☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He changed his avatar also, so, not a funny now is it?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He changed his avatar also, so, not a funny now is it?
43985.jpg

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
I have a friend who still uses analogs. I tried to get him to try vaping but he said he did and got water in his lungs. I'm assuming the nicotine has like a sticky waterproofing effect on the linings in your lungs or something. Does anyone know what causes that? Thanks.

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
just out of curiosity, has anyone with "water in their lungs" gone to a doctor or hospital and if so what was the diagnosis and treatment? this registered nurse is soooo curious

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vape high VG 70 VG 30pg is the highest VG I go and I vape around 100ml a week and no water in my lungs. My lungs feel so much better than when I smoked cigs. I didn't try to quite I was intrigued by vaping so I tried it and when I found out how delish the juice was it was a wrap from there I haven't smoked for almost a year and it was easy I did it purely because I enjoy vaping more all the other benifits are just bonus's

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
75/25 & 80/20 VG/PG here with no issues. There are other causes of water in the lungs which is called Pneumonia like Emphysema from being a smoker along with many other things like bronchitis.

But hell blame the vaping because it is was conveniently easy to blame. Yeah where is medical report? :gaah::cuss2::deadhorse:

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have vaped for over 5 years and I have COPD and Emphsema from smoking for 50 years. My VA doctor ask what I was doing different and I told him I was vaping. My doctor told me my lungs were getting better to keep it up. I ask about water in the lungs from vaping and they said not from vaping. Hope that helps:coffee:

KrzCooter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I was a 2 pack a day smoker. Smoked from 15 until I was 32. After a week of vaping I started hacking out huge hard black chunks of crap. The first 3 or 4 weeks was pretty bad for my stomach. I was getting bad indigestion and my stomach was extremely bloated. Almost every pull almost hurt. I also got bad diarrhea after about 2 weeks. I started taking some Prilosec, which helped, and I stuck with it. After about a month I was feeling great. No stomach problems, no more coughing, and I started tasting and smelling a ton of stuff I didn't even know I was missing.

It my be somewhat unpleasant at first but just stick with it. Once your body cleans itself out and readjusts to living without smoking, you will start feeling much better. I do kind of miss the extra energy and mental acuity that apparently I was getting from smoking, but I just drink a little more coffee and I'm good to go.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I was a 2 pack a day smoker. Smoked from 15 until I was 32. After a week of vaping I started hacking out huge hard black chunks of crap. The first 3 or 4 weeks was pretty bad for my stomach. I was getting bad indigestion and my stomach was extremely bloated. Almost every pull almost hurt. I also got bad diarrhea after about 2 weeks. I started taking some Prilosec, which helped, and I stuck with it. After about a month I was feeling great. No stomach problems, no more coughing, and I started tasting and smelling a ton of stuff I didn't even know I was missing.

It my be somewhat unpleasant at first but just stick with it. Once your body cleans itself out and readjusts to living without smoking, you will start feeling much better. I do kind of miss the extra energy and mental acuity that apparently I was getting from smoking, but I just drink a little more coffee and I'm good to go.

Some of what you describe could happen without vaping as when I quit I was hacking up crap out of my lungs. I am talking about when I attempted quitting years ago when you had a plastic pacifier that looked like and analog there was no vaping back then. Needless to say that was an unsuccessful attempt.

KrzCooter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some of what you describe could happen without vaping as when I quit I was hacking up crap out of my lungs. I am talking about when I attempted quitting years ago when you had a plastic pacifier that looked like and analog there was no vaping back then. Needless to say that was an unsuccessful attempt.

Yep. I wasn't sure if it would happen when switching to Vaping or not. About 8 years ago I switched from smoking to using Swedish Snus. Swedish Snus is a tobacco product that comes in small bags that you put under you're lip. It is not processed like chewing tobacco though and you do not need to spit the juice out. Many studies have been done over the years showing true Swedish Snus has very little negative health impact due to the way it is processed, unlike snuff, chewing tobacco, cigarettes and cigars. I had no problem switching straight to Snus and had no ill health effects. I just started feeling much better and regained my sinus. However the government started pushing back on Swedish Snus saying it would attract kids since it came in small packages like candy. The US Post Office stopped allowing shipment of Snus so I would need to start shipping it UPS which increased the cost greatly. I ended up just switching back to smoking since ordering Swedish Snus and shipping it was no longer cheaper than smoking. I am really hoping something similar does not happen with vaping. Vaping is the best chance so far of getting the masses to stop smoking but if the government steps in hard and the prices go way up, I do not think vaping will have as big of a draw to get people to quit smoking.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had tried Marlboro Snus for a while as they sent me free coupons for them all the time. I was looking for them as I have probably 100 of them around. The problem had with them was the Surgeon Generals Warning was far worse than on a pack of cigarettes.

