Become a Patron!

water/vodka/PGA????

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been spending some time (quite a lot, actually) at eliquidrecipes.com and much appreciate that people are so willing to share their recipes.. since I'm horrible at it! I notice a lot have 1-2% water/vodka/PGA. You use water? Or vodka? And what exactly is PGA? And what do they do? Thanks in advance!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
PGA stands for Pure Grain Alcohol ( for example Everclear ) ... in the context of a recipe, it's usually used to thin a high VG mix but alternatively, PGA and Vodka are sometimes used for cleaning atomizers, tanks, etc so you could see the abbreviation used elsewhere also.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ahhhhhh! Thanks! I don't mix high vg, I do 50/50 so guessing I don't really need it in my mixes. And I do use vodka to clean my tanks and atomizers. Good to know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is true regarding the increased throat hit. Most folks use Everclear (it's in my lab stuff but as yet unopened) although I understand it's not available everywhere. In Oregon, they keep it behind the counter, explaining that it's used in drug manufacture. <sigh>

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It is true regarding the increased throat hit. Most folks use Everclear (it's in my lab stuff but as yet unopened) although I understand it's not available everywhere. In Oregon, they keep it behind the counter, explaining that it's used in drug manufacture. <sigh>
That's just sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors