Become a Patron!

Water in lungs from vaping

You may have an aversion to VG, and it's not uncommon. I would suggest lowering the VG percentage in your juices, but primarily count on what your doctor says about your condition.
I really hope that's not the case, I prefer the higher vg to pg ratio but I have read of other people getting that heavy feeling from higher vg ratios. I did get a bottle of 50/50 and im going to give it a try once this finally goes away. What about coils that have been overused, or any issues with ceramic coils? I never had a problem with the AIO which had a cotton wicking in the coils...I did notice the coil I was using when all of this came around was black and had bits of what looked like carbon which started getting into the tank and making the juice in the tank darker as well

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG doesn't normally give the "heavy" feeling in the lungs, but it's certainly possible.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really hope that's not the case, I prefer the higher vg to pg ratio but I have read of other people getting that heavy feeling from higher vg ratios. I did get a bottle of 50/50 and im going to give it a try once this finally goes away. What about coils that have been overused, or any issues with ceramic coils? I never had a problem with the AIO which had a cotton wicking in the coils...I did notice the coil I was using when all of this came around was black and had bits of what looked like carbon which started getting into the tank and making the juice in the tank darker as well
I've never used the ceramic coils and have read mixed reviews, but the first thing I'd do is go back to cotton if the problem started when you went to ceramic. The residue you're talking about does not sound good.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pictures?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I quit smoking about 3-4 months ago, and I started vaping with an Ego AIO for a month or so no problems...so I wanted to move up and bought a target pro 75W mod and have been vaping 70/30 vg/pg. About 5 weeks ago I came down with bronchitis like ive never had before, my lungs felt heavy and they ached on top of the what feels like a rock in your chest that you cant get out. Went to the Dr went through a round of antibiotics, an inhaler and a breathing treatment which now (week 5) is better but not gone. I am realy stumped because I enjoy vaping much more than I did cigarettes, but cant hardly touch it now because ive been sick and im worried that vaping caused it, because anytime I try to after 1 draw I get that heavy feeling and my chest feels tight again....I mean I guess I should just put it down until this passes, but ive never had anything like this linger on this long...could it be the flavor of juice? (The Dude by Alpha Vapes 6mg) or something with the VG/PG but never had bothered me before...only thing I can attribute it to is one night not long before I got sick I chain vaped while drinking and would say that's the most I have vaped in one day but I see guys and girls vape like that all day on 200W mods...anyone have any similar issues...signed one frustrated vapesta

You got sick.

Millions of people get bronchitis.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have a friend who still uses analogs. I tried to get him to try vaping but he said he did and got water in his lungs. I'm assuming the nicotine has like a sticky waterproofing effect on the linings in your lungs or something. Does anyone know what causes that? Thanks.

Someone that lies

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Allergic reaction to each one of them is possible.
The easiest way to figure it out is to try max VG and see if it gets better or worst.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm concerned that some of that "coil residue" has made its way into the lungs and caused an infection.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's entirely possible, that's why it's very important to let a qualified physician decide what the problem is. But i certainly wouldn't be vaping any juice with "floaters" from a new coil. Perhaps it's coincidental, perhaps not.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me either, but I've also never used the ceramic.

I appreciate ya'lls input, hopefully I can use a process of elimination between VG/PG ratio, coil type and ejuice flavor get back to it. Have a great day!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wheres my picture of the coils with floaters ???:wait::bomb:
4 posts and have a good day???

I never did take a picture of it, but it was tiny black specs that sometimes would even pop into my mouth while firing. That's what brought it to my attention the first time...ive seen many people talking about sweet juices caramelizing on the coil, but this seems to be a little worse than that.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea and I have had bronchitis before too, but never like this...I wouldn't be here asking opinions about it if it was something I had experienced before

Vaping will make your bronchitis worse and will make healing slower(if you continue to vape). Vaping didn't cause your bronchitis. Getting bronchitis caused your bronchitis and vaping made it worse.

Wait and see for yourself. When the bronchitis is healed, you'll be able to vape as you did the prior 3-4 months. Until you get bronchitis again. Some people are prone to getting it. My wife does fairly often. She doesn't smoke or vape.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
PG doesn't normally give the "heavy" feeling in the lungs, but it's certainly possible.

You're right; usually with PG intolerance, it's more of an irritated/burned feeling -- VG is the culprit for that heavy, can't-cough-it-up feeling. Makes me feel like a cat with a hairball it can't cough up.

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're right; usually with PG intolerance, it's more of an irritated/burned feeling -- VG is the culprit for that heavy, can't-cough-it-up feeling. Makes me feel like a cat with a hairball it can't cough up.

