Become a Patron!

warm-vaping larger tank suggestions for this hardware novice?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I usually use small tanks (1.5ml MT3 type) because I like warm vapor. Even an EVOD is a little cool for me. I use mini-protank for flavors that need glass, definitely not pleased with the cooler effect there. My preferred tanks are like this: http://focalecig.com/Product/Marste...-Cigarette-Atomizer-Yellow-1-6mL2-2Ohm--13059 The ONLY thing I don't like is the 1.6ml capacity.

Is there a tank in existence that holds 2ml or more, bottom coil, that produces warm vapor? Do I have to give up on the bottom coil to find one? I vape all-VG and get better results with a bottom coil. It would be an added bonus if I could build my own coils for it easily (like I do for EVODs, MT3, and ProTank).

Any suggestions besides just stocking up on the MT3s I like so much?

Lorem Ipsum

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Nautilus clone from Fasttech, and absolutely love it with my Vamo v5. Vapor Co is selling the authentic at $14.52, cheapest that I've seen thus far for an authentic.

http://www.shopvaporco.com/shop/tanks/tech008/

I know it is possible to build Nautilus coils, but haven't tried yet.

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently got a Kanger Mega Aero tank using the new sealed coils (dual coil) and love it. The only problem with the new coils is they can't be rebuilt without tearing them up trying to get them apart.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Though I don't use Aspire BDC anymore, the ET-S has pretty warm vapor and has almost a 3ml capacity. Glass tank to boot.

If you want really warm vapor you need to venture into RTA's. When you are ready to take that step of course.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If you want really warm vapor you need to venture into RTA's. When you are ready to take that step of course.

Ohhh, there's a thought. It took 6 months before I got around to rebuilding coils. At this rate, the technology will change before I shop RTAs. Maybe I should take a leap. My equipment is hilariously underpowered for my vape habits.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I came across this thread searching for info on decent, cheap protank clones. The smoktech aro or aro pyrex definitely gives warmer vapor than protank mini. I prefer the cooler vapor from the protank, but love the texture of the aro vapor. It's super smooth and somehow creamier than that of the protank.

I've only used the 1.5 ml capacity but there is a 3.5ml version of this called the "aro glass" that might be worth looking into in case you have not solved this issue already... <-- I'm guessing one could find it cheaper than at that link, but you can see a picture of it and read the specs there. I got my 1.5 tanks (both the regular aro, plastic & the aro pyrex) at madvapes. Kanger and smok coils are indistinguishable to my eye except for a slightly thicker rubber insulator in the smok ones. I've heard people disagree about whether kanger coils can be used in aro tanks and vice versa--but have not tried it myself. Smok coils are rebuildable just like the kangers.

Is this the type of protank clone you use? The price is great, but I notice it has only two pieces (rather than the four of the kanger protank mini) and wonder if this has any effect on its performance:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006297/1485802-mini-protank-style-bottom-coil-clearomizer-1-5ml

I would be interested to know how it compares to the kanger pt minis, whether it would be worthwhile to buy a bunch of them.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd recommend the Joyetech Delta 16, 19, or 22 if you want a warm vape. A good 20 watt mod is all that is needed. I run the Delta 16 on an iStick, works great.

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You might also consider a very short (stubby) drip tip.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd recommend the Joyetech Delta 16, 19, or 22 if you want a warm vape. A good 20 watt mod is all that is needed. I run the Delta 16 on an iStick, works great.

The coils for those look like some the aspire bdc ones I recently tried in an aspire-made pyrex (evod-like) tank.

I don't know if those you're using the joyetech made coils (these? http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=203 ) and if they are substantially different, but I found the aspire ones really frustrating, partly because the vape actually burned my lips if I didn't take it really slow and space out my drags, but mostly because the coils themselves lasted only a couple of tanks before the quality got so low I couldn't vape them.

If you use the c3 double or triple head coils, about how much time do you get out of them?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get a few weeks out of the heads. I'm using the C3 Joyetech heads. Any atty is going to get hot if you chain vape it. You can boil the heads for a couple minutes and let them dry or soak them in Vodka or Everclear and rinse them out, that prolongs the life by a couple weeks.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A few weeks is considerably better than a few days. When I tried soaking the (similarly designed?) aspire coils in grain alcohol & drying (skipped the boiling step) it didn't at all seem to improve the performance that had run down so markedly in such a short time.

Also didn't have to chain vape it to get the vapor way too hot for my liking. It got hotter much faster than any other atty, vaping at the same rate I usually do, at what reads as around 3.4 volts on an iStick, but is probably a bit higher. I guess it's possible I got 4 duds in a row.

VU Sponsors