Become a Patron!

Watt!!

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Hi i am new to vaping and i bought a Eleaf i stick 20w with aspire mini tank. I want to know something about the wattage. Does higher wattage means i burn more flavor? If so if i vape in like 6-8watts will it help me save E-juice? Any help will be appreciated thanks :)

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The higher the wattage the hotter the coil, the warmer the vape, more e-liquid and more power is used and the faster you wear out your coil and drain your battery. I tell everyone just starting out with a variable wattage device to vape at the lowest wattage possible that still satisfies you. If you need to keep it at 15watts to keep you from thinking about lighting up then that's your sweet spot and so be it. Its all about personal preference and where you like to be dialed in. The juice your using is a factor also. Different e liquids taste better at different wattages as well. Some are better at higher wattages and some better lower. Isn't it great to be able to dial it in to your specific liking? Welcome to VU!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU, nice to meet you, the higher wattage burns then the hotter the atty gets, the more you vape at the higher wattage , yes the more juice you go through and the quicker you use the battery charge as well. Hope that helps you, Enjoy the forum

Last edited:

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
The higher the wattage the hotter the coil, the warmer the vape, more e-liquid and more power is used and the faster you wear out your coil and drain your battery. I tell everyone just starting out with a variable wattage device to vape at the lowest wattage possible that still satisfies you. If you need to keep it at 15watts to keep you from thinking about lighting up then that's your sweet spot and so be it. Its all about personal preference and where you like to be dialed in. The juice your using is a factor also. Different e liquids taste better at different wattages as well. Some are better at higher wattages and some better lower. Isn't it great to be able to dial it in to your specific liking? Welcome to VU!

Hi! Thanks a lot!! I have been vaping it at 12watts now. But if i go lower on watt like 6-8 watt i dont get much vapor coming out and it hurts my throat. I am using a Cuttwood unicorn milk flavor e-juice. I didnt smoke that much and i dont vape that much as well. What will be the best possible settings for me to consume less E-juice. Like i want a 30ml bottle to last for atleast 30 days. Is that possible?

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU, nice to meet you, the higher wattage burns the atty hotter, the more you vape at the higher wattage , yes the more juice you got through and the quicker you use the battery charge as well. Hope that helps you, Enjoy the forum
Hi. Thanks a lot for your reply. Vaping is great and i am loving it so far haha. I just want to save as much e-juice as possible :p

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rather doubt it, but that also depends on how heavy a vaper you are, were you a heavy smoker?

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi! Thanks a lot!! I have been vaping it at 12watts now. But if i go lower on watt like 6-8 watt i dont get much vapor coming out and it hurts my throat. I am using a Cuttwood unicorn milk flavor e-juice. I didnt smoke that much and i dont vape that much as well. What will be the best possible settings for me to consume less E-juice. Like i want a 30ml bottle to last for atleast 30 days. Is that possible?

Anything is possible but that's only a ml a day. I vape about 5-6ml a day. :D Vape at whatever wattage is most comfortable for you.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30 ml 30 days that's a ml a day good luck with that. Don't mean to be pedantic but if you vape that little I wouldn't vape at all. Why do you want it to last that long.

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
I rather doubt it, but that also depends on how heavy a vaper you are, were you a heavy smoker?
Not really. i smoke about 5-6 cigs per day :p and when i got my starter kit i vaped about 1ml per day even less!! im not a heavy vaper lol :p

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the thing is your doing something now that is much more healthier than smoking and much cheaper any way you look at it. I wouldn't put too much thought on watching your e liquid intake at the beginning. Just be happy that your getting your sense of taste and smell back and not stinking like an ashtray! :D

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape way more than I used to smoke mainly because I like vaping didn't really like smoking was just a habit iv got into diy juice now well been doing it for few months so don't really have to worry about juice consumption. Vape at whatever watt and however much juice makes you stay off the stinkies and if that's a ml a day good on ya. Happy vaping.