Andria
Except one of my buddies, his tongue and throat swell. He takes medication just to tolerate up to 10% PG in a juice. :eek:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Except one of my buddies, his tongue and throat swell. He takes medication just to tolerate up to 10% PG in a juice. :eek:

Sounds like a true allergy; my son gets that from the SLIGHTEST exposure to anything coconut.

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a true allergy; my son gets that from the SLIGHTEST exposure to anything coconut.

Andria
Almost sounds like an anaphylactic issue, doesn't it? But it would be a shame to have to carry an epi pen just to vape.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Almost sounds like an anaphylactic issue, doesn't it? But it would be a shame to have to carry an epi pen just to vape.

Specially now that they cost 900 fucking dollars. I am so fucking pissed. I need epi pens. I have a fatally severe reaction to hornets I could hardly afford itwhen it was 240 for a double pack. :headbang:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
damn 900 bucks for an epi pen thats fuckin ridiculous

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Specially now that they cost 900 fucking dollars. I am so fucking pissed. I need epi pens. I have a fatally severe reaction to hornets I could hardly afford itwhen it was 240 for a double pack. :headbang:
I refuse to "like" that post, I can't even imagine what people are going through right now who need those. But I hear it's being questioned and maybe even challenged, so hopefully you'll get a break with that soon. Lemme guess - if you have insurance, they're cheap or free? I don't know when they're going to realize that they can't shove their UNaffordable health care down anyone's throat when they genuinely can't afford it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping high VG causes me to start hacking up VG.
I vape 50/50 and no issues.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
damn 900 bucks for an epi pen thats fuckin ridiculous

How do you expect the economy to grow if we don't pay more for stuff?

j/k of course. well sortof. Economic growth is quite a bit of cooked books and massaging the data.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's what happens when government regulation stifles competition. You can charge whatever you want when you're the only option.

Before the two years is up, we'll see vaping costs do the same.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How do you expect the economy to grow if we don't pay more for stuff?

j/k of course. well sortof. Economic growth is quite a bit of cooked books and massaging the data.
economic growth hardly exists anymore on a national level anyway.
now its more like the growth of the few's bank accounts.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
economic growth hardly exists anymore on a national level anyway.
now its more like the growth of the few's bank accounts.

And much of that 'growth' is bogus just an inflated value house of cards.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well that just blows. I'd thought about us getting our son an epi pen, coconut oil is so ubiquitous, but no way we can afford that. He'll just have to head for the ER and hope they get a shot into him in time.

As for the UNaffordable care act... HAH! I've gotten the exemption for the past 2 yrs, and I have no doubt I'll keep getting it, considering what kaiser permanente wants, to participate in their group plan. With some ridiculous deductible and outrageous co-pays. No thanks!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found Anthem insurance for the wife unit and myself for a bit over $500/mo.
Was paying 2/3 of that out of my pocket when I worked and was on the corporate group policy with a major corporation.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I found Anthem insurance for the wife unit and myself for a bit over $500/mo.
Was paying 2/3 of that out of my pocket when I worked and was on the corporate group policy with a major corporation.

$500-ish a month is our mortgage payment. So, I can have insurance... or I can have a place to live. I'm fine without insurance, but I need a home, every single day.

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a friend who still uses analogs. I tried to get him to try vaping but he said he did and got water in his lungs. I'm assuming the nicotine has like a sticky waterproofing effect on the linings in your lungs or something. Does anyone know what causes that? Thanks.
OP, from what I can gather this is a complete and total myth. I started hearing rumors of water in lungs leading to pneumonia and death in Europe and Israel about 2 years ago when I was there. Those who told me said it was a friend, or a friend of a friend, or "it was in the papers". I could not substantiate a single one, including when I was told exactly which paper it was in.

I'm not surprised the urban legend has spread. But it's just that, a legend. If there were a single death, it would have been plastered all over the news, no matter where it occurred.

I have had the misfortune to spend most of the last year and a half in hospitals (both of my parents passed away). I openly vaped in all of them and had some very frank conversations with many health professionals. Some were very ill-informed. But I WAS able to get out of all those I asked that they've never seen a single patient hospitalized for vaping. A battery injury here and there, all minor, but no hospitalization.

I can, however, remember my first attempts at vaping. Inhaling deeply on a freakin' cig-a-like felt like I was choking and felt like I was getting water in my lungs. Why? Because vapor it moist, not hot dry smoke. It is, however, a sensation that you quickly become accustomed to the point of not even recognizing it from "the old days". This is probably what your friend is talking about.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OP, from what I can gather this is a complete and total myth. I started hearing rumors of water in lungs leading to pneumonia and death in Europe and Israel about 2 years ago when I was there. Those who told me said it was a friend, or a friend of a friend, or "it was in the papers". I could not substantiate a single one, including when I was told exactly which paper it was in.

