Watch Enthusiast Corner.

Discussion in 'Non-Vaping Related' started by UncleRJ, Dec 5, 2017.

1. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Personally, I have never been one for wearing jewelry other than my wedding band and my watch of the day.

Not that I nor anyone else actually need to wear a watch in this world of Cell Phones, Fitbits and the like.

But still, I just don't feel fully dressed unless I am wearing one of my collection. And sad to say, but from time to time I look forward to occasions when I need to put on one of my three-piece suits just so I can take on of my pocket watches out for a night on the town.

And during some private chats with some other members of the Underground, I am not the only one here that feels the same.

While I do have some quartz drive or manual winding watches in my collection, my main interest is in Automatic movement watches. The ones that are powered by the motions of the wearer.

One of my more recent acquisitions came to me as a gift from a good friend who felt that I needed to have a Russian Automatic watch. Introducing the Cjiaba 12/24 Hour Moonphase Automatic Movement watch. Russian Watch Front.jpg

Russian Watch Back.jpg

My apologies for the really bad pictures.

I don't know a lot about this watch other than the fact it is most likely manufactured by Slava which is basically the Russian version of Timex. Has the hour and minute hands with the second hand having its own Red 0-60 dial just under the center with the Sun/Moon indicator to the right and a 24-hour indicator dial with hand to the left. While it is marked as Water Resistant, I will not be testing that statement as the watch does not have a screw down crown. This watch is accurate to about + 0.5 seconds per day and has a more than adequate power reserve.

As you can see, it does not have a watch band installed. The lugs are for a 25mm watchband which I am finding are few and far between so I will be installing a 24mm black Stainless Steel band.

So, what's on your wrist today?

2. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    123517.jpg 123522.jpg 123626.jpg 123630.jpg 123639.jpg

I just got finished making a some bushings to hold the band in on this Croton Chronograph

3. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    I have a few older watches from about 35 years ago. Here is a Seiko automatic that was purchased direct from Seiko in Japan by my brother when he was stationed there with the air force as a gift to me.

20171205_133237 (1).jpg

Beaucoup, KingPin! and UncleRJ like this.
  4. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Love watches great idea Unc!

my pride and joy

BDB6EB70-BF79-4994-91FD-690427FB298E.jpeg
    B42FCCE1-E3F2-4D92-ACB4-0B2FDDF66FBD.jpeg

5. Beaucoup

Beaucoup New Member

Blog Posts:
    These are very nice machines. I generally avoid time related things when possible. I Did have a genuine Micky Mouse pocket watch that I lost about the Time Alley Oop fell off his dinosaur...:gaah:

Pegleg Meg, KingPin! and UncleRJ like this.
  6. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    My dad has one of the older disney Mickey Mouse watches was looking at snagging one of the classics at some point although might just wait for his, more sentimental that way

UncleRJ and Beaucoup like this.
  7. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    I used to have the "OFFICIAL" Dick Tracy Wrist Radio Watch.

If I still had it and the box it came in, that thing would be worth a freaking fortune.

KingPin! likes this.
  8. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Space One B

space one.jpg

Wtmke1 and UncleRJ like this.
  9. UncleRJ

Blog Posts:
  10. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just a cheap clone but I like the blue that I can't seem to get pictured. [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

UncleRJ likes this.
  11. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    It is. It's the 1st automatic chronograph in space.

space one b.jpg

UncleRJ likes this.
  12. UncleRJ

Blog Posts:
    Way cool watch.

Gotta ask, how accurate is it?

13. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Not accurate at all. Gotta adjust it almost every other day, and it also weighs like a ton... so much so it reminds me of my brass Purge Mods Suicide King Squonker, as they both are intended to be used in space where gravity is not an issue. lol

UncleRJ and Wtmke1 like this.
  14. UncleRJ

Blog Posts:
    Well here is my new "Beater" watch.

Croton Quartz Aqumatic Watch.jpg

The photo is trash as this watch looks brand new and was purchased for a song on eBay.

I did quite a bit of research and have not been able to find the particulars on this watch.

Seems to be a strange hybrid of the Croton Aquamatic and the Croton Heritage series.

KingPin!, 5150sick and Carambrda like this.
  15. UncleRJ

Blog Posts:
    Cjiaba Automatic Watch Update.

New stainless steel watch band arrived last night from Amazon. This morning I laid out the tools that I would need for my first ever attempt to install and size a metal bracelet on a watch.

And after a very frustrating and embarrassing amount of time spent on a task that any jeweler can perform in 15 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Russian Watch With New Band.jpg

So to recap, I purchased a new band for $19, bought a watch toolkit and a selection of watch band pins for $25 and spent a chunk of time alternating between swearing and mumbling to myself ( :headbang:), I managed to save myself a 30 minute round trip to the jeweler as well as the $9.93 fee a professional would have charged me:stars2::crazy:

5150sick and KingPin! like this.
  16. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    :giggle::giggle:

Doing it yourself though Unc ...priceless ;)

UncleRJ likes this.
  17. UncleRJ

Blog Posts:

Oh, it was priceless all right. The Cat's have just gotten over the experience and have come out of hiding!

KingPin! likes this.
  18. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    You didn’t let evil Unc out did you? Poor cats :(

UncleRJ likes this.
  19. UncleRJ

Blog Posts:

Sadly, he did escape. This time was planned for when the cats would be having their morning nap.

Instead, the decided they wanted to help. When I kept them from the top of the table where all the tiny tools and fiddly bits were laid out, they sat on the floor and cried.

So I put them in Kitty Jail.

KingPin! likes this.