Become a Patron!

Warning: Be careful with cinnamon.

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not only is cinnamon a tank cracker, but it also melts the glue used in some glass tanks, and the insulators used in MANY tanks. It also dissolve O-rings. It also can cause sore throats, and probably is MUCH worse to vape for you than most e-liquid in general.

I only say this because of my experience with cinnamon flavored e-liquids, and the recent posts on ECF regarding a cinnamon e-liquid melting the insulators in a Kanger SubTank.

Personally, I love cinnamon flavored e-liquids, but I think I'm going to have to discontinue their use.

Back when I had the original kanger pro tank, a cinnamon liquid actually melted the glue used to hold the glass to the tank. The pro tank was advertised as a pyrex tank that was designed to allow you to vape tank cracking e-liquids. After the glue melted into my tank, I e-mailed kanger, and within a month they changed the design on the original pro tank, and manufactured them without glue.

Just a simple warning guys.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
There are several flavors out there that are rumored (or even confirmed) to crack tanks. I stumbled upon a vendor the other day who openly admitted that several of their flavors were known to cause filming and/or acrylic tank cracking. I won't drop names, but this is a widely-endorsed vendor. Sorry, no bueno.

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are several flavors out there that are rumored (or even confirmed) to crack tanks. I stumbled upon a vendor the other day who openly admitted that several of their flavors were known to cause filming and/or acrylic tank cracking. I won't drop names, but this is a widely-endorsed vendor. Sorry, no bueno.

It isn't rumor, it is fact. Certain flavorings are KNOWN to cause tank cracking....and many vendors will let you know specifically which flavors crack tanks. That isn't what I'm talking about.

Cinnamon is far beyond just a plastic tank cracker. It actually dissolves the insulators, O-rings, glues, etc. It also can be extremely harsh on the throat. I have no doubt whatsoever that cinnamon flavoring is harmful when vaped, although to what extent, I'm not sure. I've been a cinnamon fan for years in e-liquids, so I have lots of experience with it. Even though I LOVE cinnamon flavored e-liquids, it just isn't worth it anymore. :(

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Point well made and well taken.

And I don't mean this badly, I truly don't but.............

Duh!.jpg

Yep, like a lot of flavors it can and will degrade tanks and o-rings and the like.

So will most citrus flavors.

Every 8 months of so, a Cinnamon alert such as this will surface and get some excitement for a brief time.

Tanks and tank parts are made out of, well, tank and tank part type materiels,

Vapers are made out of mostly people materiels.

Just saying..........:D

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I stumbled upon a vendor the other day who openly admitted that several of their flavors were known to cause filming and/or acrylic tank cracking.

Do you mean Mt Baker Vapor? http://blog.mtbakervapor.com/e-juice-that-may-break-a-plastic-tank/

I wouldn't hide their name as if it's a bad thing. Certain flavors react with plastic tanks.
I think it would be bad if a vendor *didn't* notify customers of this issue.

I can't speak for others, but I know I'd be pissed if I bought a flavor and ended up with a broken tank. First thing I would think was that the vender was bad.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
a couple years ago, there was a big controversy about the safety of inhaling cinnamon. several juice vendors suspended the sale of anything containing cinnamon. it all blew over fairly quickly, nothing was ever proven that i am aware of. but it still is a tank cracker. and causes rabies.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Do you mean Mt Baker Vapor?
Nope, a different vendor. It just seemed odd to see so many flavors listed that had issues with cracking tanks...over a dozen. Kind of made me wonder where they're sourcing their flavorings from.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope, a different vendor. It just seemed odd to see so many flavors listed that had issues with cracking tanks...over a dozen. Kind of made me wonder where they're sourcing their flavorings from.
Again, its not the 'source' but the 'flavor'.. Most citrus flavors, and as noted above, cinnamon, well crack a plastic tank. This has been well, well, known for years..

The op is simply expanding this farther to remind people that while you my have a glass tank, the o-rings, insulators, and sometimes glue, are still at risk.. Something people should be aware of.

Sorry V4a3r, this is not a point of contention or a 'conspiracy' .. All is well known and proven already and most, if not all, vendors will readily tell you which juices might be tank crackers.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Sorry V4a3r, this is not a point of contention or a 'conspiracy'
I didn't say that it was.

It's not universal that citrus and cinnamon flavors crack tanks. Only from certain vendors. Like I said, I would therefore question where those flavorings are coming from, because it's not like every vendor makes their own base flavors. I have several citrus and a few cinnamon flavors and have never had issues with them.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't say that it was.

It's not universal that citrus and cinnamon flavors crack tanks. Only from certain vendors. Like I said, I would therefore question where those flavorings are coming from, because it's not like every vendor makes their own base flavors. I have several citrus and a few cinnamon flavors and have never had issues with them.
Very few vendors actually make the flavors.. they are bought from places like FA.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not even so much the flavoring as it is the tanks themselves.

They are normally made out of Polycarbonate because it is cheap, very scratch/break resistant, and as clear as window glass. These qualities lead it to be a dependable and widely used material for eye wear. But, polycarbonate reacts badly with chemicals more then other plastics. Natural Acids in certain flavors bind with the plastic and cause it to break down. A polycarbonate tank would crack if filled with freshly squeezed orange juice as well.

Since it happening depends on the vendor itself, it could be an indication of how organic or artificial the vendor's flavoring is. If it is natural acids in the flavorings causing the cracking, then perhaps those vendors who's flavors don't crack tanks are using artificial flavoring. That could open a whole different list of issues though, like what are the ingredients of those artificial flavorings (likely a long list of chemicals to replicate the natural flavor) and are they as safe to vape as natural flavors.

I love cinnamon flavored juice so I only vape it in one of my kayfun 4s with glass tank and no glue anywhere juice o rings

VU Sponsors