KrzCooter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Marlboro and Camel Snus that was sold in the US for a time is not true Swedish Snus. It was processed very similar to chewing tobacco and was loaded with sugar and other additives to keep you hooked on cigarettes. True Swedish Snus, while not 100% safe, has been used for almost 209 years and has had a ton of long term research showing that there was very little increase in cancer between long term users and 100% tobacco free people. I tried that Snus that was sold here in gas stations. It did almost nothing to calm the cravings for a smoke. Plus being processed much the same as chewing tobacco, I did not feel they were any healthier. I do not remember what the processing difference was that made Swedish Snus apparently safer - I think it was something to do with the way it was cured - but I felt great while I was using it and it was way cheaper than cigarettes until USPS stopped shipping it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tobacco products contain carcinogens and I never heard of any way to remove them. I would think if they had Tobacco product that wasn't they would fight that until the WHO or the FDA approved them.

KrzCooter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It has been a contested subject for many years. Just as I see vaping being more and more contested in the future. For every study saying Swedish Snus is safer there is another study saying it is not. Any vaping similarity here. Lol. I got a sign just up the road from here saying e-cigarettes and 5 times more dangerous than smoking. Here is a decent article about Swedish Snus health safety.

http://www.rstreet.org/op-ed/how-dangerous-is-swedish-snus-dont-ask-the-new-york-times/

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For the last month I have been around many medical professionals and had a few conversations about Vaping and not once in all that time has anyone said anything bad about vaping. Today a Nurse at the Rehab is going to save me 30 ML or larger glass bottles from saline or other non-medicinal liquids for me to use for my DIY e-Liquids. Reuse - Recycle

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Had anyone ever heard of
"If you vape too much, and you have certain bacteria present in your lungs,
The moisture from vaping creates a film over that bacteria and hardens it"
??

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, how much vaping,is too much vaping?
I vape literally every few minutes all day long. Every day.
Flavor junkie

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had anyone ever heard of
"If you vape too much, and you have certain bacteria present in your lungs,
The moisture from vaping creates a film over that bacteria and hardens it"
??
Rubbish LOL I should edit this to say 'not that I've heard of' but my first reaction is the former LOL

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Speaking as an asthmatic... my asthma really isn't any better than when I smoked; maybe worse, in fact. BUT I no longer have a farking river of phlegm to cough up every morning, a definite improvement. I'm just recovering from what I believe is a mild case of flu -- no fever, but digestive upset, major sinus headache for 10-ish days, and a small amount of coughing up -- but it took me nearly a week even to realize I was sick, because I DON'T have that massive amount of congestion in my chest, and every little bug doesn't run straight to my lungs and setup camp.

I'm another that can't vape much VG at all, or I can't breathe; I don't think it's related to my asthma, because I've heard of asthmatics who are just the opposite, but because I'm asthmatic, any breathing difficulty is a big major problem... so I stick to 85% PG.

Andria

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just read online some study that's claims of there is a certain bacteria in your lungs that is presebt, and you start vaping, that it puts a type of film over it and makes it tough as nails. I'll have to,find that study and post it. I'll get back,to,you guys shortly!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why is it that new members on many forums come along and start spewing all these bogus stories? Oh yeah I heard this or that but convenietly have to go find that proof or substantiating documentation?

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not bogus, I have been following the science and study behind vaping for along time..it's just something I've read on a few different websites. And I was checking to see if anybody else had heard of this.
SteveS45 it's people like you that make people like me not enjoy or even want to use these forums. What makes you think I'm going to throw something out there like that and just disappear?
You don't know me. So don't pretend to.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reading this a keyword in the title sticks out MAY

A little further down Teens?

:wtf:

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to explore different possibilities you must be open to anything. If you immediately close off all opportunity to explore new ideas, and even possible knowledge you know nothing about, you can't act like that.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not bogus, I have been following the science and study behind vaping for along time..it's just something I've read on a few different websites. And I was checking to see if anybody else had heard of this.
SteveS45 it's people like you that make people like me not enjoy or even want to use these forums. What makes you think I'm going to throw something out there like that and just disappear?
You don't know me. So don't pretend to.

Why are you directing your statements at me? Did I mention you directly? NO!

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah. Like i,said, it's just something I read. I was curious if anybody else heard about,this or knew anything about it.
Didn't come here to be insulted by somebody I don't even know?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Study was done by the school, gathering tid bits off of forums like this, in fact we have a few threads where they come here putting up poll threads and questioners , sometimes offering to pay you to take them, this is not a scientific study done by scientists and doctors, but done by students gathering what ever they can to post articles and get graded for term papers.
https://www.societyforscience.org/mission-and-history

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Study was done by the school gathering tid bits off of forums like this, in fact we have a few threads where they come here putting up poll threads and questioners , sometimes offering to pay you to take them, this is not a scientific study done by scientist and doctors, but done by students gathering what ever they can to post articles and get graded for term papers.
https://www.societyforscience.org/mission-and-history

I.e., the very DEFINITION of "junk science."

