Become a Patron!

WATER DAMAGE QUESTION

This is my first post, and I need help with something .
Approximately 2 months ago, my Alien 220 mod's lcd was flickering, and sometimes was not firing, due to water damage. I thought it was trash, but I kept it anyway. Today, I threw a pair of fully charged VTC 4's in it, and there was no flickering. It must have dried out BUT -
My question is, is this safe to start using on a regular basis again, or will there be a possible short in the mod due to the damage? I don't want it to short and explode or have a misfire ruin my setup.
I'll be using it with a Druga RDA, 6 wrap dual 26g klaptons, always around 50-70 watts.
Thanks!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
As with anything like this - it’s ultimately down to your own discretion.

nobody on here will be able to say with authority whether it will be fine tomorrow or the next day etc I certainly wouldnt trust it for a good while in terms of leaving it unattended with batteries in :)

SavageCheef

Member For 1 Year
A possible short or damage in the future is almost inevitable, but like kingpin said that is at your own discretion and it is not something I think anyone would advise.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you know you got it wet, don't use it until it is dried out completely. Put the box is a bag of rice or something absorbent. Same goes for the batteries. Firing a wet mod is bound to screw it up and cause short circuits.

SavageCheef

Member For 1 Year
If you know you got it wet, don't use it until it is dried out completely. Put the box is a bag of rice or something absorbent. Same goes for the batteries. Firing a wet mod is bound to screw it up and cause short circuits.

I HIGHLY advise NEVER to use batteries that have been in water or come in contact with water. Best to just recycle the batteries and buy a new set, blowing your hand or face off is not worth the risk of using batteries potentially damaged by water.

VU Sponsors