied about the Merlin. Don't know where it went. Lol. When I read post I got it out to take a pic. I had overtightened and couldn't get the bell off build deck. Tried everything but took pliers and got it. I put the single coil deck, and I love it. Great tank! Wish they offered a 3mm airflow restrict. I got a couple in kit but they were too restrictive. Looks like a 1 and a 2mm.
I have wanted a Squape. I will definitely get one when I get the funds. Surprised no one spoke about the hurricane.

Same here. So easy to get the chimney jammed on there. The way I got it off my merlin mini was I wrapped silicon pipe repair tape on both side and cranked hard on it. Now I am careful with it, but still not a huge fan of the Merlin mini. I know it has a lot of fans but it's not for me.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Squape RS was easily one of my all time favorite RTA's, super easy to build and produced really good flavor. Multiple deck options would allow you to pretty much vape to your preference. My only gripe was that it was a pain to fill with dropper bottles, and if you liked high VG juice, sometimes it would form a bubble during filling which made it tedious at times.

29boltt.jpg

As for the OP's reference to not MTL, but not too airy, pretty much all the tanks nowadays will fall into that category, very few true MTL tanks even in the high end market.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The Petri RTA is a nice DL but not too airy tank, middle of the road at about $70

It's only 2 mls and on the thirsty side, but very easy to fill and I've never been able to get it to leak. So much so that I take it to bed with me to vape while I read before falling asleep. Since late November.

If I was still buying super-high end RTAs, I'd be going for a Squape

Lately, if it costs over $35, its all about the squonk, lol

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Squape RS was easily one of my all time favorite RTA's, super easy to build and produced really good flavor. Multiple deck options would allow you to pretty much vape to your preference. My only gripe was that it was a pain to fill with dropper bottles, and if you liked high VG juice, sometimes it would form a bubble during filling which made it tedious at times.

29boltt.jpg

As for the OP's reference to not MTL, but not too airy, pretty much all the tanks nowadays will fall into that category, very few true MTL tanks even in the high end market.
Love it! I want a SquapeRS. It's nice. Great pic. Envious, I vape high vg as well but don't mind a little juice here are there. If the vape is good and it's a piece that won't break after a month or so............,,,,,thank you

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Petri RTA is a nice DL but not too airy tank, middle of the road at about $70

It's only 2 mls and on the thirsty side, but very easy to fill and I've never been able to get it to leak. So much so that I take it to bed with me to vape while I read before falling asleep. Since late November.

If I was still buying super-high end RTAs, I'd be going for a Squape

Lately, if it costs over $35, its all about the squonk, lol
Have a Petri RTA......it IS a great tank. Battery vented on my mech and melted o rings and the delrin part of drip tip. I really need to clean that thing. It was definitely my fav for a bit.

Dpetes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I second the petri rta. One of my 3 favorite tanks next to the troll rta and cleito 120 with rba section. Clean that baby up^^^^

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love it! I want a SquapeRS. It's nice. Great pic. Envious, I vape high vg as well but don't mind a little juice here are there. If the vape is good and it's a piece that won't break after a month or so............,,,,,thank you

The easiest way to get around the bubbles was to just use a syringe for refilling, not to say the dropper bottle is impossible, just takes more time to do.

Unfortunately, the RS version is hard to get now since they moved onto the Squape X. I used to have the Squape X but sold it b/c it was too airy for me, that tank was definitely geared toward restricted lung hits with lower resistance builds, so that might be more up your alley now that I think about it, and re-filling was greatly improved since its top-fill.

http://www.vapinart.com/cart/SQuape-Xs-P2835.aspx

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy cow, can you get any flavor out of that without having to crank up the power??
Nope at least 80 watts.... You need a nice build for it..... Big build like a 4.5 mm circumference (8) wrap 3 or 4 core to fill the deck..... So 70 to 85 watts is needed..... But awesome on 125 watts at .15 to .20 ohms....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
X3 for the Merlin Mini. It has interchangeable internal airflow restrictions, couple that with the normal (external) airflow control and you can get exactly what you need. It also comes with a single and a dual coil deck and is built fantastically. I own the stainless and the gold, and they're gorgeous.
2c69935431458ffb6594c6e467b5d501.jpg

