Become a Patron!

Wattage on mod won't go all the way up

Recently purchased a vapor fi 150w mod, I am using 2 18650 3.7v 2500mah batteries. Now here's where I get lost, I am using the prince tank with t10 coil at .12 ohms and this only allows my mod to go up to 81.3 watts at a full charge, what can I do to allow my mod to go to higher wattage? Was thinking about purchasing 3100mah 40 amp batteries especially because I am going to be trying the new triple mesh coils with a .15 ohms reading so help please?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently purchased a vapor fi 150w mod, I am using 2 18650 3.7v 2500mah batteries. Now here's where I get lost, I am using the prince tank with t10 coil at .12 ohms and this only allows my mod to go up to 81.3 watts at a full charge, what can I do to allow my mod to go to higher wattage? Was thinking about purchasing 3100mah 40 amp batteries especially because I am going to be trying the new triple mesh coils with a .15 ohms reading so help please?
Not sure about that mod but I have a mod that will only let you go so high with 18650s. Have to use 21700 to get to the max wattage. Also they don't really make a 40amp battery. Sales tactics is all that is. Stick with Sony, LG or sayno. A few others will chime in I'm sure. And also welcome to the Vu.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Not sure about that mod but I have a mod that will only let you go so high with 18650s. Have to use 21700 to get to the max wattage. Also they don't really make a 40amp battery. Sales tactics is all that is. Stick with Sony, LG or sayno. A few others will chime in I'm sure. And also welcome to the Vu.

I literally just ordered them but I will check them out to see if they make a difference if not I'll look into the 21700's thanks!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I literally just ordered them but I will check them out to see if they make a difference if not I'll look into the 21700's thanks!
Check and make sure the mod can take 21700s first

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have it in Temp control mode? Some mods will only go up so high in TC. The t10 coils are kanthal and shouldn't run in TC.
3c30e5d3318a5bdacb23dbfcf40db174.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never had a MOD not allow me to set the wattage to the Maximum, now if it will fire at that wattage is the thing I never checked.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never had a MOD not allow me to set the wattage to the Maximum, now if it will fire at that wattage is the thing I never checked.
The Venvi baby ness asks when you install the battery if 18650 or 21700. If the 18 is used it will only let you goto 80 watts Max. If you use the 21 you can run 150watts. But it's a single battery mod too.:xmaslights:

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boards have an amp limit. With a low ohms build you will hit that limit - usually you need a build at 'around' .25 to get the max power from a dual battery regulated mod. It's unusual for the mod to actually tell you, normally they let you set any watts but just don't do it.
Screenshot 2018-12-18 at 05.56.29.png
Looks like the board limit on yours is 26 amps, which is pretty normal.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Venvi baby ness asks when you install the battery if 18650 or 21700. If the 18 is used it will only let you goto 80 watts Max. If you use the 21 you can run 150watts. But it's a single battery mod too.

Interesting. I guess I never saw it because I do not own any MODs that take two different batteries.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Vapor fi gear are usually rebranded products. Might want to do a Google search for what the device actually is.

VU Sponsors