Become a Patron!

Was turned off by the idea at first, but enjoying it so far!

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
My fiance originally started vaping bout a month ago as a smoking alternative. I was never a tobacco user (hated the smell and taste), but I was having fun with hers and decided to get my own (settled on a smok al85).

I've been enjoying it a lot so far. It has really been helping me with my other bad habits like soda drinking, nail biting, and constant eating. I decided to go with low nicotine (3mg) due to the research I've done on how it helps ADD (I'm diagnosed, but unmedicated because I hate how the meds make me feel) and the other benefits I'm sure you've all read about. I've liked it a lot so far and I'm unworried about the potential addiction (I'll always be addicted to something and I'd rather it be vaping than soda, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.)

I originally hated the idea because I thought of the dudebro/valley girl stereotype whenever I thought about vaping.

Hello All!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My fiance originally started vaping bout a month ago as a smoking alternative. I was never a tobacco user (hated the smell and taste), but I was having fun with hers and decided to get my own (settled on a smok al85).

I've been enjoying it a lot so far. It has really been helping me with my other bad habits like soda drinking, nail biting, and constant eating. I decided to go with low nicotine (3mg) due to the research I've done on how it helps ADD (I'm diagnosed, but unmedicated because I hate how the meds make me feel) and the other benefits I'm sure you've all read about. I've liked it a lot so far and I'm unworried about the potential addiction (I'll always be addicted to something and I'd rather it be vaping than soda, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.)

I originally hated the idea because I thought of the dudebro/valley girl stereotype whenever I thought about vaping.

Hello All!

Welcome a'board, we all stay turned on to vaping around here

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground ...great intro :cheers:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hello All!
Yo Kragglin, welcome.
Vaping will help you deal with other nasty habits and nicotine helps several conditions like ADD
and even schizophrenia.
In the small quantity of nicotine you're using you really not need worry about physical addiction.
Have Phun and Vape on.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the forum.
I have seen lots of research of the benefits of nicotine use.
The only problem in the past was the nicotine had to be consumed in the form of tobacco.
Now that nicotine is free from tobacco there are benefits to using it.

I once saw Gavin McInnes and Tucker Carlson where Carlson offered Gavin a nicotine lozenge then went into this long spiel about how nicotine without tobacco has no downside.
He didn't even know that the show had been running the entire time and he busted out laughing once he found out.

Start at about 5:15

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yo Kragglin, welcome.
Vaping will help you deal with other nasty habits and nicotine helps several conditions like ADD
and even schizophrenia.
In the small quantity of nicotine you're using you really not need worry about physical addiction.
Have Phun and Vape on.

The smoking rate is through the roof among people who have mental heath issues.
I've heard it quoted anywhere from 25% to 45%

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
I would definitely trust those statistics. I'm a nursing student and recently did clinicals at the behavior health unit in my local hospital. The majority of the patients I dealt with were smokers/chewers/whatever. I'd say a good 70%. The majority of them just presented with depression/anxiety. My part of the country does have an abnormally high tobacco use rate though.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup...need a lot more nic in yer vape for it to do ya good but
nicotine potentiates schizophenia meds and in some cases can even replace them.

It would be wise for mental health therapists to consider vaping as an aid to therapy

I've often said that using nicotine gives me an intellectual edge
so I can see where supplementing with it might help @Kragglin deal with ADD

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, I completely believe that nicotine can replace ADD treatment for some people. I am one of them! I quit smoking in 2008 and within just a couple of months was on Adderall for ADD. I stayed on that mess for three years. After I started vaping I was able to wean off the Adderall.

Welcome to VU!

Jane

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
Oh, I completely believe that nicotine can replace ADD treatment for some people. I am one of them! I quit smoking in 2008 and within just a couple of months was on Adderall for ADD. I stayed on that mess for three years. After I started vaping I was able to wean off the Adderall.

Welcome to VU!

Jane
Oh Lord, I hated being on adderall. I can function without it, but it definitely effects my studies. I found vaping while studying really helps keep my attention.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh Lord, I hated being on adderall. I can function without it, but it definitely effects my studies. I found vaping while studying really helps keep my attention.

I would agree with HazyShades that you might benefit from a higher level of nicotine to help more with ADD, but that's such a personal call . You could try a small bottle of 6 or 9 mg just to see if it's better or worse.

Good luck. I expect you'll have fun with it. I know I do!

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
I would agree with HazyShades that you might benefit from a higher level of nicotine to help more with ADD, but that's such a personal call . You could try a small bottle of 6 or 9 mg just to see if it's better or worse.

Good luck. I expect you'll have fun with it. I know I do!

I plan on ramping up once I get used to it. I can definitely feel the 3mg and I would suspect that I'm a little sensitive to it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I plan on ramping up once I get used to it. I can definitely feel the 3mg and I would suspect that I'm a little sensitive to it.

That's understandable. Most of us came to vaping from smoking, so we were used to a pretty high intake of nicotine already. Jeez, my sister still uses 24mg juice. I have recently dropped from 18mg to 12 for mouth to lung vaping, but if you're using a sub-ohm tank, you wouldn't want to go that high consistently. I would guess that could make most of us sick.

What kind of device are you using?

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
That's understandable. Most of us came to vaping from smoking, so we were used to a pretty high intake of nicotine already. Jeez, my sister still uses 24mg juice. I have recently dropped from 18mg to 12 for mouth to lung vaping, but if you're using a sub-ohm tank, you wouldn't want to go that high consistently. I would guess that could make most of us sick.

What kind of device are you using?
Currently just have a smok al85. Using a 0.6 coil with some sample juices I got from vapewild. I still don't know the difference between sub-ohm and not. I just got what my brother-in-law suggested I get (he's been vaping for 5+ years I think).

I kind of want to get a squonk box once I get some disposable funds (hard to do when you're a student and parent.)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sub ohm just means that the resistance of your coil is less than 1 ohm, which yours is. There's a little difference in the draw technique for sub ohm and non sub ohm tanks, because the vapor from a sub ohm coil is a lot hotter than the vapor from a coil with resistance of, say, 1.8 ohms. You have to pull more air in with the vapor by not holding your lips tight around the mouthpiece (drip tip) of your tank. Please pardon if I'm telling you things you already know.

I'm brand new at using sub ohm tanks myself, and it took a bit of adjusting to get the draw right.

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
This is a great piece of information. Every vaper should read this and they'd be well informed and able to counter anti-vaping arguments.
Before being part of the medical field, I never realized how stigmatized vaping (specifically nicotine) was. My clinical instructor and I got in a bit of a heated argument about how (in her opinion) smoking should be outlawed and all medical personel should be tested for nicotine before being hired. I argued that as long as they are adults and not doing it AT work, then who the he'll has the right to say what they do with their time and body. If it becomes a problem, then do something with that individual. Punish people for doing wrong, not the potential for doing wrong. I guess it's more of a political argument.

VU Sponsors