1d6a80f02e07d0820ce45e2a2c5ae9ff.jpg

87b77019b95e297256d0f197db0bbde2.jpg

If you're looking for something a lil more unusual, the Nectar Micro is pretty neat. It's like a mouth to lung rdta sorta. I can't find any of my photos for that one, but a little Google action should scare it up quickly. Good luck on your hunt!

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpg Well I bought a couple clones. I wasn't ever going to buy a clone, but considering the price of some of the attys.......thought I would give it a whirl.
Rose v3.......... got it from Fasttech. SMJY. Nothing cheap about it except the plastic tank but they did give a stainless steel tank section.
Hurricane SMJY (SJMY?) . It isn't as well made but the principles are the same. the 3 different airflow options. I like the juice control. Can vape at higher wattages and juice keeps even with high VG. My nic went bad. Peppery taste from hell. Seem that all my juices went bad. Thought it was me but others I make for said same thing. Anyway I need to play with this tank more.
My fav of these is the Rose. Wow.........flavor is great.
I do have a Taifun111 coming from gearbest.
I'm digging the Rose, I'm going to buy the original.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm digging the Rose, I'm going to buy the original.

You went about it the smart way - can't wait to hear how you like the authentic when you get it :)

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

29boltt.jpg

Your right about new tanks, none of them are MTL yet they claim to be LoL, moth to lung seems to have become what I used to call lung hits lol, tanks now have more airflow than the droppers I used to use

Dave.G1066

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Sherman tank is something else for you to loook at and consider also. The flavor is awesome and building on it is super easy it's all stainless steel it's not too airy and you can fit some nice big builds in there . They can be had for about $100 .. it's a not a single coil rta and it's 28mm tank so on some mods it might have a little over hang . But how cares about that lol .

I have and use one myself it's the only rta that I own and I love it I run it on top of a mech box IMG_0178.JPG

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have used the big tanks - I have a king and sherman V2, i used the godfather the bft plus, the vcst and aromamizer plus, etc. But I like to MTL. Currently my favourites are the EVL reaper, Hurricane Jr. and Rose 3. Have not tried the Hussar yet. A new tank is coming ut of Canada that hands down is better than most of those mentioned - E-apothecary Churchill.
I just got the berserker and I'm mixed on it. I have used the kayfun 3 - I like that tank. Had a pico but it leaked like a moro and was so hard to fill. Honestly, the clones are not as good as the authentic but many are quite passable. Doggy clone and hurricane clones are really good.

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you like the Petri/Reload vape then seriously consider the Churchill from E-Apothecary. Oscuro Edition has the airflow ring with many holes - probably go for that one if I was you...

IMAG1301.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This isn't high end..... But Big...

Attachments

• MY MODS 014Small.JPG
    MY MODS 014Small.JPG
    573.7 KB · Views: 14

Frictionluvr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was the Kylins biggest fan till i bought a coilart azeroth, Then I stumbled upon a used reload rta for $50 and I snatched it up. Its flavor is even better than the azeroth but its almost too restrictive in the air flow department. When you look at price point you can get a stainless and black azeroth for the same price as one reload...

billythetroll

Member For 3 Years
I know this is over a year old but I just stumbled upon it.I must say I use to buy "high end" clones, I own a lot of clones from fasttech, gearbest, 3fvape, 2f so on and so on.before that I would buy your normal run of the mill rda/rta/rdta but then I can into a deal and got a skyfall and kayfun......yea people saying they're no deference between "high end" vape gear and clones or mainstream stuff must have never used a typhoon iv or vaped a skyfall rda.thanks for the good lol guys this one was nivce

VU Sponsors