Become a Patron!

We love cats

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9565b78fc8635ac4deefef4476f0e8eb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We put some of that anti-flea shit on the back of Tuxie's neck last night, poor baby's been scratching so much.... now she looks downright disreputable, with that oily shit causing her fur to stand up and separate. But maybe it'll keep those nasty little bloodsuckers off her.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Our cat is allergic to all flea medicine. We have to bathe her with this special oatmeal bath to keep her from having fleas. Poor baby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tuxie tolerated a flea collar, for a couple of summers, but last summer she came out with a godawful rash and inflammation and loss of fur around her throat, so we can't use a collar anymore. So far she seems to tolerate the back-of-the-neck treatments. Fingers crossed!!!

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So Yesterday had a fat ol softy beast come up and say high, no issues.
Today swung by Petco at an adoption event. Played with a few cats and my eyes damned near slammed shut and I stuffed up.

Guess I need a hypo allergenic breed and a female cat to cut down on the allergen enzyme.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So Yesterday had a fat ol softy beast come up and say high, no issues.
Today swung by Petco at an adoption event. Played with a few cats and my eyes damned near slammed shut and I stuffed up.

Guess I need a hypo allergenic breed and a female cat to cut down on the allergen enzyme.

I take a generic Zyrtec daily -- works great!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bully for you, Zyrtec fucking floors me like cannot wake up get out of bed destroys me.

Thinking of a devon rex or Cornish rex or even a Siberian.

I take it when I first get up, so by the time the next morning rolls around, it's been about 24 hrs since my last dose. (but then, I've been taking benadryl since I was in single-digits, for all my many and varied allergies, so antihistamines really don't have much drowsy effect on me.)

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bully for you, Zyrtec fucking floors me like cannot wake up get out of bed destroys me.

Thinking of a devon rex or Cornish rex or even a Siberian. Keep fucking with mom I am going to get a Sphynx.

I envy people for whom "may cause drowsiness" is a real thing to consider. Ambien doesn't even cause me drowsiness most of the time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I envy people for whom "may cause drowsiness" is a real thing to consider. Ambien doesn't even cause me drowsiness most of the time.

I take 3-4 dramamine every night, to help me sleep, and that's an antihistamine.... It's actually the only one that makes me feel "heavy eyelids", just exactly like natural sleepiness. Benadryl, which is actually the drug that's used in Sominex, just makes me feel like I'm in a hyperactive fog -- fuzzy-headed, but nervous! :giggle:

I like (generic) Zyrtec, because it really works, and it really works all day, exactly as advertised. Allegra really doesn't do squat. I haven't tried Claritin, because I've never found a generic for it, and I simply won't pay name-brand prices (because they're ridiculous!).

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I take 3-4 dramamine every night, to help me sleep, and that's an antihistamine.... It's actually the only one that makes me feel "heavy eyelids", just exactly like natural sleepiness. Benadryl, which is actually the drug that's used in Sominex, just makes me feel like I'm in a hyperactive fog -- fuzzy-headed, but nervous! :giggle:

I like (generic) Zyrtec, because it really works, and it really works all day, exactly as advertised. Allegra really doesn't do squat. I haven't tried Claritin, because I've never found a generic for it, and I simply won't pay name-brand prices (because they're ridiculous!).

Andria

There's quite a few generic Claritin (loratadine) for sale on Amazon. I use it myself. I switch back and forth between it and generic Zyrtec. They're both basically the same. Neither of which makes me drowsy, though. Nor does dramamine, Benedryl or any of my numerous pharmaceuticals with the drowsy warning on them. And I tend to take them all at the same time, about an hour before bedtime, along with melatonin. If I'm lucky, all combined with Ambien, I'll eventually fall asleep.

VU Sponsors