Become a Patron!

Watt Limits

So My Question is about an older mod that I have. the mod is a VV/VW mod Between 6-15 watts in VW and between 3-6 volts in VV and from everything I have read it has a max battery draw of 5 amps and can use a coil down to 1.2 Ohm

My question is will the mod running in voltage mode at 6 volts with a 1.2 ohm coil be running at 30 watt or be capped at 15?

Cheers.

Smoktech Rocket VV/VW Mod is the mod im talking about btw

Last edited:

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To my knowledge the mod should not fire if you try to push it beyond it's capabilities. If it does fire at 1.2 ohm and 6v, and it's working properly, it should limit at 15 watts.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
With a hard limit of 15W and a coil of 1.2 Ohms resistance, it should not fire above 4.24V. If it does, it will probably only give you that voltage, regardless of what you dial in. That said, I don't know the mod. This is just maths. Helpful and simple calculator: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

so even with a max battery draw of 5 amp it will still only pull a maximus of 3.45amps in wattage mode at 15 watts with a 1.2 ohm coil

even tho at 3.45 amps at 6 volts in vv mode it should be able to hit 20.70 watts ?

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If the mod description says it cannot do more than 15W, then I'm not sure why you insist on pulling more than that. Get a mod that can.

I more just trying to understand it, so if i set it at 6 volts 2.4 ohms and 1.2 ohms will have the same wattage that correct ?

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I more just trying to understand it, so at 6 volts 2.4 ohms and 1.2 ohms will have the same wattage that correct ?

No, 2.4 Ohms will give you 15W with 2.5A draw at 6V. That's possible with the mod (in theory).
1.2 Ohms will give you 30W with 5A draw at 6V. This is not possible with a 15W hard limit .

No, 2.4 Ohms will give you 15W with 2.5A draw at 6V. That's possible with the mod (in theory).
1.2 Ohms will give you 30W with 5A draw at 6V. This is not possible with a 15W hard limit .
yeah so will get the same wattage at 1.2 ohms and 2,4 ohms if my voltage is "set" at 6 volts becuase it will only be really pulling 4.24 volts at 1.2 ohms even tho its set at 6

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
yeah so will get the same wattage at 1.2 ohms and 2,4 ohms if my voltage is "set" at 6 volts becuase it will only be really pulling 4.24 volts at 1.2 ohms even tho its set at 6

As said before, it may fire with reduced voltage, or it may not fire at all. Depends on the mod I suppose. Generally speaking, you should avoid relying on the mods protective measures, if it has any. Better stay within its limits.

VU Sponsors