I'm not surprised the urban legend has spread. But it's just that, a legend. If there were a single death, it would have been plastered all over the news, no matter where it occurred.

I have had the misfortune to spend most of the last year and a half in hospitals (both of my parents passed away). I openly vaped in all of them and had some very frank conversations with many health professionals. Some were very ill-informed. But I WAS able to get out of all those I asked that they've never seen a single patient hospitalized for vaping. A battery injury here and there, all minor, but no hospitalization.

I can, however, remember my first attempts at vaping. Inhaling deeply on a freakin' cig-a-like felt like I was choking and felt like I was getting water in my lungs. Why? Because vapor it moist, not hot dry smoke. It is, however, a sensation that you quickly become accustomed to the point of not even recognizing it from "the old days". This is probably what your friend is talking about.

I think that moisture, and nothing else, is why I still experience a good deal of problems with my asthma -- I've always had trouble with my asthma in the late summer, when it's very humid, and I think what I get from vaping is exactly the same.

Also, the fact that I no longer have the chemicals they add to cigarette tobacco that makes smoke *tolerable* to human lungs, which masked a lot of my asthma symptoms, and also the chemicals they add which are actually bronchodilators -- exactly what an asthmatic needs. So it's not really so much that my asthma is worse, but that now it's not masked. And I'm not getting the "extra" bronchodilators... but I'm also not getting thousands of toxic chemicals and a load of particulate sludge in my lungs.

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Um, the post is a year and half old and the OP has not posted for many months.

It's always a good idea to check posting dates.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Um, the post is a year and half old and the OP has not posted for many months.

It's always a good idea to check posting dates.
It came up as a new post for me, and the information remains pertinent. But thank you for being my first encounter with the necro police on VU. I kind of thought this forum was above that stuff.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It came up as a new post for me, and the information remains pertinent. But thank you for being my first encounter with the necro police on VU. I kind of thought this forum was above that stuff.

LOL.Trying to keep you from wasting some time but thanks for the heads up, I'll let you ramble to yourself like dumb ass all you like.

Hell, just for entertainment I might go back a couple years and post in a bunch of dead threads just to watch you reply to all of 'em.

Was trying to help you out, but I guess you can fuck off instead.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL.Trying to keep you from wasting some time but thanks for the heads up, I'll let you ramble to yourself like dumb ass all you like.

Hell, just for entertainment I might go back a couple years and post in a bunch of dead threads just to watch you reply to all of 'em.

Was trying to help you out, but I guess you can fuck off instead.
Great, you're THAT guy too. Have a nice life.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great, you're THAT guy too. Have a nice life.

I am. When I offer friendly information to help you and you come at me like a spider monkey, I tend to swat back.

My post was in no way rude. Yours was. So, I figure you can fuck off.

brian435baer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been Vaping for almost 2 years NON-Stop - I've set my limit to only VAPE between like 3.6v-4.0v - for the first 1 1/2 years I used sub Ohm tank's, always pushing the wattage limits - usually stayed around 45-60watts with a crown tank or Starre Freemax tank with the nickel coils - up until most recently I stated using an RDA and I love it.
I can't even use a tank anymore - it's all about RDA's and drippin for me now - I have been using tiger wire & my latest build has been a set of dual fused Clapton's 26/34 N90 .20 - freaking love these things, and I've been running them at 65watts and its primo/perfect for me!
I used to be really paranoid about Vaping and thought it couldn't be as good for you as I heard t was - but honesty I don't care anymore ether way - my health is great, I feel much better & the Vaping community/industry just kept getting better and better & honestly it still is even with the regulations they don't bother me.
I have eveything I need, always will and always have - Vaping is life, it's all about that VAPE life!

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I know this is an old post, I stumbled across it while researching bronchitis, but I used to manage a pharmacy for several years and thought you should know that there ARE other auto-injector epinephrine pens available that are cheap. All your doctor has to do is write a script for 2 auto-injector epinephrine pens. If it says epi-pen, your pharmacist is required to fill it as written. The only downside is Epi-pen holds the patent for the only delivery system the FDA has approved for in-school use, so you can't take the other brand injector to your kid's school to be used or kept there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know this is an old post, I stumbled across it while researching bronchitis, but I used to manage a pharmacy for several years and thought you should know that there ARE other auto-injector epinephrine pens available that are cheap. All your doctor has to do is write a script for 2 auto-injector epinephrine pens. If it says epi-pen, your pharmacist is required to fill it as written. The only downside is Epi-pen holds the patent for the only delivery system the FDA has approved for in-school use, so you can't take the other brand injector to your kid's school to be used or kept there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll look into those!!!! :cheers:

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
glad i read this stuff, new to this and didn't know it would dehydrate me. hope to get off cigs though!

Is he Healthy water in the lungs is usually caused by congestive heart faliure.

VU Sponsors