Become a Patron!

Wattage on a build

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
Hi all, im a newish builder. Currently I'm just doing basic coils - 6 wrap, 3mm, kanthal a1 22g, dual coil in a smoant rdta/smoant battlestar 200w. I dont know the exact leg length atm ...maybe 4-5mm each leg. I've checked sites and vape calcs and it seems the answers from each vary greatly, as to how much wattage I can safely run. I've been keeping it around the 60-75 watt range. I seem to be getting some popping, which goes away at 75ish power. No dry hits at all. Using cotton bacon. The pic is latest rewick of coil.

Any help or advice appreciated
1324fbeaaf45c8d6bbf91b3392042d3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As many watts as your regulated mod will fire..... or you get scalded by the steam...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
I should probably mention I'm using 2 18650 batteries that i believe are either 2200 or 2700. I had to rewrap them and can't recall which.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
Ok so that would be fine at 60. It snaps like crazy at 60. Vape tool says 93 would be max.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
Also would 2 batteries rated at 20amp be able to handle 40 total? My amps are right in line with i=v/r at 19.xx

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the mod being regulated will only fire what it finds to be safe?

Nope it will vape at whatever power you set it to vape at.
It will just not vape if the resistance is too low, etc.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
It's running at .20 amps. Is there anyway this thing turns into a bomb if I run it at like 100?

Nope,it will fire to the max volts it can deliver...If your mod can only give max of lets say...12V,your coil is 1oHm,and you set it to 120W,it will fire because it is 11V,if you set it to 160W you wont get 160W because it is 12.65V and your mod can deliver only 12V...In this vase you will get only 144W

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A 10 watts mad is capable of delivering a pretty sever vapor burn....... it is capable of drawing more power from batteries than they can supply...... Fact Is most regulated devices have enough circuitry to avoid most electricity based mishaps. ...

Thermal Dynamics. . Metallurgy and physics are still there to bite you.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
A 10 watts mad is capable of delivering a pretty sever vapor burn....... it is capable of drawing more power from batteries than they can supply...... Fact Is most regulated devices have enough circuitry to avoid most electricity based mishaps. ...

Thermal Dynamics. . Metallurgy and physics are still there to bite you.

Lol great. More to look into!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol great. More to look into!

As long as you are using good quality batteries purchased from a trusted vendor. ... your pretty safe electrically on any build that the mod will fire.....

That doesn't prevent you from the dangers of heated and superheated fluids.

Your are sucking hot juice from a light bulb filament afterall.

zen0fire

Member For 4 Years
Lol I never thought of if that way, but I'll be damned if that's not true!

VU Sponsors