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
30 ml 30 days that's a ml a day good luck with that. Don't mean to be pedantic but if you vape that little I wouldn't vape at all. Why do you want it to last that long.
Well at the moment i'm at a very tight budget and e-juices in my country are really expensive :p So yeah :p

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
I vape way more than I used to smoke mainly because I like vaping didn't really like smoking was just a habit iv got into diy juice now well been doing it for few months so don't really have to worry about juice consumption. Vape at whatever watt and however much juice makes you stay off the stinkies and if that's a ml a day good on ya. Happy vaping.
Whats a DIY juice? :\

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need vg which stands for vegetable glycerin flavorings which I order online from flavor art. and nicotine which my local vape shop sells some people use pg ,propylene glycol because it carries the flavour better but I don't use it have a look on the diy juice section on this forum you will be amazed at some of the recipes.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine delivery is tied to 1) the Nic level in mg/ml, and 2) the number of ml of juice you consume. So, if you take my 6 mg/ml juice and budget yourself to one ml per day, your intake will be 6 mg of nicotine.

The question becomes how much nicotine do you need each hit, each hour or each day in order to stay off of cigarettes.

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Nicotine delivery is tied to 1) the Nic level in mg/ml, and 2) the number of ml of juice you consume. So, if you take my 6 mg/ml juice and budget yourself to one ml per day, your intake will be 6 mg of nicotine.

The question becomes how much nicotine do you need each hit, each hour or each day in order to stay off of cigarettes.
So basically if i smoke 1ml of 12mg nicotine e-juice then im smoking just 12mg nicotine per day??

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Congrats aaseer! You made the move from smoking to vaping, that's the important move. Like others I vape more than I smoked because I enjoy it and I know I'm not killing myself slowly. I DIY my juice and it's cheap!! I make a 50VG/50PG juice with high flavor. I vape 10-15 mL a day (sub ohm) and it cost me pennies a day. So much cheaper than smoking. Like others have said, look at the DIY section here. It cost a little up front to get started, but then you save big!!! Good luck to you!!!

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Congrats aaseer! You made the move from smoking to vaping, that's the important move. Like others I vape more than I smoked because I enjoy it and I know I'm not killing myself slowly. I DIY my juice and it's cheap!! I make a 50VG/50PG juice with high flavor. I vape 10-15 mL a day (sub ohm) and it cost me pennies a day. So much cheaper than smoking. Like others have said, look at the DIY section here. It cost a little up front to get started, but then you save big!!! Good luck to you!!!
Thanks a lot :D and now im vaping at 5watts. The lowest watt there is. Will it be a problem? or is it ? I kind of like it

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey! if you like it and it keeps you off cigarettes, then it's perfect!!!!

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Hey! if you like it and it keeps you off cigarettes, then it's perfect!!!!
Yes smoking was a disgusting habit!! I can smell and taste things better now. I can run longer, do outdoor activities properly without getting tired. Im glad i chose to quit smoking and start vaping. The best decision of my life :p

Someone should point out that on certain tanks a lower wattage and a high PG juice may lead the a bit of buildup which may leak out of the tank via the air intake holes. Just something to be mindful of, there may not be anything wrong with your setup so no need to panic, the lower wattage is just not burning off excess juice.

aaseer

Member For 4 Years
Someone should point out that on certain tanks a lower wattage and a high PG juice may lead the a bit of buildup which may leak out of the tank via the air intake holes. Just something to be mindful of, there may not be anything wrong with your setup so no need to panic, the lower wattage is just not burning off excess juice.
Thanks for the info. I don't think there is anything wrong with my setup :p I have managed to last almost 2days with 1ml of juice ._. yes thats how less i vape :p How long will my atomizers last if i continue like this?

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dripping is where you have coils with wicks exposed and you drip directly onto them and you get better flavour in my opinion and more vapor as a rule there is no tank that you fill and you have to make your own coils and wick them.

VU Sponsors