I'm open to all truth. If Dr Farsolinos comes out with a new study with some LEGITIMATE concerns about vaping and our health, it would behoove all of us to pay attention. But most of us have already found out FIRST-HAND that vaping is so much safer than smoking, it's completely laughable to suggest otherwise.

Nothing in life is risk-free -- even staying in the bed all the time will give you bedsores and cause your muscles to atrophy. But wise people will look at COMPARATIVE risk, and select their lifestyle accordingly.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After it was talking about teens and vaping I stopped reading because in my area now the towns are passing regulations that underage customers may not even enter the establishments where vaping or smoking products are sold.

Maybe it should be addressing the problem of how teens are purchasing vaping products??

Last edited:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ever gone swimming for a day when you were a kid and come home unable to take a full breath without coughing?
That is from ounces
of water in your lungs.
it's unpleasant at best but your body naturally recovers within hours.
NO, We use to swim on teams and never herd of anything like that.

AjRose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been vaping since 12-2014 and have been off smokes since 1-1-2015. I went sub ohm shortly after I started vaping. I haven't looked back ....my neighbor told me chain vaping can cause bronchitis but knock on wood I haven't had any problems. I think vaping is much safer than smoking and I honestly don't miss the cigs.
Jmo but I think your neighbor is full of bs :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apparently I can't use wired.com anymore; they keep giving me the anti-adblocker screen... so I disabled the adblocker... to find that their ads are those very annoying flashing bouncing kind. FUCK THAT!

Andria

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NO, We use to swim on teams and never herd of anything like that.

I was also on swim team but I'm not talking about structured events.
I'm talking about going to your cousins for a pool day. Idk about you but me and my cousins were pretty rough with each other weather it be swimming,hockey,wrestling,etc...
If you hung out with us in a pool then your going to inhale some water. If you were on the ice with us you wenter home sore....BOTTOM LINE!;)

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
water on the lung is called pulmonary edema and has many medical causes, the most common being congestive heart failure (chf), cardiac or heart related, lung ca, pneumonia, etc..any normal person would cough if too much steam or vapor entered the lungs which would prevent fluid on or in the lungs.

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
the key word there is cough.. your body naturally and normally coughs as a response to extra fluid entering the lungs. It is harmless

Ok so I quit smoking about 3-4 months ago, and I started vaping with an Ego AIO for a month or so no problems...so I wanted to move up and bought a target pro 75W mod and have been vaping 70/30 vg/pg. About 5 weeks ago I came down with bronchitis like ive never had before, my lungs felt heavy and they ached on top of the what feels like a rock in your chest that you cant get out. Went to the Dr went through a round of antibiotics, an inhaler and a breathing treatment which now (week 5) is better but not gone. I am realy stumped because I enjoy vaping much more than I did cigarettes, but cant hardly touch it now because ive been sick and im worried that vaping caused it, because anytime I try to after 1 draw I get that heavy feeling and my chest feels tight again....I mean I guess I should just put it down until this passes, but ive never had anything like this linger on this long...could it be the flavor of juice? (The Dude by Alpha Vapes 6mg) or something with the VG/PG but never had bothered me before...only thing I can attribute it to is one night not long before I got sick I chain vaped while drinking and would say that's the most I have vaped in one day but I see guys and girls vape like that all day on 200W mods...anyone have any similar issues...signed one frustrated vapesta

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I quit smoking about 3-4 months ago, and I started vaping with an Ego AIO for a month or so no problems...so I wanted to move up and bought a target pro 75W mod and have been vaping 70/30 vg/pg. About 5 weeks ago I came down with bronchitis like ive never had before, my lungs felt heavy and they ached on top of the what feels like a rock in your chest that you cant get out. Went to the Dr went through a round of antibiotics, an inhaler and a breathing treatment which now (week 5) is better but not gone. I am realy stumped because I enjoy vaping much more than I did cigarettes, but cant hardly touch it now because ive been sick and im worried that vaping caused it, because anytime I try to after 1 draw I get that heavy feeling and my chest feels tight again....I mean I guess I should just put it down until this passes, but ive never had anything like this linger on this long...could it be the flavor of juice? (The Dude by Alpha Vapes 6mg) or something with the VG/PG but never had bothered me before...only thing I can attribute it to is one night not long before I got sick I chain vaped while drinking and would say that's the most I have vaped in one day but I see guys and girls vape like that all day on 200W mods...anyone have any similar issues...signed one frustrated vapesta
You may have an aversion to VG, and it's not uncommon. I would suggest lowering the VG percentage in your juices, but primarily count on what your doctor says about your condition.

VU Sponsors