Become a Patron!

Wattage control

Woody213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Will someone explain to me why devices go up in 1/10 watt increments? I just picked up a reg mod, rx200 and can't see myself saying "hmm 3/10 of a watt will make this on the money." I have to adjust at least a few watts to see a difference, usually I'm adjusting by at least 5.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Will someone explain to me why devices go up in 1/10 watt increments? I just picked up a reg mod, rx200 and can't see myself saying "hmm 3/10 of a watt will make this on the money." I have to adjust at least a few watts to see a difference, usually I'm adjusting by at least 5.
Most of the time, I'm adjusting in 2.5W. Therefore, I personally like to be able to adjust at least in 5/10.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
It is for fine tuning your mod. With a subohm tank, it is less necessary to get the right flavor dialed in, but with an MTL setup, like a it Nautilus or something similar and a 1.8 ohm coil in the 10-15 watt range, .1 adjustments are still very useful.

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Woody213, I have found that vaping(all things involved) is a very subjective experience. What works or doesn't work for me may be perfect for someone else.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With the Movkin Disguiser the one thing I wish it would have is to be able to adjust the Wattage in increments smaller than 1 Watt at least down under the 20 watt range.

VU Sponsors